Day or night diaper wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both for me, out of necessity. I've had to wear diapers to bed most of my life, but only started wearing them during the day about six months ago. Before that I was managing my daytime incontinence with pull-ups and pads, and while I appreciate not having to make as many trips to the restroom and not having leaks, I feel way more self-conscious about my incontinence wearing a diaper during the day than I ever did in pull-ups, or only wearing at night. My insurance covers plastic-backed Attends (extremely noisy) so I wear those pretty much exclusively, sometimes with a Tena Overnight pad cut with slits as a soaker for overnight or lazy weekends at home. The biggest difference for me between day and night diaper wearing is how constantly wet I feel during the day. At night laying in bed I quickly get used to it and fall asleep, but feeling how wet I am every time I move around is probably my least favorite part of daytime wearing. When I was wearing pull-ups I guess I changed a lot more often, so going four or five hours in a wet plastic-backed diaper is something that even after six months I'm still trying to get used to. I would definitely choose to only have to wear at night if I could. I've has minor issues with IBS in the past (in February there were a few weeks where I was messing in my sleep several nights a week) but I think I'd even choose to deal with that every night, if it meant I didn't have to wear anything during the day. Managing incontinence in public kind of sucks.

Right now I can only wear at night. It's the only time I feel comfortable enough that no one will bug me.

Mostly night. But day time can be fun. I want to wear rompers with them during the day

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

I wear both during the day and night. Medically incon so it's life for me. But during the day, I switch to a thinner diaper for moving about. At night I use a thicker diaper as I'm less likely to be as active and it just feels nice.

During daytime wear, I've gotten used to having a diaper on and actually find a lot of comfort in wearing one. The trick of finding a truly comfortable diaper for wear during work and going about my day was a tough one though.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

lamando said:
Mostly night. But day time can be fun. I want to wear rompers with them during the day

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk
The right romper/bodysuit can be fantastic for daytime wear. It helps keep everything in place throughout the day and there are some awesome designs to boot.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

inconsurferdude said:
The biggest difference for me between day and night diaper wearing is how constantly wet I feel during the day. At night laying in bed I quickly get used to it and fall asleep, but feeling how wet I am every time I move around is probably my least favorite part of daytime wearing.

Have you tried using a high sap diaper for daytime? Those usually feel dryer because of how thoroughly they lock away the wetness with their sap. I'm not a big fan of Tena's ATN, but you may find you prefer them due to their very high sap - a lot of people seem to like them for daytime wear.

Slomo said:
You get used to it when you wear 24/7. Just like with memorizing by sight where a tape is supposed to go, eventually you can just feel it too. The real challenge is day wearing. Eventually you'll come to needing to change while standing up and not leaning on anything.

Yep this one took me ages to master - if I didn't lean up against something it fell off - of course since leaning against the stall door when i forgot to lock it and falling out into the urinal area - I soon learnt the thigh clamp diaper on method 😂

I wear every night because I am a bedwetter. I like wearing night-time diapers because of the comfort and security they provide for me when I sleep. I wear occasionally in the daytime just for fun and the warm, soft feeling. But I prefer to wear at night.

I like it at the night the most. I'm least likely to be disturbed so I can do whatever. I also tend to be more groggy at night which helps me get into the little headspace of calm and minimalistic world perception.

I've had problems with urinary retention. I think the problem is largely psychological, or something to do with the nervous system, I've gone trough a couple of doctors for it. I never wet myself on accident because of it, but sometimes I wish I did since it's painful when I can't void no matter how much I want.
Diapers helped me to relax, because they got me over that "oh no I'm holding a stall and I need to let other people in already oh no oh no"-feeling and all other pressure of being near a loo when I needed it. I actually got to a point where I no longer have any problem with painful retention at all.

I learned to like wearing, though! I kinda want to do it 24/7 and I prefer daytime wearing to sleeping in diapers. Though I do both and I do both as often as I can :)

bambinod said:
Have you tried using a high sap diaper for daytime? Those usually feel dryer because of how thoroughly they lock away the wetness with their sap. I'm not a big fan of Tena's ATN, but you may find you prefer them due to their very high sap - a lot of people seem to like them for daytime wear.

Tena is great for daytime!! They have one model which is cloth on the sides, but plastic on the diaper part and that is my absolute favourite, it doesn't feel stuffy when going about my day.

Night can actually be the roughest part as figuring out how to lay comfortably is tricky

Since I sleep much better on my side I've gotten used to sleeping with a memory foam pillow between my knees when on my side, which is about 80% of most nights. (it's very uncommon for me to be able to get a good amount of sleep on my back the entire night) This helps make a wet, swollen diaper more comfortable. Though sometimes even that's not enough and I'm forced to spend the latter part of the night on my back.

When I wet, I try to do so on my back, very slowly, so it runs down and lands on the back of the crotch of my diaper, instead of flooding it forward and soaking the front and middle of the crotch. This seems to help reduce swelling in that area. Of course diapers that don't swell as much or that wick better will deal with this even better. Bambino and DCAmore are very good in this regard.

24/7 have to being incon

I have to wear day and night and I don't really favour one over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back