A Good Outdoor Diaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbranbran

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My girlfriend was recently diagnosed with urinary incontinence. It's not a serious case of it and has gotten better; however, sometimes she does not make it to the bathroom in time.

She also knows about my AB/DL side and has tried AB diapers with me before, but we all know how puffy they can be. We are looking for good diapers that she can wear in public that will not leak and are not too bulky and noticeable. She doesn't want to be waddling when she goes grocery shopping.

We looked at Attends Active Slip, but we live in the US and they cost more due to overseas shipping.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe I should leave this to our IC users, but I'll give some input:

If its not too serious, I'm sure most store brands will suffice. Otherwise, I've worn Abena M4s in public before, and they aren't nearly as bulky as ABDL diapers, but you could cut that to M3 or M2 (or S or L, depending on her size) if discretion is a concern. I'd also recommend cloth backed for breathability and less crinkle.

1 worry more about the need of the absorbency over how thick it is, less people are looking then you think
2 if it really is something lite why not try some underwear or even a pad.
3 If she actually needs something at a diaper level find one that she finds comfortable then perhaps look for some baggier pants.

I would definitely recommend the Seni Quatro or the less absorbent Seni Super. I purchase mine from Xpmedical.

I used to wear the Abena M4 Air Plus exclusively on warmer days but the quality has diminished substantially that the Seni Super is still more superior.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molecule said:
I would definitely recommend the Seni Quatro or the less absorbent Seni Super. I purchase mine from Xpmedical.

I used to wear the Abena M4 Air Plus exclusively on warmer days but the quality has diminished substantially that the Seni Super is still more superior.

Good luck!

Thanks! I think we will give those a try. $100 for a 75/case. Not bad!

lalabran said:
Thanks! I think we will give those a try. $100 for a 75/case. Not bad!

The Super is a great starting point. It will easily handle a few wettings without leaking and give her confidence.

All the best!

Pull-on Underware, Seni, abena, Depends, tena all have more than capable of doing the job without the bulk

Seni super or the Quattro get another vote also just received the "new" molicare maxi and the super plus, the super plus version is blue cloth backed with Velcro tabs thin and quiet handles 2-3 accidents easily and the new maxi is what the old super plus used to be just blue and padding doesn't clump as easily

I absolutely rate the attends active slip:)

Abri-Form M3 Air Plus are a great warm weather/low bulk/quiet diaper. I've tried the Abri-Flex Pull-on M3, they don't fit dudes too well due to the low rise in front, but for your GF they might be perfect. Quiet, great absorbancy and low bulk. Just my $0.02

My recommendations:

Always Discrete maximum for women (off the shelf)
Tranquility ATN (thin plastic)

If she wants to continue trying to use the toilet whenever possible, I would reccommend either a belted diaper like Tena Flex, or large pads with tight-fitting briefs. These pads are basically just the padded part of the diaper without any side panels or tapes. Both types are easy to pull down/off to enable easy use of a toilet without ruining tapes. The belted diapers are better but they're more expensive. Pads are much cheaper than regular diapers, so it really depends on the quantity she needs, and her budget.

Pullups are not great for all-day use if she wears jeans or trousers, because you have to take the jeans off to change into a fresh pullup, and that can be really awkward in a public bathroom. If she is wearing skirts and dresses it's not such an issue.

I second the Always Discrete for a light incontinence issue. If she needs something a little more absorbent and does not mind AB diapers then I suggest ABU Preschools. I wear them for an OAB that will sometimes lead to urge incontinence problems. They pull up and down very nicely and the cloth back is very quite. They are not super thick and yet will absorb a great deal.

downtide said:
If she wants to continue trying to use the toilet whenever possible, I would reccommend either a belted diaper like Tena Flex, or large pads with tight-fitting briefs.

bambino magnifico with their velcro would be another great option. Especially for someone you want to introduce and impress on diapers - they're comfortable, good looking, durable, and good capacity. Bambino size a bit on the small side. though possibly a bit thicker than what she wants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back