Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anybody else watching the NHL playoffs?

Not watching but my flames are down 2-0 in the series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleManAlex said:
Not watching but my flames are down 2-0 in the series

The Ducks have proven in recent years they are a tough matchup.

- - - Updated - - -

Maxx said:
Hard to believe the Blackhawks are down 2 as well. Not really worried, though. I still think once the shots start going in, they'll come in bunches.

It's very surprising, especially being shutout at home twice. It's going to be a tough series for Chicago now as the need to make up gound in hostile territory.

My teams not in the playoffs. I just really enjoy watching the playoffs because the intensity and animosity is on a whole another level. There isn't much better in sports than playoff hockey.

Penguins all the way (again) this year!

ProudPaddedBro said:
Penguins all the way (again) this year!

I hope not, I hope not the oilers either

LittleManAlex said:
I hope not, I hope not the oilers either

I wouldn't be upset if the Pens won it again, but they're definitely not my first choice. Definitely don't want Boston, Toronto, or Edmonton to win it; Boston and Toronto because they are rivals of my team, and Edmonton because their fans have been annoying ever since they drafted McDavid.

The Flames probably have quite the rivalry against Edmonton right?

I'm not super into sports, but I hope the Pens win again

Blackhawks swept! Wow! You guys still keeping track? Pens and Ducks also advance.

You could have bet me $100 bucks the Preds would sweep and I would have taken that bet all day long. Shocker.

Well another night of playoff hockey. Is appears the Oilers might knock off the Sharks in a hour time, but we'll see how it turns out.

The Rangers eliminated the Habs tonight and the Blues elminated the Wild this afternoon.

The Oilers have a 2-0 lead on the Sharks and seem to be in control at this point. If they advance they will meet the Ducks in round 2. The Nashville Preditors and the St. Louis Blues will meet in round two.

In the East the Pens and Rangers have advanced. I believe the other two series are on tomorrow. The Penguins will face the winner of the Capitals-Leafs series, Capitals leading the series 3-2. The Rangers will either face the Bruins or Senators, and I believe Ottawa is leading that series 3-2, but I might be wrong.

Anybody have playoff predictions for round 2 with what we know in the west thus far? It will be interesting to see if Pekka Rinne and the Preditors can continue to shut down their opponents. I like the Ducks in round 2 if they end up facing the Oilers (and the Sharks for that matter); I feel like the Ducks have a consistent offensive threat and a solid D-core which isn't even at full strength at the moment with Cam Fowler and Sami Vatanan out.

If the Sharks can pull some magic and defeat the Oilers both tonight and game 7, I still feel like the Ducks will defeat them because the Sharks don't seem to be able to control a game or play with the level of intensity needed to succeed in the playoffs.

Round 1 is complete: Washington advances and will face Pittsburgh. Ottawa eliminated the Bruins today and will play the Rangers in round 2. Ducks will play the Oilers, and Nashville will play St. Louis.

Predictions?

Not much of a prediction but I hope the ducks beat the oilers

I'm going to try to re-ignite discussion here.

Anybody still following the NHL playoffs? Nashville Predators eliminated the St. Louis Blues last night in game 6. Edmonton embarrassed the Anaheim Ducks last night to send it to game 7, and the Washington Captals beat the Penguins tonight in convincing fashion to send it to game 7.

I'm not really surprised about Nashvile defeating St. Louis. The Predators have been one of the more impressive teams thus far and I think they are the biggest threat out of the western conference out of the remaining teams. I'm a little surprised at Washington's ability to extend the series to 7, especially after falling down 3-1. I thought Pittsburgh would of been prepared to eliminate them. I'm also surprised at the Ducks and Oilers series, not because of the Oilers, but because of the Ducks. I seems like the Ducks are just kind of beating themselves in this series and I get the sense they don't have the will to play their game, and instead they have been just letting the Oilers skate all over them.

Rangers and Senators game 6 is tomorrow night, and I think it's in New York. Rangers seemed strong at home in their previous two contests during games 3 & 4. I'm expecting a game 7 in that series too.

Ducks beat the oilers yeah baby.

Would like to see Nashville take the cup out of the teams that are left.

Well, my Caps choked again against Pittsburgh. Admittedly they did get it to seven games and Fleury is indeed the best goalie the game has seen in a while, but still.

LittleManAlex said:
Ducks beat the oilers yeah baby.

Would like to see Nashville take the cup out of the teams that are left.

I've liked what I've seen out of the Predators in the playoffs. They are definitely one of the favorites, and my favorite to win. They will probably meet Pittsburgh in the final and that would be a tough series.

- - - Updated - - -

willnotwill said:
Well, my Caps choked again against Pittsburgh. Admittedly they did get it to seven games and Fleury is indeed the best goalie the game has seen in a while, but still.

I was rooting for the Caps in that series too. Pittsburgh has won recently and Washington hasn't, if ever to my knowledge. I was also hoping Ovi would collect a cup. That was their best shot though, not they have Cap limit difficulty and things are going to be shaken up.

Ovi looked off in that series, his injury probably impeded him quite greatly, a hamstring injury that was reported and supposingly a picture surfaced too. Probably suffered in that clip/ knee-on-knee with Nazim Kadri.

Through Game 1s the preds lead 1-0 and to my surprise the sens won the first game, though like you I think Pittsburgh takes the series, but I would be more than happy to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back