Certain ABU diapers Clumping?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinPeters

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
First of all I am sorry for just joining and jumping straight into a thread, I would just like to ask if anyone here has issues with ABU diapers clumping? I cannot believe they clump for me as they are supposed to be the thickest, best quality diapers available?

I must be putting them on the wrong way or something although I have tried taping the diapers higher up towards my belly button and I have also just taped them below my belly button like normal underwear and have also tried taping them tighter aswell as looser but every single time I wake up the whole front of the diaper has fallen apart and dropped down into a very uncomfortable ball of broken padding.

I just really cannot work out why these really thick diapers are clumping on me, I was looking so forward to them having read all the hype and excellent reviews, but I have to be doing something wrong, I first put it down to a faulty batch but I have since ordered other packs and they still clump.

This applies to ABU Space, Simple & Paws, the only ABU diapers that do not clump on me are cushies V2, and as we know they are significantly thinner so I am just really confused, again I am sorry to jump straight into a thread I am just wondering if any of you have had problems with ABU diapers clumping, I am really confused.

Believe it or not the best diaper I have tried so far is the plain white "My Diaper" but they are so much thinner than ABU.

All diapers will clump eventually. ABU diapers should be lasting a good couple hours though unless you are wearing a size to small possibly.

They are much bigger then baby diapers. as such there is more space and the material is not as tight knit in there to be held like a baby diaper, so eventually it will clump.

I just can't work out how I can spend a night in a cushie or a my diaper and wake up to find no clumps at all, such a shame as I really want to experience an ABU space/Paws/simple like everyone else does.

I have had a long read around on here and I have picked up on somebody saying that a diaper should rise way up to your belly button and they are not supposed to fit like ordinary underwear, that has intrigued me as I tape the top tapes straight over my hips and the bottom tapes I just use to wrap round my legs, so I am thinking maybe I should tape the bottom tapes round my hips and then the top tapes round my belly, I am just really confused and can't work out how to properly put one on, I have noticed tho that when I look at people on tumblr they have no visible diaper round the legs, they just seem to have the diaper taped really high up below their belly button, I have tried before but my waist is not completely flat like the people I see in pictures so I find the best fit to tape the top tapes over my
Hips like normal underwear, but maybe I am doing this completely wrong and this is why I ask here on this site, for an ABU Cushie to not clump compared to a thick space, paws or simple has just really baffled me

I am seriously really sorry if I sound stupid

Even if you have a bit of a belly and it rolls down that is fine, as long as the diaper is large enough to reach that high when you're first putting it on. If it doesn't then you are probably wearing a size too small which can lead to more clumping since there will be more force pulling on the diaper than if you were wearing the correct size.

Also if you are an active sleeper like me clumping can just be a fact of life. I roll around a lot in my sleep and even Rearz Inspire+InControl (which are even thicker than ABU Simple) have some clumpin in the morning for me.

Haven't had that happen with ABU personally.

Do you fold your diapers to activate the channels front to back?

I've never had that happen with ABU. I disagree that all diapers clump too, it depends on what kind of filling they have. I believe more sap = less clumping.

The Abena M4's always clump up on me overnight.

I agree with you about the MyDiaper, they're great and don't clump either. They may be thinner but they hold a lot. The IDSlip's never clump on me either but they are thinner still (but again hold a lot).

Oh yeah I personally don't believe for anyone that a diaper should cover a belly button... the risk of infection in that delicate spot increases.

I also think while diapers fit larger from their nature than other underwear they don't need to be giant visual spectacles (unless that's what you want in which case go for it.)

After unfolding your diaper give it a gentle fold length ways down the middle (plastic on the outside) and see if that helps channel for a more equalisation of the absorption and with any luck that helps against clumping.

I've been wearing crinklz and sleep in them when i wear. I wet heavily and keep them on for about 14 hours. The padding does slowly work its way down the front, but hasn't clumped on me yet. I'm currently wearing one that weighs about 6lbs, is quite swollen and has been on for 14 hours. No clumping, but the padding has migrated about 2 inches down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back