What I called "mobility issues"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah agency sucks in that way , I have to know who my aide is from day to day, and agency model is usually jot good about that, I have hypervigilant PTSD so strange carers might do something harmless and have me "freak" if they don't know me , not good for either of us, continuity is very important , so i understand completely , the considerations you must make.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I understand tetra's point but it still feels a lot better when I can do stuff myself.
But I'm going to have to consider it because it's really not that easy to change and get ready in the mornings. I just got up a few minutes ago to get ready to go for some intense early morning physiotherapy. Today's day is packed with things to do.... It's not that easy for me to change by myself and manoeuvre from the chair to the toilet and change from there. This morning my mother had to give a hand.
With all the stress of uni I feel like things will only get more difficult for me and it wouldn't hurt to have someone when I need. But at the same time i want to avoid that as much as possible.
I think I'm just going to take things as they go and if I really need someone's help I'll have to accept it.

Hi Mia,
i obviously don't know your situation financial or otherwise or what medic insurance you have and what it covers. Could you possibly post an advert for a personal carer? that way as Tetra has said you get complete control over hours, what they do etc. just a thought.

PCBaby said:
Hi Mia,
i obviously don't know your situation financial or otherwise or what medic insurance you have and what it covers. Could you possibly post an advert for a personal carer? that way as Tetra has said you get complete control over hours, what they do etc. just a thought.
Yeah, I guess I can. I doubt insurance will cover it, they haven't really helped me much other than the surgeries I've had in the past. Unfortunately my parents have had to deal with most of the costs, especially for the prosthetics and stuff,
I mean we are fortunate enough to be able to afford it but still it's not a cool situation. I should probably learn more about hope these coverages work since I haven't very little idea of how this stuff works.

miapeters said:
Yeah, I guess I can. I doubt insurance will cover it, they haven't really helped me much other than the surgeries I've had in the past. Unfortunately my parents have had to deal with most of the costs, especially for the prosthetics and stuff,
I mean we are fortunate enough to be able to afford it but still it's not a cool situation. I should probably learn more about hope these coverages work since I haven't very little idea of how this stuff works.
Mia look for a Center for independent living or call your local voc rehab office and ask them , i am in Pa and we have 2 different CIL one of them i use as my payroll agent, I budget and authorize my aides hours and salary through them, they do all the taxes and such, for me it's paid thru what's called the medicaid waiver program, I am sick enough to be eligible to be in a nursing home , but at 49 I would rather live in my own place independently, a nursing home would be $68,000 a year whereas livingat home and gaving an aide is $28,000 , so it saves money and gives me a better life & death, not my idea of fun living in a nursing home , and actually the quality of my palliative care is better because it's a doctor I have been with for 10 years not some over worked Hospitalist who would have a knee jerk reaction to the medications I use.doctors are being a real problem with opiods these days let alone in combination with Benzo's .

Hi Tetra,
I can sympathise about the opioids I'm currently in a withdrawal programme after becoming addicted to prescribed oxycontin

PCBaby said:
Hi Tetra,
I can sympathise about the opioids I'm currently in a withdrawal programme after becoming addicted to prescribed oxycontin
Oh yeah , when my doctor asked me if i would sign a pain contract , I said in a heart beat as long as you sign mine first , she never had a patient say that and wanted to know what my conditions are, I said absolutely no oxcycontin , and if you ever think I may have a problem , I don't leave your office , I go direct admit to a rehab , that of course made her ask why ? And I told her about how the not yet fully exploded epidemic got started and I lost my wife to ocycontin after 7 years of hell from oxcycontin ,it destroyed her life and left me really "crazy" about the potential of me doing that to my friends ,she didn't have a problem with my conditions and told me she won't prescribe the contin , and we had a a long talk about Perdue and the FDA , and all the lies told .

I am sorry , you have been a victim of that stuff and the companies grèed . I believe the first week you take that stuff is when the problem starts , because it doesn't address the pain for 12 hours in anyone ,most people are extremely lucky to get 5 hours out of it , and because of that it's an addiction waiting to happen, several state attorney general's are going after Perdue and some of the other companies to take back the profits and use them to help treat people and I think thats a great idea Perdue alone has profited 34 billion , and only paid a 2 million dollar fine thus far . Where are you with it ? And if you are not doing contin , the $64,000 ? How are you managing pain and treatment , do you have somebody good helping you ? Or you another nameless victim in all of this , I have seen that a lot, I am very active in pain communities harassing the doctors that killed my wife writeing letters to all the politicians and lawmakers about how we got here and how they are hurting more people with "there optional guidlines" and rescheduling of tramadol and Vicodin , they are making things worse , any way I'll let people get back to diapers oriented and shoot you a PM

Hi Tetra,
thanks for the info, I live in the UK, and i have a psychiatrist running the programme and am getting great support from my Doctor. My dose had gone up to 120mg twice daily but is now down to 50mg am and 90mg pm, next cut is due on Friday when am dose will go to 40mg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back