Abu Turning 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABU just continues to impress me. Their web page is just loaded with so many wonderful things, and they just keep adding more. Though the "april 22 announcement" still being on the top of the page four days later is a little dated ;)

Keep up the good work!

bambinod said:
ABU just continues to impress me. Their web page is just loaded with so many wonderful things, and they just keep adding more. Though the "april 22 announcement" still being on the top of the page four days later is a little dated ;)

Keep up the good work!

I have removed the offending graphic ;)

pampers4U said:
I use to think the same thing but now I don't think it would be that difficult at all.
Think about it from this angle, I use to fit into a size 6 diaper at age 14, this was before the stretchy sides of todays baby diapers, these diapers were the last generation plastic backed luvs, and the hybrid pampers (plastic tape panel, cloth like cover for the diaper itself)
I grew out of those, but I never had any leaks due to cut, it was a capacity thing with me. Fast forward to age 26 or so and although I was wearing adult diaper one and off, I did retry luvs, these had the 1st generation of stretchy sides, had blues clues on the tape panel. They stretched to fit, they obviously had a lower cut but I still had descent coverage, no gaps due to cut and didn't even hold half a pee.
Now today what I'm seeing is a basic template of measurements of what the guts of an adult diaper should be, most are designed to have the tapes fasten around the hips and although some of us can due to body size have that classic belly button landing area for the front top sheet, they are designed to come up just a few inches higher than regular underwear.
A few simple changes of adding length, a few elastics and stretchy sides and you have a diaper that will look like a babies, move / wick / sag in the right spots while not falling to far below the belly button, and stay in the small of your back, plus hold an adults worth of wetting. The new bambino's come pretty dam close to hitting this, there just 1-2" short in length and the tapes are designed to be pulled straight across, if someone who had an auto cad 3d program could design a single wide tape, say the size of a sdk than then using elastics to create an even pull on the top and bottom of the tape mount they would hit the nail on the head, think of a triangle, you pull the v and the top 2 lines in the v move equally with equal tension, the elastic helps adjust for different body shapes.

Yes! Thank you!! I can put on Pampers Baby Dry Size 6 and they don't leak at all. They're just too short and narrow obviously. There's no reason we can't have the same template.

ABU had a restock recently. Unforunately, everything in the Medium size besides Preschools and Lavenders are only available in 40 or 80 count cases. I wanted to get just a 10-pack before I went home, but I guess I'm Sierra Oscar Lima.

klo555 said:
Kiddo 2.0 will be the same vintage cut as our other ABU products, but will have a front and back waistband instead of just the back.

Oh yeah just thought of more questions!

1. So I finally got myself some Lavenders of the scented variety a couple of weeks ago (original batch to Australia were unscented only) and am very impressed, are you considering doing the same with SDKs/Cushies/Kiddo making them with inbuilt baby scent?

2. Now that you are building vintage style diapers with rear and front elastic waist bands is a homage for 90s Huggies for Her pink plastic backed a possibility?

3. Not that you should change the SDK from 2.0 in anyway but are you thinking about a version 3.0 Cushies and/or a 2.0 Lavender with the front waist band as well?

RJDodger said:
ABU had a restock recently. Unforunately, everything in the Medium size besides Preschools and Lavenders are only available in 40 or 80 count cases. I wanted to get just a 10-pack before I went home, but I guess I'm Sierra Oscar Lima.

Fresh off the dock I'm sure they're only in cases. It'll take their warehouse crew a few days at least to build up a stock of repacked smaller quantities.

Besides... cases last a lot longer and are cheaper by the piece anyway ;) And if you've never ordered diapers in case quantity before, you're not likely to forget your first case of diapers either. "soooo many diapers!"

bambinod said:
Fresh off the dock I'm sure they're only in cases. It'll take their warehouse crew a few days at least to build up a stock of repacked smaller quantities.

Besides... cases last a lot longer and are cheaper by the piece anyway ;) And if you've never ordered diapers in case quantity before, you're not likely to forget your first case of diapers either. "soooo many diapers!"

Its part of their clearance sale for their stock with faulty tapes. So they won't have regular quantities in stock until its cleared out.

Here's the thing: I'm still living with my parents for the summer. Which means I don't get to wear too often, and I don't go through diapers very fast anyways. I can't possibly keep 40 diapers hidden, or get through that many anyways. My plan was to just get a pack of 10 to wear at my leisure when the opportunity arose over the course of the summer, maybe a couple samples to have some variety. Maybe I'll cave and get a case anyways (because LittlePawz are just so comfy), but I'm not looking forward to dropping 60 dollars on diapers.

Argent said:
Oh yeah just thought of more questions!

1. So I finally got myself some Lavenders of the scented variety a couple of weeks ago (original batch to Australia were unscented only) and am very impressed, are you considering doing the same with SDKs/Cushies/Kiddo making them with inbuilt baby scent?

2. Now that you are building vintage style diapers with rear and front elastic waist bands is a homage for 90s Huggies for Her pink plastic backed a possibility?

3. Not that you should change the SDK from 2.0 in anyway but are you thinking about a version 3.0 Cushies and/or a 2.0 Lavender with the front waist band as well?

1.) No.
2.) Yes.
3.) Yes.

Argent said:

Oh man I would love this. I love anything pink, especially diapers, so it is my one disappointment in ABU that they don't have a truly pink diaper. Lavenders don't really do it for me.

klo555 said:

Pinch me I must be dreaming!

I do appreciate possible rather than planned and imminent are 2 different things but boy oh boy pastel pink in a vintage style is a dream... Somone quick the art done for a taping panel!

RJDodger said:
Oh man I would love this. I love anything pink, especially diapers, so it is my one disappointment in ABU that they don't have a truly pink diaper. Lavenders don't really do it for me.

Yes!

i like this style

Sent from my SM-P555Y using Tapatalk

Argent said:

You can get bottles of "mommyscent" off ebay for about $10/bottle. I got a few to check out - they're quite potent. I'd ask what ABU uses, but I'm sure that's a trade secret.

bambinod said:
You can get bottles of "mommyscent" off ebay for about $10/bottle. I got a few to check out - they're quite potent. I'd ask what ABU uses, but I'm sure that's a trade secret.

Thank you mate, never really looked at (smelled at?) baby scents before since I often use a scented cornstarch powder but haven't ever needed it for ABU Vintage style and since they have become my staple I have fallen a bit out of powder habit.

For me ABU are like the people that make Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, they make magic and it's best not to have the magic spoiled by having the tricks revealed :)

Argent said:
For me ABU are like the people that make Star Wars and Lord of the Rings...

I'm sorry you feel that way about ABU. They do make really good products, unlike your examples. There hasn't been a good Star Wars film in almost 35 years and no one wants to watch some whiny, weak, arrogant, "hero" do nothing but walk for three hours and die for 20 minutes in every movie he's in.

Llayden said:
I'm sorry you feel that way about ABU. They do make really good products, unlike your examples. There hasn't been a good Star Wars film in almost 35 years and no one wants to watch some whiny, weak, arrogant, "hero" do nothing but walk for three hours and die for 20 minutes in every movie he's in.

Lol lol lol, nicely timed.

I was going petition ABU to make Star Wars diapers once they make the Huggies for Her homage.

i like MamyPoko With Winnie the Pooh designs

Sent from my SM-P555Y using Tapatalk

As long as they don't change or get rid of Little Pawz, I'll be happy.
The new Kiddo diapers seem interesting, but don't look as fun as LP.
I would love a printed pull-up diaper, not too thick, for short term use like real pull-ups are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back