Abu Turning 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! Kiddos! I've wanted to try those! But the shipping for them is soooo pricey even inside Europe, because I live in such a remote area.
Now that ABU has those, more resellers will have them and I can GET THEM :D haa!

Yuri said:
All I want is something reminiscent of modern baby diapers  I just feel like they will never hear us on this. They already took away the one product that resembled modern baby diapers (cloth backed cushies). There's not ONE single tape cloth backed diaper. Sorry to complain but there are no products in the ABDL world that ever appeal to me. I don't like plastic backed and I don't want double tape. Also don't like the all-over repeated designs. I like the sort of unique designs pampers has. Maybe in a galaxy far, far away...

1. Casey works for us.

2. He's listening to us.

3. Things take time. He's basically waiting on machinery that can do what we're asking it too, for an adult. He's working on it though.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
1. Casey works for us.

2. He's listening to us.

3. Things take time. He's basically waiting on machinery that can do what we're asking it too, for an adult. He's working on it though.

WHO DOES NUMBER TWO WORK FOR?? Wait. Huh?

I'll just be over here in the corner playing with my legos.

;)

-Casey.

Im actually waiting for some international shipping. This is all i want...

klo555 said:
WHO DOES NUMBER TWO WORK FOR?? Wait. Huh?

I'll just be over here in the corner playing with my legos.

;)

-Casey.

Hey Casey, any chance you could give us any hints as to what you guys are making? Hope it's an Abu preschool 2.0 with Velcro tapes ;)

Luier said:
Im actually waiting for some international shipping. This is all i want...

Howdy! We have international shipping - Where are you located that might be cost prohibitive for us to ship to?

klo555 said:

Sorry my OCD has left me bursting at the seams to know, the Kiddo 2.0 is this going to be the same size/shape/dimensions as your SDKs/Cushies/Lavender making it the 4th option in your Vintage 2 tape range?

I remember reading the Kiddo v.1 ran a bit smaller than ABUs Vintage so I imagine has a different fit.

RJDodger said:
Actual pictures have yet to be released, but you can sort of get an idea of what they'll look like from the pics on their Twitter:

C-DOS4jV0AA6S8K.jpg:large

C-DNHhmVoAAm4sH.jpg:large
I'm so excited that they acquired the Kiddo diapers! I've wanted a case forever.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Chanch0 said:
ABU announced that they're gonna be selling kiddo diapers now, which is something I'm really excited about. The designs on the kiddos in the past have always reminded me of a modern baby diaper. Not sure if they're 1 or 2 tape, but they look great
37407b4f7313654c30bab37ad68c0bcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The design is definitely better. But it's plastic backed and the general adult diaper shape that's very medical looking. I know I'm asking for a lot compared to what is currently available. I just don't see advancement being made in this direction which is what makes me sad. It's always plastic backed with designs that don't match what is on the market today. No leg cuffs. No front ears. No stretch tabs. No stretch waist band (most of the time). No absorbent channels (I know these are very new and probably patented so I don't expect them). NO CLOTH BACKSHEET. PERIOD. And the one product that had this is gone which is what worries me and tells me that this isn't a goal of anybody.

All these details are what matter to me in making it resemble a modern baby diaper. Just little details like size numbers on the diaper would make a big difference. If just the PRINTED DESIGNS could try to resemble what we see today that would be a huge deal. And frankly I don't understand why we don't see that.

Like this:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...page/B00DDMIP0E_pampers_201306206_4627_lg.jpg

It's really hard to describe with just typing words. But see the lined design at top of the diaper? Then the zigzags going around the diaper? And my favorite: the lines going around the leg cuffs. All those design elements are something I want to see.

Again, I AM sorry to complain. But it feels like nobody/nothing in this world (which is ALREADY a very isolated world) relates to me or what I would like to see. Modern. Baby. Diapers. For. Bigger. People.

Yuri out ✌🏻 🙂😳

Yuri said:

I've gotten this lecture before. The reason we don't see diapers like that is pretty much the same reason that we don't see training pants-style pullups. Basically, the machinery for that specific design doesn't exist, and its such a niche market in the larger scheme that it isn't practical to start it up. ABDL diapers are manufactured on the same equipment as medical diapers, hence why they're so similar.

ABU in particular sells on nostalgia. Super Dry Kids are meant to look like old-school Pampers.

RJDodger said:
I've gotten this lecture before. The reason we don't see diapers like that is pretty much the same reason that we don't see training pants-style pullups. Basically, the machinery for that specific design doesn't exist, and its such a niche market in the larger scheme that it isn't practical to start it up. ABDL diapers are manufactured on the same equipment as medical diapers, hence why they're so similar.

ABU in particular sells on nostalgia. Super Dry Kids are meant to look like old-school Pampers.
+1 on this. Plus, for those of us who are medically incon and need the medical style diaper but want a neat look, just having an option to purchase something like this is a godsend.

Fenrir said:
+1 on this. Plus, for those of us who are medically incon and need the medical style diaper but want a neat look, just having an option to purchase something like this is a godsend.

I understand that and I know they use existing machines. My point is that it doesn't look like it's moving in that direction at all There's absolutely no reason we can't have a design printed on that resembles pampers (or any MODERN diaper) while changing a few things to avoid copyright issues. And why was the one product (cloth cushies) that was close to this abandoned? We don't have any cloth backed abdl diapers (I'm sorry I don't count preschool, because again it looks nothing like a modern diaper and it has 4 tapes).

Yuri said:
I understand that and I know they use existing machines. My point is that it doesn't look like it's moving in that direction at all There's absolutely no reason we can't have a design printed on that resembles pampers (or any MODERN diaper) while changing a few things to avoid copyright issues. And why was the one product (cloth cushies) that was close to this abandoned? We don't have any cloth backed abdl diapers (I'm sorry I don't count preschool, because again it looks nothing like a modern diaper and it has 4 tapes).
Well. Considering that adults have some major differences with body build vs babies. It's a bit rough to design a baby cut diaper for adults. On top of that, you're exactly right. They can print anything they choose. But if the market demand isn't there, they have zero reason to go anywhere near a copyrighted design.

And as someone who has no choice but to wear 24/7, lemme clue you in. Your average cloth diaper sucks. All but the most expensive ones will bunch, leak, and tear at the fasteners. And they can be just as uncomfortable and hot as plastic backed when worn. Also, mooooost baby diapers in cloth backed... Are plastic. They overlay a cloth back over a plastic shell. Because no one wants to smell Jr leaking through his totally cloth diaper 10 miles out from the nearest rest stop. Want a totally cloth adult diaper? Go for Depends. But, we all know how well those work.

The companies that currently exist are still here because of market demand. And we're an extremely niche market. Like I said earlier, the fact that I can even buy a diaper with an awesome print is a godsend.

I see where you are coming from and trust me, I get it. However, undertaking a task for these companies is exorbitantly expensive. Especially when they do take that chance and only a select few buy into it. I'm not saying settle and I'm not saying give up. Do try to look at it from their perspective. These companies exist because folks in a market that's already infinitesimally niche compared to others are willing to purchase. And they've gotten leaps and bounds better over time. For good business, form will always follow function. And they have an overhead to manage.

The market for a high end cloth diaper is there. The more time these companies have to build and ensure a set standard of quality, perhaps we'll see more designs in that area. For now, they've got to ride the wave of supply and demand. Just like any other business.

Last edited:
The new ABU Kiddos are just going to be like SDKs but with a Kiddo design which is a little bit annoying for some, personally I've never tried Kiddo and I stand by ABU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klo555 said:
Howdy! We have international shipping - Where are you located that might be cost prohibitive for us to ship to?

Poland. I know that you ship everything to europe using NappiesRus site but i actually didn't found Poland in International Shipping (information section at the down of the site.)
There is no rush. I'm only asking about that for future.

CookieMonstah said:
The new ABU Kiddos are just going to be like SDKs but with a Kiddo design which is a little bit annoying for some, personally I've never tried Kiddo and I stand by ABU

This is my hope that the Kiddo 2.0 is the Kiddo design on the current Vintage base. Dying for confirmation on this.

Argent said:
This is my hope that the Kiddo 2.0 is the Kiddo design on the current Vintage base. Dying for confirmation on this.

Kiddo 2.0 will be the same vintage cut as our other ABU products, but will have a front and back waistband instead of just the back.

I've never tried Kiddo and probably wouldn't have done unless something this happened so I'll probably try them at some point

Fenrir said:
Well. Considering that adults have some major differences with body build vs babies. It's a bit rough to design a baby cut diaper for adults. On top of that, you're exactly right.
I use to think the same thing but now I don't think it would be that difficult at all.
Think about it from this angle, I use to fit into a size 6 diaper at age 14, this was before the stretchy sides of todays baby diapers, these diapers were the last generation plastic backed luvs, and the hybrid pampers (plastic tape panel, cloth like cover for the diaper itself)
I grew out of those, but I never had any leaks due to cut, it was a capacity thing with me. Fast forward to age 26 or so and although I was wearing adult diaper one and off, I did retry luvs, these had the 1st generation of stretchy sides, had blues clues on the tape panel. They stretched to fit, they obviously had a lower cut but I still had descent coverage, no gaps due to cut and didn't even hold half a pee.
Now today what I'm seeing is a basic template of measurements of what the guts of an adult diaper should be, most are designed to have the tapes fasten around the hips and although some of us can due to body size have that classic belly button landing area for the front top sheet, they are designed to come up just a few inches higher than regular underwear.
A few simple changes of adding length, a few elastics and stretchy sides and you have a diaper that will look like a babies, move / wick / sag in the right spots while not falling to far below the belly button, and stay in the small of your back, plus hold an adults worth of wetting. The new bambino's come pretty dam close to hitting this, there just 1-2" short in length and the tapes are designed to be pulled straight across, if someone who had an auto cad 3d program could design a single wide tape, say the size of a sdk than then using elastics to create an even pull on the top and bottom of the tape mount they would hit the nail on the head, think of a triangle, you pull the v and the top 2 lines in the v move equally with equal tension, the elastic helps adjust for different body shapes.

klo555 said:
Kiddo 2.0 will be the same vintage cut as our other ABU products, but will have a front and back waistband instead of just the back.

This is excellent news! Looking forward to their arrival down under!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back