Airports 2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes thousands of people have, just search airport on the forum.

I've worn through security wet and dry and never had an issue. I've had diapers in my carry on and in my checked luggage many times and never had an issue.

Went through security on both the US and in Madrid in the last few days in a Northshore Supreme (soaked) in the case of Madrid, and never got so much as a second glance. And my carry-on was full of diapers. You'll be fine. If flying in the US or UK, where they use the body-scanners, I highly recommend that you're dry. If you're soaked, you could be pulled aside for extra screening, as I have been many times, which can be quite embarrassing. I fly over 125,000 miles a year, and have never had an issue with dry diapers!

bambinobaby said:
Went through security on both the US and in Madrid in the last few days in a Northshore Supreme (soaked) in the case of Madrid, and never got so much as a second glance. And my carry-on was full of diapers. You'll be fine. If flying in the US or UK, where they use the body-scanners, I highly recommend that you're dry. If you're soaked, you could be pulled aside for extra screening, as I have been many times, which can be quite embarrassing. I fly over 125,000 miles a year, and have never had an issue with dry diapers!

Yep I will agree with this one as well as several above. I've been patted down in diapers, scanned, everything. I've even packed Bambino diapers in my carry-on and had them seen by security. Trust me...sometimes it's more embarrassing for them than for you.

The biggest reason to stay dry through security is that if you're wet, some scans will reflect off the wetness and make you look suspicious. Then you will have a crotch pat down. However, before they do, just say you are wearing an incontinence product due to a medical condition and it's no big deal. I have never been taken into a room and forced to strip.

Obviously, international travel is more sensitive but you will be fine. Enjoy flying diapered. One less trip to the nasty bathroom [emoji204]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I flew out today and made it through security no problem. I got a bit of a smirk from the bagage X-ray operator but it's hard to say what that was about.

Amsterdam Schiphol airport is a Diaper wearers best friend . Istanbul Airport Pharmacy does carry adult diapers. Miami Airport in the early 90's carried the old green backed Depends fitted briefs in a 6 pack both regular and Overnight ones in the 3 sizes Small Medium and Large. London Heathrow Terminal where KLM flies out of there is a pharmacy there that carries or did carry adult diapers too. I wish they would put in vending machines in the bathrooms for us Adult diaper wearers would be nice eh?

xpluswearer said:
Amsterdam Schiphol airport is a Diaper wearers best friend .

Curious why you say that? It's a great airport (very well laid out) but how is it any more diaper friendly than any other airport?

DLPJ said:
I got a bit of a smirk from the bagage X-ray operator but it's hard to say what that was about.
Diapers don't really show up on x-ray, so I doubt it was that.

blob said:
Curious why you say that? It's a great airport (very well laid out) but how is it any more diaper friendly than any other airport?
It has the best restroom for us at the end of the Pier F Under the Hotel Mecure and Cafe Amsterdam it has a locking door for privacy and has a huge trash can usually with a disinfectant slurry at the bottom of the can so even if the can is full which is rare the room will never smell like a toilet. Its so large that a wheelchair could do donuts/figure 8's in there - I am not in a wheelchair however I could envision someone doing that in that bathroom. Also it does have a onsite medical facility too that is on the second level between the two KLM World Business Class Clubs. However if you really did do damage with a BM at the hotel upstairs they do offer showers for a small price . You will not find a better airport in the world for us Incontinent folks Gotta love the what it seems like a 4 mile hike to end of the D Pier on the second level. once you are there its like a ghost town until your check in people are ready to take you downstairs for boarding . And of course that lady on the overhead saying this Your Attention Please Passenger You are delaying your flight Immediate boarding please at gate E 3 and the Attension Austeoubeuf too and the Let Au Aufostep at the end of the moving walkways too .

I agree that Amsterdam Schiphol is the world best International airport however it recently got a ding from me by them installing US type cattle checkpoints at the end of Pier E and F which means that if you like planes like I do you cannot freely walk down to the end of the piers and watch take offs and landings in bad weather - I know they have the observation deck on second level when its raining or bitter cold it is a mood killer you know .

I do say at Cafe Amsterdam they do have a excellent Breakfast. My heart just sank just found out that restaurant is closed for business KRAP!

DLPJ said:
I have only worn out in public a few times and would not dream of creating a situation where other would be uncomfortable (wet spots or odors in a small plane) or inconvenienced. That being said dry diapers would be the only choice for me, seeing that I have that option. Wearing would how ever take the monotony out of an otherwise boring trip don't you think?

If you wear for fun , and don't do it often , you will show signs of unease or anxiety , that they look for to give you special attention ( putting you thru the nudes cope, plus pat down, then to private room for a more in depth search )so you may be asking for trouble .

The funny thing about this is none of these measures would have stopped any of the conspirators on 9/11 or the shoe bomber , the underwear bomber , the laptop bomber because all of these mopes was just fine with dying for there actions and taking hundreds with them . They felt confident there God would approve and reward them (some with 77 virgins , man if you are that sex starved hire a hooker ,they know how to get you off ) , I am not a conspiracy theorist however I believe the whole TSA thing is a just a shot at taking away rights in the name of security, every time something happens more of your rights are eroded ,and people willingly go for it.

On top of that it shows terrorism has already won , because the object of terrorism is to scare you , to make you alter the way you do things and make you second guess what you do , when you do it , so all of the TSA efforts just scream you're scarring us into exactly what you want , us living in fear , giving up the things this country was founded on , so eventually this country will be as disgusting and restrictive as the one they live in .

Anyway like I say if you radiate unease you will be volunteering for special attention , put your diaper in your bag don't think anything about it and pad up once through security. Also if you are traveling out side the country they have stepped up enforcement on cell phones and computers, if they ask you must give them all passwords to your computer and access to your social media accounts, these are warrantless searches that you agree to by crossing the border , even if it's only to Canada or Mexico, if you refuse they will seize your device and you will probably never see it again , plus giving them polite access to your life ,keeps them from completely violating you on the down low , manufacturers have been turning a blind eye to government adding back doors into your devices before they are made ,by inserting these hidden programs on the storage media before assembly .of course Apple has resisted this , so after San Bernardino they spent billions of dollars learning how to Crack an apple product , and once they did it they dropped the lawsuit against Apple, there is a "private company" contracted to the NSA and other foreign intelligence agencies dedicated to finding data hacks to every new update to programs and operating system upgrades .although it's getting easier to hack devices due to bio metric security weakness the Samsung s8 and s8 + will unlock if shown a picture of you from another device , and using a series of computer generated finger prints they have been able to unlock 40% of devices , within 2 years the fingerprint sensor will be 100% useless as security , so please if you use any of these banking services that you can pay with your phone use a good old fashioned password for more security, if your phone is stolen the bank is not responsible for what happens in your account, if you have the funds anyone using your phone can buy a anything and your on the hook for it ,in the "terms and conditions" of your phone purchase you also agree to settle any disputes through arbitration unless you "opt out" with a letter to Samsung within thirty days, they don't put that in the regular print because Samsung appoints arbitrators friendly to them,so arbitration keeps costs down, because you can't sue them , even if you have horrible burn injuries from your note 7 , the most you will get from arbitration is your money back ,so start writing your letter now and just insert the phones info when you get it then send it certified return receipt because they are also not responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
Didn't mean to get so far off track but I am here now.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

irnub said:
Diapers don't really show up on x-ray, so I doubt it was that.

Actually, apparently they do. Had similar experiences.

I have travelled many times in diapers and plastic pants, carried spares in my carry-on baggage and checked baggage without any trouble. Changing in an aircraft lavatory is challenging but doablek

I travel quite often. When I go through airport security, I simply ask to talk to the TSA personnel off to the side. I mention I'm medically incontinent and have to wear protection​ and it may show on the x-ray. Every time, they've been super helpful and understanding. I've never had an issue with it. I have a few extra diapers in my carry on backpack as well as stock my suitcase depending on how long the trip will be. Never had an issue.

These guys see thousands of people every day with assorted medical needs and are just people themselves. They tend to be really kind with issues like this.

There are horror stories out there and we've all heard em. But 90% of the time, they're just doing their job. Giving them a heads up usually goes a long way to expediting the process.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I was given a pat down travelling from a regional airport in the UK this morning. I wasn't particularly comfortable as it felt much more thorough than the usual cursory inspection. I could tell that the bulk between my legs (pull ups) had attracted the agent's attention. At the end of the pat down the agent politely asked me in a low voice what I was wearing (I cannot remember the precise wording he used). I replied "incontinence pants". I'm not sure who was more embarassed but no more was said. Whilst I didn't like the intensity of the pat down, the agent had a job to do and once I had explained the anomaly he didn't make a fuss. Wearing pull ups this is an occupational hazard but as it is only the second time it has been spotted it comes as somewhat of a shock. My carry on bag with a weeks worth of supplies didn't even get a mention. T3ddy

I've been through airport security wearing a dry Abena L4 diaper. It was actually my first and only time I've went through security while padded, but it went pretty smoothly. The only thing is that it was a warm day so I guess I started sweating a little bit on my extreme lower back, under the top of the back of my diaper. It showed up on the body scanner and they had to do a pat down in that area. Nothing was said and I was allowed through.

Got patted down in Beijing twice in the last week in ABU Space diapers and nothing was said. Surprisingly, got patted down by a female officer, who was pretty hot (I'm a male)...didn't mind that pat-down ;) That said, I probably went through airport security 10 times in the last 2 weeks, and never had an issue other than the pat-downs (thankfully). And I always had a carry-on full of diapers with me.

bambinobaby said:
And I always had a carry-on full of diapers with me.

Why wouldn't you check your suitcase of diapers? Or did you mean you had a well-supplied diaper bag as carry-on for changes during the flight?

I was thinking more on that also - the trash can in most airplane lavatories is pretty small. I'd imagine by the time any long flight gets where it's going, (considering the uptick in non-IC people diapering up for long flights) the trash can would be pretty full with used diapers? Do those that fly a lot notice diapers in the lavatory trash cans much?

I typically diaper up thick enough so I don't have to change in the airplane lavatories if I can help it. Also, checked bags and waiting for them are so 1990's. See this scene from Up in the Air with George Clooney: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnNyUGhXTsw

blob said:
Yes thousands of people have, just search airport on the forum. I've worn through security wet and dry and never had an issue. I've had diapers in my carry on and in my checked luggage many times and never had an issue.

Agreed. I'm IC and never had an issue with dry or extremely wet diapers. I carry diapers in my backpack, which has been searched many times, in my carry on bag and in checked bags. No need to worry. As already mentioned, if you don't wear diapers very often and your discomfort shows, you are just asking for scrutiny.

Spaz said:
Agreed. I'm IC and never had an issue with dry or extremely wet diapers. I carry diapers in my backpack, which has been searched many times, in my carry on bag and in checked bags. No need to worry. As already mentioned, if you don't wear diapers very often and your discomfort shows, you are just asking for scrutiny.

Seconded. Or is it thirded by now....

Slomo said:
Seconded. Or is it thirded by now....

We have a second...all those in favor say aye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back