Why can't I accsess these sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angellothefox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Inkbunny is sort of working but I can not seem to see any pictures the come up with a little x in a box when I view them.

e621 I can not accsess due to it telling me problem loading page.
Secure Connection Failed.jpg

Fetlife is the same but I swear I was able to accsess it once. It was when I was considering about signing up.
Secure connection Failed 2.jpg

Dose anyone know the problem and is they away to fix it.
For security I have AVG and Myleweare bites

Sounds like your ssl config is screwed up.

If this is linux, update your certs.. if this is windows, re-install/update your browser I guess.

Angellothefox said:
For security I have AVG...

It would definitely be worth having a look at AVG's installed components and uninstalling any browser add-ons and other integrations.

These components are usually there to generate a profit for the AV company, either by selling your browsing data or by injecting adverts.

I think it was AVG's AV that used to (and maybe still does) break SSL.

Loads of interesting stuff on google:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=avg+browser+protection
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=avg+ssl+vulnerability

tiny said:
It would definitely be worth having a look at AVG's installed components and uninstalling any browser add-ons and other integrations.

These components are usually there to generate a profit for the AV company, either by selling your browsing data or by injecting adverts.

I think it was AVG's AV that used to (and maybe still does) break SSL.

Loads of interesting stuff on google:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=avg+browser+protection
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=avg+ssl+vulnerability

I have child protection on. (It is usually to make sure no dougy sites come up) Could that be one of the problems?

Angellothefox said:
I have child protection on. (It is usually to make sure no dougy sites come up) Could that be one of the problems?

What's "child protection"? It sounds like something that just blocks "adult" sites, so I don't think that would be causing any problems.

AVG is crap, bloatware and full of ads. Get rid of it. Use Nod32, and pay for it if you want reliable protection that won't hijack your local DNS.

tiny said:
What's "child protection"? It sounds like something that just blocks "adult" sites, so I don't think that would be causing any problems.

XD But wouldn't fetlife and e621 both be considered adult sites? If child protection is on and prevents adult sites from coming up ... that sounds exactly like what the problem is lol.

MarchinBunny said:
XD But wouldn't fetlife and e621 both be considered adult sites? If child protection is on and prevents adult sites from coming up ... that sounds exactly like what the problem is lol.

Message from brain: error 404 (not responding).

Sometimes I honestly think I must be losing the plot. Just... argh! :wallbash:

If I put in e621 .net without any spaces this is what comes up
Deleate 4.jpg

Which is strange because e926 openly advitises bad dragon at the top so.
wait, wait, wait...
It is not OK to go on a adult site like e621 virgin buuuut
It is OK to go on a site that has a advertisment of a dragon touching himself in a inaproprite persission :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Angellothefox said:
Deleate 4.jpg

wait, wait, wait...
It is OK to go on a site that has a advertisment of a dragon touching himself in a inaproprite persission :confused:

Oh and while we are on the subject Furaffinity is a A OK with virgin. So is Weayle which weayle is not really a bad site when you get right down to it.
Inkbunny is OK but you are not alowed to view even your own artwork and others!
deleate 5.jpg
It is not like my pictures are adult
1467327091.angellothefox_juils_3_and_the_mysterious_artifacts.png

Oh my a adult cat holding a cup of coffy and a link to a sploder game oh no it is rated E+ what ever will the younge children think! This should be censored at all cost! How will I know virgin which art I am commenting on for all I know they could be some really racest art and I could say yeah that is good without knowing it is racist art since you disabled the pictures!
But never the less I am still going to make pictures for those who can see the art.

I think it's pretty funny that a company called Virgin are blocking your access to sex sites! :laugh:

I'm not sure how these "child protection" blocks work these days, but in the old days, it was up to the webmaster to label the website/page indicating whether it contained anything inappropriate for children.

Angellothefox said:
View attachment 29017

wait, wait, wait...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and while we are on the subject Furaffinity is a A OK with virgin. So is Weayle which weayle is not really a bad site when you get right down to it.
Inkbunny is OK but you are not alowed to view even your own artwork and others!
View attachment 29018
It is not like my pictures are adult
View attachment 29019

Oh my a adult cat holding a cup of coffy and a link to a sploder game oh no it is rated E+ what ever will the younge children think! This should be censored at all cost! How will I know virgin which art I am commenting on for all I know they could be some really racest art and I could say yeah that is good without knowing it is racist art since you disabled the pictures!
But never the less I am still going to make pictures for those who can see the art.

You have to realize there is a person / people likely behind what sites are blocked and what sites are allowed. They simply may not have seen the site in question and thus have not put it on the block list yet.

Also, they may not block sites like FA and Inkbunny because those sites have their own feature to block adult content, similarly with DA also has a way to seperate 18+ content. I think it's done this way simply because younger indeviduals maybe artists, and to block art sites seems silly. I imagine it would also get on parents nerves, especially since the sites allow to disable that stuff on their own. Now how you would turn images back on the site, I have no idea. I am sure you have control on the child filter ... other wise why would you be using one you can't control at all?

Last but not least, maybe they do not include ads as part of the blocking. *shrugs*
To me, most of it makes sense, not sure why you think it's that weird lol.

Edit: Here
https://help.virginmedia.com/system.../200300000001000/article/HELP-2239/Child-Safe

It seems you are able to make exception. If that doesn't work, I suggest to just turn it off. Questionable sites shouldn't be popping up randomly unless your computer is infected or if you are going on questionable sites yourself XD.

Angellothefox said:
Inkbunny is sort of working but I can not seem to see any pictures the come up with a little x in a box when I view them.

e621 I can not accsess due to it telling me problem loading page.
View attachment 29009

Fetlife is the same but I swear I was able to accsess it once. It was when I was considering about signing up.
View attachment 29010

Dose anyone know the problem and is they away to fix it.
For security I have AVG and Myleweare bites

Turn off child protection.... e-621 has adult images...

Err,,,
My mother is the owner well.... Branson is the owner of Virgin.
But mummy pays for the internet on the virgin site so that means she is in control of the child protection.

- - - Updated - - -

Angellothefox said:
Err,,,
My mother is the owner well.... Branson is the owner of Virgin.
But mummy pays for the internet on the virgin site so that means she is in control of the child protection.

A...K...A Purple cat ;)

Not to worry ether A Virgin had a change of heart?
B Someone hacked into their computer and set it to laid back mode
C A furry had a rough with the virgin team telling them that why can't he accsess the site.
D SCP containment breach they have other things to worry about now reather then protecting children and adults.
E ... Use your imagination.

Secure connection failed can be caused by as little things as your clock being not adjusted correctly. Had that problem myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back