Top 5 things you wish people knew about IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really add anything new - so here are a few i related to the best

1) I didn't chose to be IC and wear diapers - but the security and comfort they bring remind me of happy times with a mother and the care that it brought

2) it can happen at any age and does not make you a baby - if you hurt your leg you wrap it up to help - if you leak you apply a medical support to help

3) tablets can be way worse than diapers - i went through 4 meds which caused the IC to get worse and one gave me an allergic reaction - give me safe padding any day ( on a side note I wish my GP would agree and fund the padding - he won't as I refuse the meds he says is Better)

4) messy diapers stink ( in every sense of the word ) fine if you want to do it on purpose as part of fetish play - but live with it and sleep with it when you have to clean up yourself and come back time on that one maybe

5) IC people are just normal people - you don't need to cross the road if you see my diapers over the waist and if my shorts and just as you wouldn't dream of shouting across the road to some one in a wheelchair " oi cripple" I don't appreciate you shouting across the road to me " oi baby boy - look he has a big nappy under his trousers"

Last edited:
Slomo said:
Off topic, but... Actually, reverse potty training is the best way to go. First, it takes many months if not a full year to fully unpotty train. Most people will easily experience most travel/social situations during this time- which will give them plenty of time to stop.

Second, if like you say their minds change, even afterward untraining, it actually isn't that hard to just re-potty train. If you were able to do it as a toddler, you can still do it as an adult (barring any other complications)

If you personally regret it that much, then why don't you just potty train yourself again?

Well, the big bone of contention there is that, going in, I thought that I would be able to toilet train, but I've tried on two occasions and haven't been successful.

I'm certainly not writing off the possibility that I am in principle capable of toilet training, but I don't seem to be capable right now, from the position that I'm in. I think a lot of people assume that they will definitely be able to toilet train no matter how deeply and thoroughly they disassemble their toilet training, and while I think that a lot of people who've suffered diaper-related continence loss are capable of regaining their training - I know a few - I don't think it's a given.

Kaliborio said:
Well, the big bone of contention there is that, going in, I thought that I would be able to toilet train, but I've tried on two occasions and haven't been successful.

I'm certainly not writing off the possibility that I am in principle capable of toilet training, but I don't seem to be capable right now, from the position that I'm in. I think a lot of people assume that they will definitely be able to toilet train no matter how deeply and thoroughly they disassemble their toilet training, and while I think that a lot of people who've suffered diaper-related continence loss are capable of regaining their training - I know a few - I don't think it's a given.

That is true. Given the nature of this site, a lot of members here are going to have control issues to start with. Upsetting or relinquishing any control you once had would likely have a chance for being non-reversable more so than with most "normal" adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back