Diaper hygiene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting out clean (no sweat or bacteria laden dirt) is so important if wearing for longer periods of time. As others have said, shaving helps post clean up, but may actually promote more sensitive skin to getting a rash as the hair is a natural way to move moisture (and the nasty stuff) away from your skin. So, if shaving, do use a good zinc based barrier cream. This will provide the skin the necessary protection as well as kill off a lot of the bacteria in that area. You know it works well when it requires a good washing with soap and water to get it off. Baby powder is nice feeling and smells good, but alone, it is not enough to really guard the skin. I like to spinkle a bit in my clean diaper and then a little over my barrier creamed area. Too much may interfere with the diapers ability to absorb quickly which could lead to leaks.

Downey935 said:
Also, if you use powder, use only a cornstarch based powder because talc can contain traces of asbestos. Especially dangerous for women.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I can't stand cornstarch powder.... it just seems to get EVERYWHERE you don't want it to be, like the front of the diaper before you've taped it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back