Does anyone remember what they usually wore as a baby or toddler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sory sorry to long ago

bambinod said:
Well you certainly got a nice sample of the "big three" (luvs, huggies, pampers)
Just asking, when did those Huggies Kleanex diapers come out. Because I wore the almost the same thing in 98, 99, and 00.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

BabyMax2000 said:
Just asking, when did those Huggies Kleanex diapers come out. Because I wore the almost the same thing in 98, 99, and 00.

1989, I think it was.

Ian16545 said:
1989, I think it was.
To how long, 1989 to what?

I believe Huggies and Pampers both came out in the late 1960's.

Guaranteed cloth and plastic pants. '62 -'65

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Pampers is what I mainly remember wearing. Particularly the ones with prints similar to the SDKs today.

I wore Huggies Baby Steps and Ultratrim from when I was born in 1997 through 1999. In 2000 I was wearing Huggies pull-ups on and off because I refused to train until much later. There were times that I did wear Pampers when prices for a pack of Pampers were less than Huggies, but these instances are rare (From what my mother told me on the subject).

As such, My ideal diaper would be a generic white adult cloth-like brief (preferably with one large 3M tape style tab per side) with Pamperchu's printable custom adult Huggies landing zone modded with packing tape on the front (1990s Huggies edition). I am fascinated with the Huggies brand over Pampers as it was the brand I grew up with, however I remember (if I do correctly) that Huggies in my time was more cloth-like than Pampers. The packs of Pampers still had plastic backing on them and although Huggies crinkled and rustled a little I think that it wasn't as noticeable as the Pampers.

Reactions: T3guuM44
BabyMax2000 said:
To how long, 1989 to what?

Those lasted for about 2 years before switching to the Storytime designs, IIRC.

Ian16545 said:
Those lasted for about 2 years before switching to the Storytime designs, IIRC.

Storytime designs... I remember my mom saying something about me wearing diapers with book designs on them. Did Huggies have those? This would have been sometime between when I was born in very late 1992, to maybe very late 1994 or early 1995.

Disposables didn't go big time until around '70-'71 they existed but weren't really popular.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Cloth for the first 6 months of my life, until my mother realized how much work that was.
So she switched to Huggies, and occasionally Luvs. Both plastic-backed as any good diaper should be.

From what I recall and from what was left behind for my younger sibling my family has generally been a Huggies family even up to the training pants.

A lot of mothers used a diaper service for cleaning cloth diapers for their babies.

The diaper service would come around once or twice a week and pick up a bag (or two or three) of used cloth diapers and deliver a set of freshly cleaned diapers for the following week.

My mom used a diaper service for both myself and my sister. Mom rarely would clean diapers herself.

I had a teacher in school who worked for a diaper service he had a truck load of dirty diapers when the thruway turned into a parking lot because people abandoned there cars were they were to get to WOODSTOCK, so he spent days getting high , listening to music and at night he slept with the dirty diapers as a bed ,i can only imagind what a truckload of dirty diapers in the summer sun smelled like after 4 days ,need i say it was probably less than pleasant .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back