Does anyone remember what they usually wore as a baby or toddler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luvs and Huggies. As a 1980's baby, these were the THICK kind!!!!

I don't know for certain what I wore as a late 90's baby from SUPER early on, although I suspect it was Huggies based on some stuff I've found kept as momentos at my grandparents house.

But, I do know for absolute certain that I wore the old Barney print Luvs at least until I outgrew the largest L/XL size, at nighttime only, for a long while.

I potty trained super early in the daytime, but I have clear memories (and actually, family videos) of me going to bed wearing the Luvs under my pjs at night for a long while, especially on family outings to our lake house--for whatever reason.

It's annoying as hell, because I've seen loads of home videos from when we were at the lake where I was about 4-5ish, and clearly have a diaper on in 99% of the clips where I have pjs on, but I've never been able to remember the actual act of having one on.

Pampers

Target, they used to have its own brand in the '90s called Babies Favorites.

BJ's brand generics, cloth backed I'm pretty sure. I only know because my parents used to keep the boxes around to store Christmas ornaments. I do remember wearing Pull-Ups, as well, but I can't remember the characters or pattern.

I remember being in Luvs plastic backed. In my older years I wore washable trainers pants for overnight.

Anyone have any idea what a baby wearing disposables in 1997 might have been wearing? I'm talking brand. If you got a picture you can show I'd love to see it. :)))

I'm thinking mostly Pampers. I still somewhat remember the Pampers commercial about 'fishing with the guys, you need dryness to spare, you need Pampers.' I wish that I could find that ad on YouTube.

I don't remember what I wore as a baby but I mostly wear GoodNites when I was a kid when I was having bedwetting problems.
I remember wearing them at the time when the first boy design came out which is the BMX kind in 2004. I was 6 years old at the time.
In 2008, I remember wearing the soccer design GoodNites when I was 10 years old.

for me it was Pampers and the reason I know is the changing table my mom used had a direct view to my closet so I could see the box, god that shows my age, but it was about 1977-78 and they came in a box back then.

IMG_0128.jpg
BabyLink9 said:
Anyone have any idea what a baby wearing disposables in 1997 might have been wearing? I'm talking brand. If you got a picture you can show I'd love to see it. :)))

It took me a while to find a picture, but I vividly remember babysitting when I was 12-13 and that's when Pampers came out with the original Baby-Dry. I think they may have had the Premiums in the United States around that time, but unless you parents had money to burn I'd bet the house they didn't use them.

Disposables were just coming out when I was a baby/toddler, so I was put into the standard cloth diaper with plastic pants. I am going on this assumption from photos taken of me at the time. I have a photo where I was wearing a plaid overall set. Would love to replicate that someday.

For me yep it was pampers for the lonest time. And when when I found super Dry kids it was pampers all over for me again

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

My second go around in diapers (when I started my dl journey) was pampers size 5 stretch. They were great, about a year later is when size six came out, I wore pampers until they went to there hybrid cloth / plastic cover...if anyone could remember those, they had the plastic wings and tapes, plastic front cover with characters but cloth like cover over the core or main absorbent part of the diaper, I switched to luvs size 6 wore those until I couldn't fit in them, I was around 14-15 yrs old. So at least I got another 4 years of wearing baby diapers.

You're lucky. Pampers Size 6 came out when I was 15 years old. While I was able to fit in them, it was tight (and I was skinny and fit). Goodnites L and XL came out and they were nice, but still not as nice as a plastic baby diaper. A year later or so, I discovered Attends and Molicares, and I was in heaven. Too bad my parents threw out hundreds of dollars worth of those...I could make a fortune if I still had those today, lol.

I wore cloth diapers and rubber pants. I don't know what brand the rubber pants were, but I remember that they came in a cardboard tube and were scented. I loved that smell.

I'm pretty sure I wore pampers when I was a toddler and I've seen pictures of me in just a diaper and t-shirt. I wore diapers during the day until I was 6 years old and I remember wearing pants by that time over them. Now I prefer just a t-shirt and diaper as well.

tall2826 said:
I'm pretty sure I wore pampers when I was a toddler and I've seen pictures of me in just a diaper and t-shirt. I wore diapers during the day until I was 6 years old and I remember wearing pants by that time over them. Now I prefer just a t-shirt and diaper as well.

Best weekend lounging wear: thick all-white (or mostly white) diaper, white t-shirt, and white socks. (I'd like to see a white ABU N Chill tshirt!)

I'm pretty sure I wore pampers, I was toilet trained a littler later than most people and I know my parents kept a packet of nappies in my wardrobe for a while afterwards they were the plastic backed type and were also gender specific of the early 90’s

Pampers 92' Baby

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back