ABU or Bambino's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABU all the way!!!

ABU definitely are higher capacity than bambino. Bambino seem to be very similar in performance to Xplus4 for their lower capacity, higher pulp. But they have their own appeal as a decent "all-white with lightweight abdl-themed print on the tape panel" diaper.

BTW, their magnificio is IMHO the only diaper that has gotten the concept of "plastic diaper with velcro tapes" right, in addition to the only one that has gotten 'stretchy, DURABLE sides" right. That, combined with excellent capacity/quality padding makes their magnifico an incredible diaper. It really has no equal in its niche. And this is how their original line (bianco, classico, teddy) used to be, top of the market. They just seem to prefer sitting on a design for awhile without improving it, and then suddenly come out with something different that's better (like the bellissimo for example) without dropping their previous line. I suppose that strategy has its advantages in reducing development and manufacturing change costs.

I agree that the Magnifico is one of a kind and done well, however it doesn't fit me well because I'm on the bottom in of mediums (puns are fun), so the stretchy sides make the tape placement overlapping eachother. I hope they can make a small and I'll be very happy...

bambinod said:
ABU definitely are higher capacity than bambino. Bambino seem to be very similar in performance to Xplus4 for their lower capacity, higher pulp. But they have their own appeal as a decent "all-white with lightweight abdl-themed print on the tape panel" diaper.

I wouldn't exactly call the Bellissimos a low-end diaper, when you compare them to the Abenas and Dry 24/7's. The Bellissimos are better, and that's what I am buying now because of the severe decline in quality control of the Dry 24/7's. Abena has had quality problems for years now, and I never expect them to improve or get back to what they used to be. So those are no longer an option. North Shore has a good product in their Supreme line, but their length is an inch too short for my liking. Goodnites will work just as well for day to day. So, the only real options are ABU and Bambino, then maybe North Shore if I can't find anything else.

A little more on the Bellissimo: I'm not sure if anybody here is familiar with history. But I'll give you all a clue. The Bambino Bellissimo taping panel is very similar to what P&G used on their Ultra Pampers Plus line back in 1987. Most of you probably weren't even around then, but that's what Grampa wore when he was little.

Since ABU got new ownership a few years back, they've soared past Bambino in my opinion.

MailCat581 said:
ABU any day! Only thing I get from Bambino is the Rearz Safari.

Yeah for only a few bucks more they're a better local source than Rearz for me.

As for the bellisimo, I wasn't including them when I was stating lower capacity than ABU, I was only including bianco, teddy, and classico there. The bellisimo are definitely more absorbent

ABU slightly. Their customer service is significantly better, they have a dedicated local branch with good web design (used to be Padding Plus Australia), and the manufacturing quality is slightly higher. With Bambino, I have recurring problems with non-sticky tapes (sometimes completely non-sticky - literally no adhesive at all from the get-go) and perforated plastic backing that 'weeps'; I've never had those problems with ABU.

Another ABU vote particularly the vintage style though I am amazed at he Space/Simple absorbency.

MyDiaper gets second place for me and then Fabines have always worked pretty well for me but maybe Snuggies.

Bambinos probably my 5th choice.

Honeywell6180 said:
I have not had any problems with the Bellissimos, so I usually buy those when they are on sale. The ABU SDK's are OK, but a little more expensive when purchasing a half case. Part of why I like the Bambino product better, is that they take Paypal while ABUniverse does not. Perhaps one day, but for now I just have to make my purchases when I have the funds available.

We've got you covered ;)

https://abucares.abuniverse.com/en/...693-what-if-paypal-is-my-only-payment-option-

Honeywell6180 said:
Yes, I saw that page. But sometimes, I use Paypal Credit to defer costs over the next month. Your company does not appear to offer Paypal Credit. North Shore does, however.

Interesting. I shall look into this.

Honeywell6180 said:
Part of why I like the Bambino product better, is that they take Paypal while ABUniverse does not. Perhaps one day, but for now I just have to make my purchases when I have the funds available.

With Rearz, I have to pay by credit card, and being in Canada (oh the horror!) my bank (in the USA) declines it the first time every single time. And I have to call them and tell them to allow it. again. yays.

There is a lot of ABU love here. It's well deserved. However, I have a soft place in my heart for Bambino because they were very early in the game, their diapers are very good, and I like the look of a mostly white diaper.

I will continue to order from both companies.

plasticsounds said:
There is a lot of ABU love here. It's well deserved. However, I have a soft place in my heart for Bambino because they were very early in the game, their diapers are very good, and I like the look of a mostly white diaper.

I will continue to order from both companies.

yeah I definitely have a soft spot for bambino, but their quality is always hit or miss. ABU has definitely made a serious 180. I kinda feel their prints are a bit too busy though. The simple is too simple, and the paws and space are too over the top. Preschools are great, but don't hold much. i have been trying ABDL shop carousels the past few weeks and they are pretty good I live in oregon, so both abu and abdlshop are pretty much local companies, which to me is very cool.

klo555 said:
Interesting. I shall look into this.

Let me know when you get set up. Thanks for looking in at this.

ABU only because Bambino needs to increase quantity and decrease prise to a more fair amount. Just look at the outrageous prise/quantity for there Magnifico.

~Rob

I have used both. I like them both. There are pros and cons to both. I will continue to buy from both.

I definitely prefer ABU diapers. I have SDKs and Lavender right now. also have bambino classico and tykables. It's like a diaper outlet store in my room right now. I love them all.

Gonna have to go with ABU on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back