Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I thought this would be a great idea. I personally think you can see a lot of a person in their heroes/role models. See like my personal heroes are

Jerry Seinfeld, he's smart, witty, and overall a good person. My father was a terrible role model. Hurtful, abusive, and non feeling. I was born early enough to watch Jerry's show, Seinfeld. I adore this show. I've watched it as a toddler with my mother. She explained some of the jokes, but I got a lot of them even at an early age. Jerry end up being a strong role model for me.

Jason David Frank, the original green power ranger. A strong leader, a positive energy, and a spokesman for positive behavior and good morale values. Even now he trains to be better. That's something I can truly respect. I do this myself. What I did yesterday and can do better tomorrow.

Mark Hamill, Luke Skywalker. Come on this one is easy. Star Wars is my favorite movie of all time. Mark is a gifted performer. Even when you're known for something great. It doesn't mean that you have topped out. You could still go on to be something else.

I see the flaws in even my role models, but I prefer to see them for what good they brought to my life.

Mark Hamil does seem like a champion, great voice actor and being Luke Skywalker he really has added positively to my imagination.

Brilliant to be looking for positives in life bro.

Sadly I have found most celebrities are Pied Piper type of people so don't tie your happiness too closely to them.

Neal Degrass Tyson. The guy is way smarter than I could ever hope to be, AND is a natural at interacting with others.

Richard Feynman was a legend. A polymath who could explain his ideas with enthusiasm and clarity to laymen, yet knew when to put his maths/physics work down so he could learn something truly important... like playing the bongos or oil painting.

Mickey Mouse is my inspiration. Cute, funny, friendly, smart, loving.
Otherwise, a real person, probably Bill Gates, is what I'd have said before. Was good at making and selling a product. Good businessman. What I aim to be.

I can't say I have any role models per se. There are some people I do look up to and here are even people who I used to look up to, but no longer do.
When it comes to art I look up to my favorite artist Phation and see him as an inspiration, http://phation.deviantart.com/
I look up to AdorableRabbit, as he has helped me quite a lot. Both with art and with helping me get things in order at least a little in my life where before everything was just sort of ... a mess.

There are pretty much no actual role models though in my day to day life as in, like someone I have met eye to eye. At one point I saw my Mom as a role model, but truthfully I am lucky I no longer see her that way cause she shouldn't be a role model for anyone unless their idea was to be screwed up.

I have met someone I used to look up to, but later just found they were not someone I should be looking up to. They do a lot of good things for others, no doubt ... but they often treat me like garbage, cause I obviously havn't been treated like that enough in my life as it is. I guess to some people I am just a shitty person.

MarchinBunny said:
I guess to some people I am just a shitty person.

One of the first things that my psychotherapist started discussing with me was my "locus of evaluation".

Basically, I was judging my self-worth according to (what I thought) other people thought about me. It's bullshit. Not only could I not accurately intuit what people (especially those I didn't know) thought about me, it doesn't even matter that much. What is much more important is how you view yourself.

http://counsellingtutor.com/counsel...-approach-to-counselling/locus-of-evaluation/

If your brain tells you that "other people think you're a shitty person", tell it to fuck off and not to be so rude! Ignore it. Don't dwell on the past, look to the future. Put on a smile and be a nice person. And screw anyone who doesn't realise how nice you are. Be nice; have no guilt; and let haters go fornicate. Yay!

tiny said:
One of the first things that my psychotherapist started discussing with me was my "locus of evaluation".

Basically, I was judging my self-worth according to (what I thought) other people thought about me. It's bullshit. Not only could I not accurately intuit what people (especially those I didn't know) thought about me, it doesn't even matter that much. What is much more important is how you view yourself.

http://counsellingtutor.com/counsel...-approach-to-counselling/locus-of-evaluation/

If your brain tells you that "other people think you're a shitty person", tell it to fuck off and not to be so rude! Ignore it. Don't dwell on the past, look to the future. Put on a smile and be a nice person. And screw anyone who doesn't realise how nice you are. Be nice; have no guilt; and let haters go fornicate. Yay!

Good advice =^.^=
Thank you, Tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back