Asking diapers at a hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigersjr1

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Nurses, or any one in general. Say a person went to a hospital and went in the hospital and asked for a diaper from a nurse and then left. Is there any protocols you have to do before you hand the person a diaper or can you just give the person a diaper? Also, would it be strange to ask for a diaper?

First of all, I think this topic would be better discussed the diaper talk forum, because I don't immediately see a connection with your topic and this forum.

Second, it would definitely be weird for you to walk into a hospital just to ask for a diaper and walk out.

Hospitals aren't pharmacies. Where are you going to even go? The front desk? The emergency department? A floor where you are definitely not a patient on and have no business on?

Staff members also don't just give out supplies to random people. They usually have people that need the supplies, such as the hundreds of patients in the hospital. So, unless you are a patient and are actually incontinent, you aren't getting one from the hospital.

Would you walk into the hospital to ask for a cup and leave? No. Because the hospital isn't where you get cups from. The hospital probably has some cups, but people usually go to the store for cups. That's what you should do for diapers. Go to the store.

The best case scenario if you ask for one is they give you a weird look, ask you the reason you're asking for a diaper, and politely turn you down. Then they'd go tell people about the weirdo that walked in asked for a diaper and left. Worst case scenario they think you're a threat and call security and security politely questions you and ultimately asks you to leave.

Was this something you were considering?

I never thought about it have u.

Hospitals do not just hand out supplies of any kind without dome kind of medically necessary reason.

Now if you're admitted then yes you can ask for a hospital diaper- and they will be happy to charge you $20 for it too. They are reallly crappy diapers though, so I highly recommend you bring your own supply if you ever do get admitted.

Slomo said:
Hospitals do not just hand out supplies of any kind without dome kind of medically necessary reason.

Now if you're admitted then yes you can ask for a hospital diaper- and they will be happy to charge you $20 for it too. They are reallly crappy diapers though, so I highly recommend you bring your own supply if you ever do get admitted.

Crappy is an understatement. One of the times I was in the psych ward last year I misjudged the length of my stay and was getting close to running out of diapers I brought and checked with the staff to see what they had and ended up having to educate the nurse on why their diaper would have been as effective as Fruit of the Looms at fecal containment. I was going to have my parents pick up a pack of Wellness Superio from the local pharmacy, but then doctor let me know I'd get out the next day so I ended up not completely running out.

Thats one way to get out of the nuthouse.

tigersjr1 said:
Nurses, or any one in general. Say a person went to a hospital and went in the hospital and asked for a diaper from a nurse and then left. Is there any protocols you have to do before you hand the person a diaper or can you just give the person a diaper? Also, would it be strange to ask for a diaper?

So strange that they'd either call the men in white coats or the police... or just tell you to get lost, if you were lucky.

Who are you going to ask? A receptionist?!

I wouldn't try it.

tigersjr1 said:

look at a hospital bill sometime, then if you don't need a diaper ask yourself, "do I want something I'll be billed about 20 dollars for a single prevail diaper (probably more, just a ball park guess)?" Also they might want to cath you if you say you have bladder problems.

the times I had to stay at a hospital they gave them to me with a second look but I was a patient at that time, I guess if it was not just an over night stay I would have rather been cathed as there diapers suck, they even leak on me and I have the bladder capacity of a 2 year old.
If your not there for treatment or visiting someone you should not be there at all

tigersjr1 said:

Yes, of course it would be strange.

This is phrased like you're a nurse asking but I don't believe that's the case.

I think we have it covered that it would be a strange request, and if you simply offered no explanation you would most likely be turned down.

However... maybe it could be possible if you went in with some type of story - say your kid's diaper leaked and you were caught short without any extras (for a baby diaper), or maybe you have an incontinent relative out in your car in desperate need (for an adult one) - someone might take pity on you, but then again they're probably just as likely to politely say no.

But yeah, it's not a great idea...

Each item in the hospital has an inventory control sticker ( in many places on the door to your room is a large sheet of paper) they peel the tag off each item and stick it to the sheet as you use things, so at the end of a shift they can confidently scan the item into your account and your insurance is billed for the items required for your care be it gauze, diapers, IV bags of fluid whatever ,so asking a nurse for something is going to leave her a green sticker with a Barcode and no place to put it , thusly she will deny You that item , because if they handed products out without accountability the hospital would go bankrupt, not that I am in favor of of 12- $25 diapers or the $800.00 bags of sterile saline, but the actual cost is closer to 35 cents per diaper and 95 cents for saline, but insurance is a racket and the charges and actual cost are completely different animals. I don't reccomend asking for diapers, at best all you could do is go door to door and look for a person with diapers who Is a sleep and go into klepto mode and snatched one, just don't get caught!
As far as the baby or older person in the vehicle they will kindly give you directions to the nearest pharmacy where you could buy some product, because truth be told no one who needs diapers leaves home with more than enough to cover them for longer then they will be out , so you either are a complete fraud as an aide or failed the first rule of IC always have a plan b,c,d,e just in case "Murphy" has other ideas on plan a.

This reminds me of the waknut who was arrested going into a daycare and trying to get them to change you story from last year, it's wrong to fake a disability and it's really wrong to involve the innocent public in your fetish.
Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Here in Europe they might be available at the pharmacy.
When I was younger and student, before online shopping, I got my diapers from pharmacies in town.
I went in with a story about a school play, and there fore needed diapers.
Once I was lucky and got a whole package for free, but generally they gave sample packages.

Tetra said:
Each item in the hospital has an inventory control sticker ( in many places on the door to your room is a large sheet of paper) they peel the tag off each item and stick it to the sheet as you use things, so at the end of a shift they can confidently scan the item into your account and your insurance is billed for the items required for your care be it gauze, diapers, IV bags of fluid whatever ,so asking a nurse for something is going to leave her a green sticker with a Barcode and no place to put it , thusly she will deny You that item , because if they handed products out without accountability the hospital would go bankrupt, not that I am in favor of of 12- $25 diapers or the $800.00 bags of sterile saline, but the actual cost is closer to 35 cents per diaper and 95 cents for saline, but insurance is a racket and the charges and actual cost are completely different animals. I don't reccomend asking for diapers, at best all you could do is go door to door and look for a person with diapers who Is a sleep and go into klepto mode and snatched one, just don't get caught!
As far as the baby or older person in the vehicle they will kindly give you directions to the nearest pharmacy where you could buy some product, because truth be told no one who needs diapers leaves home with more than enough to cover them for longer then they will be out , so you either are a complete fraud as an aide or failed the first rule of IC always have a plan b,c,d,e just in case "Murphy" has other ideas on plan a.

This reminds me of the waknut who was arrested going into a daycare and trying to get them to change you story from last year, it's wrong to fake a disability and it's really wrong to involve the innocent public in your fetish.

I often wonder why this is why health insurance is so expensive because of highly inflated costs. I'm not against making a profit, but the price of items and services in a hospital is crazy high. I personally think there is a cure for cancer, but it is being milked with treatment just to keep revenue flowing.

But back to the subject, I would not take the risk, unless I was a patient, and then I would try to get diapers from somewhere else instead.

In some hospitals they actually have carts with diapers in the halls that are behind a bedsheet covering the cart the cart is about 6 foot tall and has about 4-5 shelves on it. if you know what you are looking for and at the right time yes it is forseeable to snag one - Not that I have done that nor do I support theft either. Depending on the staffer you encounter they may think you are helping a relative and would say hell thats one less stinky diaper I have to change today whew ! and thank you for doing it . Or as others have said they may call security or worst the police ! I do not think you want a record for theft or in some cases petty theft arrest on your record. I do know that in some VA Homes for vets they do not have a bed sheet covering the cart and it would be so fricken simple to walk in and get one and walk out most staff there have so much to do that they really dont give a rats patoot as long as they get thier paycheck at end of week. thats my input on this .

Cancer , Diabetes, HIV are all rackets the amount of money made of off of people being sick is disgusting , notice how relatively quickly we came up with antirettovirals , people were getting sick and dieing , but you keep them alive they are a customer for life buying expensive drugs and seeing doctors,.
That's the problem I have with the practice of medicine , your illness is supporting a nice life for 100's of people you never met, your welfare is in the hands of a completely for profit industry.
Money requires us to work so we have it to spend, to pay the bills that having money requires of us everything is all ways related to money in some way shape or form.
So far 37 different unique cancers have successfully been killed in the laboratory and it should be in human trials within 2 years , the nice thing about if it works in humans as well as it does in the lab , is the guy who invented it, made sure upon his death from cancer , that it could never be owned by a company or government , it is owned by the people , John was a great man and hopefully has discovered a nice way to save a person from the ravages associated with cancer and the financial ruin it ushers with it .

Wonder how much the hospital billed Medicaid for that popsicle I requested to soothe my sore throat the last time I was in the ER...

The Earl shiebe price just $99.95 as long as you returned the stick to the tongue depressor jar promptly !

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
Wonder how much the hospital billed Medicaid for that popsicle I requested to soothe my sore throat the last time I was in the ER...

probably 5-10 dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back