Not open for further replies.

DLMelissa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
I've recently had an issue with a case of my Princess diapees from rearz, and I sent them an email, and pictures of the tab issue, has anyone else had this? The bottom two tabs pull off the plastic shell, no matter what, will not stay, i tried taping them to the landing zone and it still happened

DLMelissa said:
I've recently had an issue with a case of my Princess diapees from rearz, and I sent them an email, and pictures of the tab issue, has anyone else had this? The bottom two tabs pull off the plastic shell, no matter what, will not stay, i tried taping them to the landing zone and it still happened
I've never tried rears but it sounds very similar to what abu was going through

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We just got 6 cases this month in the store of princess. I do remember Abu having issues with their medium are your medium because I didn't notice anything with ours but they were all large

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dbabdlstore said:
We just got 6 cases this month in the store of princess. I do remember Abu having issues with their medium are your medium because I didn't notice anything with ours but they were all large

It was medium yes

Maybe it's something to do with the medium. We're not sure this is the first I have heard of it

w0lfpack91 said:
I've never tried rears but it sounds very similar to what abu was going through

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Doesn't surprise me either. From having both on hand I'm pretty sure they are the same tapes.

When I was wearing Rearz Inspire+ InControl I had a lot of issues with the bottom tapes not sticking to the landing panel and sliding as well.

I've had issues with Rearz lately. Similar to the troubles ABU has had. Weak tapes seem to be a plague lately.

Iron said:
I've had issues with Rearz lately. Similar to the troubles ABU has had. Weak tapes seem to be a plague lately.

Good bet that everyone was using the same 3M tapes. They do all look very similar... same width and solid white, with same powder blue fully opaque pulls.

ClickyKeys said:
Doesn't surprise me either. From having both on hand I'm pretty sure they are the same tapes.

When I was wearing Rearz Inspire+ InControl I had a lot of issues with the bottom tapes not sticking to the landing panel and sliding as well.

Same here with the Inspire + In Control. The top tapes were fine, the bottom tapes wouldn't hold at all. I just put clear packing tape over the bottom tapes. The Rearz Seduction diapers on the other hand work great, no taping issues at all. I could live in these things!

Had some minor issues with my last sample of Safaris. Tapes came undone from the wings after I'd worn and used the diaper for awhile.

DLMelissa said:

Hey Melissa!

I've recently started trying out some ABDL diapers (after too-long being satisfied with sub-par Depends, but that's another story LOL) and bought sample packs of several Rearz diapers (Pricess, Safari and Seduction, to be specific). I had the exact same problem and ended up having to reinforce with clear packing tape. I didn't have this issue with the ABU diapers I tried (maybe I got lucky in the batch I bought?) and really liked the Space (which I'm guessing from your avatar you are a fan of also LOL). I'm curious to find out if this is a problem with a particular lot of Rearz and I (we) had back luck, or if this is something fundamental to Rearz. I assumed the latter, but if the former is true, I'd love to give Rearz another shot. Have you had a lot of experience with Rearz? Is this something that is a relatively new problem?

ab321 said:
Hey Melissa!

I've recently started trying out some ABDL diapers (after too-long being satisfied with sub-par Depends, but that's another story LOL) and bought sample packs of several Rearz diapers (Pricess, Safari and Seduction, to be specific). I had the exact same problem and ended up having to reinforce with clear packing tape. I didn't have this issue with the ABU diapers I tried (maybe I got lucky in the batch I bought?) and really liked the Space (which I'm guessing from your avatar you are a fan of also LOL). I'm curious to find out if this is a problem with a particular lot of Rearz and I (we) had back luck, or if this is something fundamental to Rearz. I assumed the latter, but if the former is true, I'd love to give Rearz another shot. Have you had a lot of experience with Rearz? Is this something that is a relatively new problem?

This is the first time I've ever had an issue with Rearz! I have bought maybe 5 cases total from them so far, and they are my favorite diapers next to the Abu space, I contacted customer support and they were willing to help me out a bit with the issue, and they said they had spoken to the manufacturer about the tapes issue! I will probably never stop buying from them!

As someone who is relatively new to "the good stuff" (as I said, I've been slumming it in depends up until recently LOL), I'm curious as to what you like about Rearz as opposed to other diapers. Is it the fit, the absorbency, the designs? What is it that makes Rearz a favorite? I was not really impressed with my first try with the Rearz, but it seems that this is contrary to the experience that most others have had. The ABU were awesome, but maybe I'm selling Rearz short? I'm trying to become an educated consumer, and I value the opinion of others who have more experience.

ab321 said:
As someone who is relatively new to "the good stuff" (as I said, I've been slumming it in depends up until recently LOL), I'm curious as to what you like about Rearz as opposed to other diapers. Is it the fit, the absorbency, the designs? What is it that makes Rearz a favorite? I was not really impressed with my first try with the Rearz, but it seems that this is contrary to the experience that most others have had. The ABU were awesome, but maybe I'm selling Rearz short? I'm trying to become an educated consumer, and I value the opinion of others who have more experience.

I wore them 24/7 for the past couple months because I liked how they felt. Although their recent batch from their manufacturer seems to have an issue so I'm wearing ABU Simple for the moment.

Although I'm using the in-store credit I got from the most recent case toward a case of Princess Pink hoping maybe it was just while the manufacturer was making the Inspire+InControls that the issue existed. (Since they are the same diaper, just different design)

ab321 said:
As someone who is relatively new to "the good stuff" (as I said, I've been slumming it in depends up until recently LOL), I'm curious as to what you like about Rearz as opposed to other diapers. Is it the fit, the absorbency, the designs? What is it that makes Rearz a favorite?

Rearz has a lot to offer. Their flagship diapers are based on Inspire InControl (including princess and safari) and are probably the highest capacity diapers on the market. (so they're available in ABDL, sissy, AND all-white... that's a great spread) They've got a track record of maintaining high quality and discrete shipping. I haven't heard any customer service issues. Their diapers are also very wide crotch, with tall effective leak guards and waist elastic in the back AND front. (if anything, they can be a bit TOO wide in the crotch for side sleeping) Their sizing is pretty generous also. My biggest issues with them are side-sleeping discomfort and high cost. They don't have much in the way of a US outlet. (bambino carries them, but iirc it only saves me $5 by the case)

I suppose I have had one issue with them... on those rare nights when I've drank a ton and decide to just tough it out on my back all night, it's not unusual to crawl out of bed in the morning and find the top sheet has separated from the shell on one or both sides in the crotch. This exposes a cake of wet sap on the sides of the crotch, which surprisingly seems to stay in one lump rather than shedding balls of sap everywhere. When this happens I'm always expecting a lot of cleanup, but that's just never been a problem somehow. But I'm still quite satisfied with their performance, having reached a point where a Space would be leaking badly but there's not a spot on my sheets.

bambinod said:
so they're available in ABDL, sissy, AND all-white... that's a great spread

Don't forget Seductions. Black diaper FTW.

bambinod said:
Rearz has a lot to offer. Their flagship diapers are based on Inspire InControl (including princess and safari) and are probably the highest capacity diapers on the market. (so they're available in ABDL, sissy, AND all-white... that's a great spread) They've got a track record of maintaining high quality and discrete shipping. I haven't heard any customer service issues. Their diapers are also very wide crotch, with tall effective leak guards and waist elastic in the back AND front. (if anything, they can be a bit TOO wide in the crotch for side sleeping) Their sizing is pretty generous also. My biggest issues with them are side-sleeping discomfort and high cost. They don't have much in the way of a US outlet. (bambino carries them, but iirc it only saves me $5 by the case)

I suppose I have had one issue with them... on those rare nights when I've drank a ton and decide to just tough it out on my back all night, it's not unusual to crawl out of bed in the morning and find the top sheet has separated from the shell on one or both sides in the crotch. This exposes a cake of wet sap on the sides of the crotch, which surprisingly seems to stay in one lump rather than shedding balls of sap everywhere. When this happens I'm always expecting a lot of cleanup, but that's just never been a problem somehow. But I'm still quite satisfied with their performance, having reached a point where a Space would be leaking badly but there's not a spot on my sheets.

Thanks for the input! So it sounds like your love of Rearz hinges largely on capacity? I haven't really pushed a diaper to its limit, as of yet, so that hasn't been anything that I've paid much attention to. For me, I want something that is really thick and soft and comfy and something that fits nice and snug. For me, the ABU was perfect in this regard whereas the Rearz either snapped apart at the tapes and/or fell off anytime I moved. Of course, maybe I'm not the best at self-diapering. I guess I need a bit more practice :)

ab321 said:
Thanks for the input! So it sounds like your love of Rearz hinges largely on capacity? I haven't really pushed a diaper to its limit, as of yet, so that hasn't been anything that I've paid much attention to. For me, I want something that is really thick and soft and comfy and something that fits nice and snug. For me, the ABU was perfect in this regard whereas the Rearz either snapped apart at the tapes and/or fell off anytime I moved. Of course, maybe I'm not the best at self-diapering. I guess I need a bit more practice :)

practice makes perfect!

Well yes rearz's biggest selling point is probably capacity. But their safari and sissy diapers are a very well-designed pattern also. I'd call capacity and shell art their top two features.

I want something that is really thick and soft and comfy and something that fits nice and snug.

Well you can get all that from several places. Rearz is thicker, but bambino and ABU both hit all the points well too. As for fit, rearz is a bit larger overall where abu and bambino size about the same. If your diaper is falling down, you're taping it wrong. (unless it's soaked and heavy! a really wet rearz struggles to stay on my hips when I get outa bed!) If you're still having problems with the fit and think it may be a bit oversize, try abu (space/paws) or bambino, as they are slightly smaller at each size. Also consider taping lower than you usually would, don't go for a "front and back are at the same height", aim for an inch or so of additional overhang in the front. Don't be afraid to attach the lowers below the tape panel if you need to

(and yes I forgot about the seduction, I've never tried those myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back