How do you put on your diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLPJ

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I lay my diaper down on the floor and lay on on it. Then I pull it up and make sure the front and back are level to each other. Then I center left to right to make sure my tapes will be evenly spaced.

How important is it to you to get the front and back level? And the tapes evenly spaced ? Do you tape up tightly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me the back is usually a little higher than the front especially after I fold a bit of the front down to go under my belly. This allows me to get the snuggest fit I can. I do this while standing against a wall

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I put them on standing up. Just pull the front and back up, use my forearm to hold one side while leaving my hand free to help tape the​ other.

As far as keeping the front and back even, that depends on the diaper. Different ones fit me differently, so I have different ways of aligning them. It is important to me though that I get it taped up symmetrically and get the fit how I want though.

Then as far as taping it tightly, no, not really. Taping it too tightly is counter productive, and a loose diaper should be able to perform just as well if the fit is correct.

I can never get the tapes to center even when I try to hold the wing in place.

I used to put standing up, but now do lying down, I think I get a better fit and less leaks. Also not rushing helps.

hold it up to me
tape it on

Standing up leaning against a wall. Using the wall as third hand.

I prefer to Diaper up lying down, it's easier and you can make sure everything is in the right place. Normally I'll do it on my bed. For me the back is always higher than the front, bottom tapes first to get the legs right then take up the excess with the top tapes to make sure its snug. If I'm out and about I'll tend to change up against a wall as I find that easier than trying to find somewhere clean enough to lie down.

I do mine standing up, either leaning against a wall or using my underpants to hold it in place while I tape it up. Sides must be even or near enough, otherwise I end up with a leak out one side. Snug but not tight.

I put my diapers on either laying on my bed or standing up making sure that the front and back of the diaper is slightly higher then the front then I bring the bottom tape and slightly angle up and repeat on the left side top tapes I start on the right and pull the tapes and slightly angle them down and repeat on the left side of the diaper . I find I get a better fit while wearing.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

First I stretch the diaper lengthwise, then i fold it in half lengthwise and fluff it all up so when I set it down it is in a nice half circle shape, then i put it between my legs while standing and tape the left bottom tape tightly , then the right bottom .. I then grab the top fron and back and pull it up into my crotch and tap the top tapes where they land and fit the best .,, prep is the key to a good fit.

I find I get the best and fastest diapering by pretaping my diapers and pulling them up. Tapes are always straighter, flatter, more even, and exactly where they belong for optimal fit.

And since I always seem to be pressed for time in the morning, the last thing I want to have to deal with is mucking with tapes and either getting a bad fit I have to just deal with for the day, taking the time to stop and adjust (and possibly then a popping tape later in the day) or just plain abandoning an attempt and pulling another diaper off the stack. Sooooo much easier to just pull 'em on and run. Never having to worry about stressing a tape because it's not on straight and is getting stretched out on one side or the other, possibly leading to a tape break later in the day.

And I wonder why more people don't do this when having to change on the go? This really seems like the obvious solution to problems changing in public restrooms? No need to lean up against a stall wall etc.

Once you know where the tapes go (and at what angle), just put them there and set it aside. Also, giving them time to be stuck down before use seems to improve their holding power, as the tapes have time to allow the adhesive to "set" before being stressed. My avatar pic on the left, all those diapers are pretaped and have been bi-folded, so they even look better. It's just an all-around win?

I prefer to lay down so I can get a nice, even fit and line the tapes up so they're parallel to each other. Honestly, getting to the front and back to be level is hard not to mention, unimportant. However, evenly spaced tapes are vital and the diaper must be tight enough to where I can feel it on me, but loose enough to be comfortable.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I place the diaper on the edge of the bed, pull the left side tight against the inside of my leg, and pin it. Then I stand up to pin the right side. Often I find that the left side needs re-pinning to be snug enough, but I've gotten good at it after considerable practice. Then I put on my plastic panties.

I get the best fit when I'm standing against a wall, I tried lying down but then when I get up the fit is not the same. The only time I put it on lying down is when I will remain in bed for the night.

As for the tapes, I do like when the tapes are equally aligned, otherwise I can feel that the two sides are differently positioned.

Lie down or sit so my back is tilted a little. Then I'll get up and usually have to retape just because I didn't get it tight enough the first time.

I lay down on the floor, fasten the bottom two tapes, then stand up and fasten the top two.

First siting down on the diaper, then standing up to finish adjusting the tabs.

I lay down, pull up the sides, and tape them. I've never been good at doing it while standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back