Advise for traveling to USA for the first time from the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
So,

My advice...being from the us and traveling with ic for my whole life!

Order from xpmedical, I've used them for years...Have them ship to hotel.

Use a whole bag for supplies, and check should be free for medical supplies.

On plane, if you can avoid a change would be best! Changing aboard sucks!

As for brand, if your not worried about being thick, use the 24/7 confidry thy hold up to walking, and work great!

Ive never been charged for having diapers shipped to a hotel...Tell them its ic supplies they wont even think of getting another dollar from ya! And they will put down a mattress protector, ask, its also good to keep any other stuff on the mattress in check too...

Then, take the remote, comforter, phone, and stuff in the bottom of a closet, they are nasty! Bring a black light if you want a scare!

I bring my own mattress protector (full zippered close one) and own bedding...bed bugs are rampant in many areas of the us.

When traveling back home, don't bring luggage in house, just bring to a local laundry and wash in hot water, and bag it in a trash bag, then bag the luggage separate...

You don't want bed bugs! And they will survive a flight over the pond!

Thanks everyone, you have all been extremely helpful, and really can't wait to travel!
Could possibly leave changing on the Paine (but due to being unpredictable I really am not sure?)
Going to hopefully get some delivered to the hotel of if that's not possible, a ups point.
Going to try and get Dry 24/7 (and maybe bring some back home!
kind Regards
Ollie

I live not far from Orlando, diapered 24/7 and have been to all the parks many times over the years. All the advice on here is pretty good. Ship a high quality diaper to your hotel, hotel staff will empty diapers daily from your trash, bring a backpack with diapers into the park (it will get searched) and let the hotel know you are incontinent and they will put a mattress protector on the mattress. I'm heading out west on a trip very soon and I've never had an issue being diapered when going through TSA and have even changed on a plane many times. Enjoy your time here. Florida weather is very nice this time of year just don't drop anything flammable on the ground (we are in the dry season and the state has been known to go up in flames).

ollienappied said:
Thanks for geting back to me, I was thinking about ordering some to be delivered to the hotel but is that allowed? Would i need the room number im staying in or just my name with the hotels address.

I would call the hotel and ask/notify that you will have a package arriving prior to your arrival date and ask how it should be addressed.

Hotel name
C/o guest name maybe slip in arriving date
1234 any street
Orlando, Florida

I shipped a diaper kit to my hotel in Washington, D.C. When I went n a church trip as we were only able to take a single carry on bag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Defiantly, i think this is now the best option, so i was thinking of contacting them about 2 weeks before going, Hopefully this will be enought notice.

ollienappied said:
Defiantly, i think this is now the best option, so i was thinking of contacting them about 2 weeks before going, Hopefully this will be enought notice.

I think that if you notify the hotel on the same day that you order the diapers, that would give the hotel enough time to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back