Status
Not open for further replies.

jack3295

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Just changed after a particularly messed diaper. Dosn't happen often at night but it does happen. What a fucking hassle. I don't think I've had such a messy diaper while sleeping. I do sleep good but I hate waking to a messy diaper. Like I said, not a regular thing, but a pain in the ass when it happens. Seems to be happening more often. Fuck this shit. Literally.

I hate messy diapers at any stage - but I agree overnight mess is the worst - at least during the day we can change quicker and are careful - at night you have little knowledge of the event and tend to - trying to be delicate - spread it around as you turn over 😖

Yes, I have Bowel Movement Urgency, and from the time I experience the sensation of voiding my bowels to actually voiding my bowels into my diaper is too short to ever get to a toilet. Yes, I also void my bowels in my diaperr while sleeping im my bed at night and at nap times. Yes, due to lying down, it just smears everywhere, and a real pain to cleam myself up afterwards.

I really really hate the clear up, and although I have been dealing with it for so long now changing when messy is STILL a right pain in the backside (literally) especially at night as I find by the time you have cleaned yourself up (while half asleep) your then wide awake and cant get back to sleep.
Have occasionally thought "ill wait until I wake" but that can also backfire with either serious rash / burning or possible leakage, you cant win !
Having said that my Doctor prescribed me something called Loperamide as my bowels were constantly very very loose (and still are 70% of the time) making accidents even worse to clean up and this helped by even slowing my bowels down at night until I woke in the morning.

I use loperamide sparingly as I don't want to become reliant. I will use it for more formal events and flying. I too have been dealing with this God awful experience for decades and just take it as it comes. I don't change at night anymore to the sleep issues stated. I liberally use Desitin and have been blessed with pretty tough skin. I rarely have and rashes and value my sleep. I'm not a resrtless sleeper and often wake in the same position I fell asleep in so there is very little "migration". It's just such a hassle to wake up in a poop filled diaper and the subsequent change. Not my favorite way to wake up.

Not heard of Desitin, not sure if it's like sudocream (in the uk) but will have a look out for it as nothing worse than sore skin, at the moment my sleeping is really bad so every time I need to change I then can't get back to sleep, "its such a pain in the ass" excuse the pun! Know what you mean about the loperamide I'm now only taking in here and there, and some times cause stomach aches ibs.

jack3295 said:
Just changed after a particularly messed diaper. Dosn't happen often at night but it does happen. What a fucking hassle. I don't think I've had such a messy diaper while sleeping. I do sleep good but I hate waking to a messy diaper. Like I said, not a regular thing, but a pain in the ass when it happens. Seems to be happening more often. Fuck this shit. Literally.
I known how it feels >.<
This is how it is literally every night for me, it's pretty frustrating to have to go through the clean up every morning...... But either way what choice is there other than to go through with it, sometimes I have nights which are worse than others and skin protection is vital since I'm not woken up by it.

Hope you're doing better with it..... It's not easy to adjust to it

ollienappied said:
Not heard of Desitin, not sure if it's like sudocream (in the uk) but will have a look out for it as nothing worse than sore skin, ...

Pretty much. They are different of course, but are intended for the same thing and work fairly decent in their own rights. Just make sure you get the Desitin Creamy. The Desitin Original is an ointment that is not intended to be absorbed into the skin, but only act as a zinc based barrier cream. The Desitin creamy on the other hand absorbs into the skin to repair and sooth rashes quite well.

Slomo said:
Pretty much. They are different of course, but are intended for the same thing and work fairly decent in their own rights. Just make sure you get the Desitin Creamy. The Desitin Original is an ointment that is not intended to be absorbed into the skin, but only act as a zinc based barrier cream. The Desitin creamy on the other hand absorbs into the skin to repair and sooth rashes quite well.

It as sticky a sudocream as i find once you apply it you have to wash you hands quite a bit to get it off?
Do you apply it prior to putting your nappy / diaper on or after cleaning yourself us after a accident?

ollienappied said:
It as sticky a sudocream as i find once you apply it you have to wash you hands quite a bit to get it off?
Do you apply it prior to putting your nappy / diaper on or after cleaning yourself us after a accident?

The original is a little sticky, but the creamy leaves more of an oily residue behind. Either one, you will want to wash your hands (I find just once is enough) after applying it, and before trying to put your diaper on.

For something even better, try looking into a prescription for "triple diaper cream" (not triple paste). It rubs in pretty good so at the most I have to wipe my hands off a little to get rid of any remaining residue. This cream is also way more effective than anything over the counter too.

Slomo said:
The original is a little sticky, but the creamy leaves more of an oily residue behind. Either one, you will want to wash your hands (I find just once is enough) after applying it, and before trying to put your diaper on.

For something even better, try looking into a prescription for "triple diaper cream" (not triple paste). It rubs in pretty good so at the most I have to wipe my hands off a little to get rid of any remaining residue. This cream is also way more effective than anything over the counter too.

Thanks Slomo I'll have a look it, I've only ever put on cream after a accident to ease the burning (never really known much else), can you put this on or a cream on at night to last the whole night so when I do soil it will protect my skin for a bit? Just as I am such a bad sleeper (and on many meds) that when I normally wake to change it completely wakes me up and can never get back to sleep, just would like to sleep slightly longer without changing straight away if that makes sense.

For -healing- a rash you want to use a cream. Use the cream first with clean skin and rub it in fully. This gets absorbed deeper into the skin to help heal damage that's already there. It will NOT last all night, but it will heal faster you after the fact.

For -protecting- against a rash you want to use an ointment. Apply a thin coating on your skin to create a sort of barrier. This WILL last all night, but will not help you very much for healing.

To be truly effective you need to use both methods. For you, I'd say start with just the ointment at night. When you wake up and get cleaned up, use the cream to help heal any rash damage that's been done.

I don't have night accidents all the time but often enough. It can just be exhausting especially when it seems to happen when you're not expecting it. My urgency is so strong that it boarders on being painful and most of the time it wakes me up. I might make it into the bathroom 1 in 50 times. I have too much diaper on to know with any certainty if I can get them off in time without making a complete mess of the bathroom and me. I guess it's not much different than during the day but to just lay there and surrender gets tough mentally sometimes. After 20 years I'm used to it but I'm no different than anyone else. Sometimes it just gets me down. As for the Desitin question. It is zinc oxide based and offers superior skin protection against urine or stool. I use the regular paste,not the more greasy creamy blend. I don't even try to wash it off my hands. I just simply use some wet wipes and bingo, my hands are clean. I'm not really sure how anyone can sleep through a bowel release. Sure, I understand how you could because I have. But 90% of the time the urge wakes me and the next thing I know it's overpowered me and I can feel poop begin to pile up in the seat of my diapers. The relief is always welcome but the thought of what I had just done depresses me sometimes. Not all the time. I should be used to it by now and to be honest, I am. Most of the time I'm just glad the urgency is gone despite the load in my diapers. I roll back onto my side and go back to a usually restful sleep. Just had to vent I guess. A little unusual for me. I try to stay as positive as I can.

im not ic nore am I an expert but couldn't you try to use laxatives to try to empty yourself before you go bed??

I don't enjoy messing as with me it's usually running and sometimes can burn. I have chronic IBS so have no control. I take loperimide to try and help but its not much use to be honest.

I have just nappy creamed by bum and private area. I would love a male nurse to clean me up and change my bum. You need a nice nurse to help you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back