Is this real? I've been looking every were for these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
So I've been looking for these diapers for a very long time. Diaper Drawer is claiming that they have ABU Cushies V1 in stock. (The breathable cloth backed version) Here is the link.

https://store-nrqsocxel3.mybigcommerce.com/login.php?action=account_created

Has anyone ordered these? Is this real?!? If it is I'd order them instantly. I've always wanted to try these ever sense I learned Adult Baby diapers have been made.

Sorry for the double posting BTW I saw these and got real excited.

Last edited:
The site is real. I ordered some of their Thick 'n Thirsty. Just remember that they come from Canada, so shipping's a bit expensive and slow.

But they actually gave cushies v1? How is that possible?

Old stock. There's a few places that have them. Most people think the new ones are better, and for those who like cloth backed, there's Preschool. There's just not enough demand for what's now considered an inferior product.

NovaDL said:
Old stock. There's a few places that have them. Most people think the new ones are better, and for those who like cloth backed, there's Preschool. There's just not enough demand for what's now considered an inferior product.

I know about preschool. That's what I use currently. I don't like the adhesive tapes on the preschool though. I heard about how these have Velcro tapes and many people that have mentioned them said the old cushies said they were fine.

I've always been extremely curious to try these. If they are old stock not in production anymore. I have to get a pack.

The original Cushies were completely plastic. They didn't have cloth-like ones until after they started making v2.
Are these perhaps generic ones or old stock that wasn't sold?

BabyLink9 said:
But they actually gave cushies v1? How is that possible?

Because china.

The manufacturers over there still have the pattern for making them, even if ABU isn't ordering them anymore. The cutting dies have already been paid for and made, and are sitting collecting dust. So this puts them near the top of the "knockoff" list. They'll make a run of them for anyone that is willing to pay for them. (and possibly pay a little extra for some added headache / legal exposure should the IP owner come after them) But the saved cost of R&D probably makes them very cheap so there's good margin to be had to cover for such events.

Cushies started as plastic backed and then they made a cloth backed variant. From what I remember the tapes and landing zone were a velcro like system. My experience with them from what I do remember was mediocre. They are a single tape diaper with no front or rear waistband elastic so the fit leaves a lot to be desired. I think I still have some stashed away. I'll try to dig them out later and take some pics so you can compare them to those on the site.

From what I can tell in the picture, those are the cushies cloth backed. If you zoom in you can see the distinctive cross hatch pattern they had on the diaper due to the way they wove the cloth layer. As for whether or not they're the first V1 or not there's no way to tell for sure without ordering some. I believe they had a second run prior to the company going to the crapper. Not much changed between the two runs but the second run had problems with the cloth layer ripping at the leg gathers at least in the run I had.

The cloth backed ones are available through rearz in Canada ordered a bag about a month ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back