NHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to think this is the year for the Senators. 6-1 in OT games? At some point it just has to be destiny, right?

Sens showed well in Game 1 vs the Pens. They could be a legitimate threat against the Pens, but time will tell. We'll have to see how the Pens respond in Game 2.

I like the Preds. Swept the Blackhawks in round 1, knocked out a pretty good Blues team in 6 in round 2. Now they are tied in the series with Anaheim. They are kind of reminiscent of the LA Kings 2012 cup team; eighth seed in the west that goes on to win the cup. I think the Preds are on a run like the Kings were in 2012, and they are currently my favorite to win the cup.

DLC93 and Near - Been following the ECF/WCF Series? My boys kicked butt last night. Stoked for tomorrow @ Ottawa. Also wondering if Nashville is going to close out tonight, Ducks have been putting up a good fight but hard to see Ducks winning in 7 at this point

Nashville advances to the Stanley Cup Final for the first time in franchise history with a 6-3 win over the Ducks in game 6. Colton Sissons netted a hat trick and the game-winning goal.

The Pens have a chance to close of the Eastern Conference final against the Sens, but I suspect the Sens won't go out without a fight and I wouldn't be surprised to see a game 7, especially because tomorrow game is in Ottawa.

I'm still liking the Predators, but with the loss of Ryan Johansen and injury to Mike Fisher, I'm not nearly as confident as I was previously as my favorite to win the cup.

DLC93 said:
Nashville advances to the Stanley Cup Final for the first time in franchise history with a 6-3 win over the Ducks in game 6. Colton Sissons netted a hat trick and the game-winning goal.

The Pens have a chance to close of the Eastern Conference final against the Sens, but I suspect the Sens won't go out without a fight and I wouldn't be surprised to see a game 7, especially because tomorrow game is in Ottawa.

I'm still liking the Predators, but with the loss of Ryan Johansen and injury to Mike Fisher, I'm not nearly as confident as I was previously as my favorite to win the cup.

Looking like Pens - Preds at this point. If that comes to be it's hard to pick a favorite, Pens are playing at the top of their game but Nashville is bringing back that ol' time hockey. Smashville indeed :p

Sens extend the Eastern Conference Final to game 7; however, the Pens seemed to be more in control of that game and the Sens seemed to be hanging on for most of the game. It's likely the Pens will advance.

Whichever the outcome, the Stanley Cup Final should be good!

DLC93 said:
Sens extend the Eastern Conference Final to game 7; however, the Pens seemed to be more in control of that game and the Sens seemed to be hanging on for most of the game. It's likely the Pens will advance.

Whichever the outcome, the Stanley Cup Final should be good!

My shop manager said that Ottawa-Pittsburgh last night was like Washington-Pittsburgh but the reverse for Pittsburgh. Completely outplayed the other team but lost anyways. Amazing the lopsided shot differential in 2nd period especially.

ProudPaddedBro said:
My shop manager said that Ottawa-Pittsburgh last night was like Washington-Pittsburgh but the reverse for Pittsburgh. Completely outplayed the other team but lost anyways. Amazing the lopsided shot differential in 2nd period especially.

Yeah the commentators on NBCSN stated the same thing. That happens sometimes. I think Ottawa can play better than Pittsburgh, but last game the Pens were better if I'm being honest.

DLC93 said:
Yeah the commentators on NBCSN stated the same thing. That happens sometimes. I think Ottawa can play better than Pittsburgh, but last game the Pens were better if I'm being honest.

What's your prediction for tonight? All of Pittsburgh is on pins and needles right now!!!!!

This Pens-Ottawa game is nuts!

Double OT and the pens win it, thought they would do it but hoped they wouldn't lol. Should be a good SCF. Go smashville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a game last night. Going to be a lot of Yellow/Gold in this series! Curious to see how the extra day of rest for Smashville affects Game 1

I was rooting for the Sens, but last night turned out they way I thought it would. What a game! What a series! Stanley Cup Final should be good.

2-2 after four games. Come on Nashville you can do this

I'm more interested in NBA myself but it's hard to watch when I live in the UK and games don't start until like 2am

My boys looked pathetic last night. Ugh. Thursday night can't come soon enough. Props to Smashville for being a crazy hometown crowd, but come on tone it down already. Some R rated chants broke out last night.

After the first couple games in this series I thought Nashville was in trouble, even though I thought they were the better team in game 1 Pittsburgh found away to walk away with it, and walked over Nashville in game 2.

I knew Nashville would get a boost from their home crowd, and I was curious to see if Pekka Rinne would get out of his funk from games 1 and 2, and he did. Preds won the last two games in convincing fashion.

I think Nashville has proven they belong to be there and Pittsburgh is going to have to fight for it. If Nashville can steal game 5 in Pittsburgh, I think they have it in game 6. It's amazing to watch their offensive zone pressure; Each forward is circling around and pressuring their opposition in the D-zone and forcing turnovers. Then Nashville's d-men and sitting at the blue lines ready to keep the puck in.

Even though Nashville lost the first two games, I was also still impressed on how they were able to dish the puck off on offense against Pittsburgh; games 3 and 4 was their breakout.

Rooting for Nashville myself.

DLC93 said:
After the first couple games in this series I thought Nashville was in trouble, even though I thought they were the better team in game 1 Pittsburgh found away to walk away with it, and walked over Nashville in game 2.

I knew Nashville would get a boost from their home crowd, and I was curious to see if Pekka Rinne would get out of his funk from games 1 and 2, and he did. Preds won the last two games in convincing fashion.

I think Nashville has proven they belong to be there and Pittsburgh is going to have to fight for it. If Nashville can steal game 5 in Pittsburgh, I think they have it in game 6. It's amazing to watch their offensive zone pressure; Each forward is circling around and pressuring their opposition in the D-zone and forcing turnovers. Then Nashville's d-men and sitting at the blue lines ready to keep the puck in.

Even though Nashville lost the first two games, I was also still impressed on how they were able to dish the puck off on offense against Pittsburgh; games 3 and 4 was their breakout.

Rinne was good in Game 3, and flat out superhuman in Game 4. That triple attempt he stopped late in the second period was simply astonishing. Given the offensive firepower both teams have, it will be absolutely crucial for Murray to have a lights out showing Thursday night. That is of course assuming Sullivan doesn't yank him, talk of which is hitting a fever pitch here in Pittsburgh.

Man. After watching game 5 tonight, Nashville doesn't have it man. I'm saying it right now, Pittsburgh will win it again. Even is Nashville wins game 6, I don't believe they have what it takes to steal a win in Pittsburgh. Rinne had a shaky first period tonight and probably should have had two of those goals.

I can't see Nashville winning if they can extend it to 7 with the Pens having home-ice advantage. Not to mention the injury to Ryan Ellis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back