Male vs Female ABDL percent

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrinkleMyJimmies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I have noticed on ABDL forums the population seems to be mostly cis-male with a significant MtF transgender minority. On YouTube it seems to be around 50/50 male to female, but still with a much higher than general population transgender percentage.

I'm a born woman but I consider myself to be androgynous/genderfluid rather than 'feminine'. I'm also bisexual and it seems like abdl's are more likely to identify as LGBT.

So what do you think? Are biological males more likely to be ABDL? Am I abdl because I'm somewhat of a masculine-ish woman? OR is it just forums giving me this impression? And before someone accuses me of it I am NOT trying to come across as a special snowflake just because I was born female and am into more 'male' things arrghhh! That accusation makes my blood boil.

Sadly we really don't know the hard numbers on this, we can only make guesses really. But it does seem AB/DL are mostly male. But I don't exactly understand why that is.
It very well could be more women keep it to themselves, and men are more likely to talk about it. It really can be any number of reasons.

Who knows *shrugs*

MarchinBunny:

There is at least one data point supporting the contention that at least the AB/DL community is predominantly male: ADISC Gender Survey.

CrinkleMyJimmies:

As to why... there are so many possibilities. Like MarchinBunny said, it could be that women are more likely to keep it to themselves rather than participate in a community, or could be that diapers feel sufficiently different to female anatomy that sexual interest doesn't develop (as it does with many men who enjoy diapers), or lots of other things. Assuming I someday fully transition, I'll be very curious to see whether / how my feelings toward them change. Someone who is ABDL and post-op transgender might have some insight to share on the topic, I'd think.

It's a 79/82 percent split.

Then you got 43 percent for GQ and another 98 percent to N/A. All in all. That's the percentages.

MarchinBunny said:
Sadly we really don't know the hard numbers on this, we can only make guesses really. But it does seem AB/DL are mostly male. But I don't exactly understand why that is.
It very well could be more women keep it to themselves, and men are more likely to talk about it. It really can be any number of reasons.

Who knows *shrugs*

It is rather odd because no social reason instantly comes to minds as to why a man or transwoman would have an easier time identifying as abdl than a cis-woman? With the issue of asexuality for example (where more females identify as males), there is a blindingly obvious socially conditioned reason why there would be a lot a men out there who are actually asexual but who can't admit it, even to themselves.

Sapphyre said:
MarchinBunny:

There is at least one data point supporting the contention that at least the AB/DL community is predominantly male: ADISC Gender Survey.

CrinkleMyJimmies:

As to why... there are so many possibilities. Like MarchinBunny said, it could be that women are more likely to keep it to themselves rather than participate in a community, or could be that diapers feel sufficiently different to female anatomy that sexual interest doesn't develop (as it does with many men who enjoy diapers), or lots of other things. Assuming I someday fully transition, I'll be very curious to see whether / how my feelings toward them change. Someone who is ABDL and post-op transgender might have some insight to share on the topic, I'd think.

I think women are more likely to keep it to themselves. Just the other day for example YouTuber "backin diapers" had to post a video to tell people to stop maxing sexual comments and etcetera on her diaper review videos because she was getting a ton of people telling her that they want to see her change herself on camera etcetera. I've certainly got some creepy comments and messages from time to time in other places as well. So I'm sure many just avoid places where stuff like that would happen or pretend to be male on those places.

I'm in the kink community in my area for non-ABDL reasons, but there are plenty of ABDL in it as well, and the ratio there is pretty balanced, but online it seems to heavily skew more male, so I think it is more that for whatever reason females tend to not interact as much online. Could be the creepers scaring them off, could also be men being more likely to seek out affirmation for this kink and women more accepting of it without social affirmation. Could be a combination of both. Could be other things as well.

We also need to keep in mind women are less likely to post online in general because they get harassed a lot more too.

Slomo said:
We also need to keep in mind women are less likely to post online in general because they get harassed a lot more too.

Maybe this is my more 'masculine' side talking but I notice being "harassed" tends to bother me less than a lot of women, in fact what some women might consider harassment I might consider a complement.

Again, no I am not a 'fake' woman, just an atypical one. I do have a pretty strong masculine side, but not quite strong enough that I want to transition.

Last edited:
Since there is not scientific explanation regarding ABDL tendencies it would be very hard to come up with actual numbers. I have read that it is the formative years that defines our "lovemap". I think the term indications more the nurturing side of love and not sex. When you lack the nurturing love from your parents you form a lovemap that is either incomplete or skewed. When you couple this with the stimulation differences between the genders it makes this very complex and very individual.

All I can reference is my own experience. I would say I was neglected when I was young. My parents did not show much emotion or affection. There has always been a void for me. Over the years this generated a rift between me and my parents that I don't think can ever be resolved.

So, I don't think we will ever have a way to identify if an ABDL tendency is equal or gender specific. As a cismale heterosexual, I feel my DL side makes me more compassionate regarding LGBT issues. It could be that by nature we in the ABDL community are more accepting of gender feelings because of our interests.

CrinkleMyJimmies said:
Maybe this is my more 'masculine' side talking but I notice being "harassed" tends to bother me less than a lot of women, in fact what some women might consider harassment I might consider a complement.

Again, no I am not a 'fake' woman, just an atypical one. I do have a pretty strong masculine side, but not quite strong enough that I want to transition.

That's very interesting. A friend and I recently discussed this very topic, and how catcalling makes women feel. I am MtF and still present as male day-to-day, so I just go out, put on my patented Stony Faced Look™, and honestly had no idea how pervasive catcalling was, or how intimidating it can be, until I had a girlfriend and saw it first-hand. My now-ex was obviously very uncomfortable with it, did not so much as glance in their direction, and just walked faster. The intimidating part, I think, is that it was obvious from a mile away that she wasn't taking it as a compliment, yet the guys involved didn't care and kept doing it anyway. The message that such behavior sends would certainly set my nerves on edge.

Btw, I know some rather tomboyish women as close friends... they tend to be pretty cool people in my experience. ^_^

Sapphyre said:
That's very interesting. A friend and I recently discussed this very topic, and how catcalling makes women feel. I am MtF and still present as male day-to-day, so I just go out, put on my patented Stony Faced Look™, and honestly had no idea how pervasive catcalling was, or how intimidating it can be, until I had a girlfriend and saw it first-hand. My now-ex was obviously very uncomfortable with it, did not so much as glance in their direction, and just walked faster. The intimidating part, I think, is that it was obvious from a mile away that she wasn't taking it as a compliment, yet the guys involved didn't care and kept doing it anyway. The message that such behavior sends would certainly set my nerves on edge.

Btw, I know some rather tomboyish women as close friends... they tend to be pretty cool people in my experience. ^_^

I have to say weird as it might seem to most women, I actually don't mind being objectified. I mean I would get upset about a guy yelling at me that I'm fat or too skinny and saying I need to gain/lose weight but just regular cat calling/wolf whistles? Well I don't really fully understand what's so so sooo offensive about guys finding you hot/beautiful/sexually desirable? And at my age it surely is a compliment, cause it usually means that I was assumed to be much younger than my age and don't look mumsy or frumpy.

Sapphyre said:

XD Her comment reminded me of that conversation as well. As I said, there are quite a few people out there who take these things as a compliment, myself included though im MtF XD. Doesn't bother me.
However, I do get it does bother quite a lot of poeple still, but I feel it becomes hard to state what a person should or shouldn't be allowed to do when you have the interpretation of it as subjective depending on the subject. Though if they keep at it after they know the person doesn't like it... that is where I consider it a problem.

So now the question is ... is taking it as a compliment a masculine trait? That makes me quite curious now that it has been brought up.

MarchinBunny said:
XD Her comment reminded me of that conversation as well. As I said, there are quite a few people out there who take these things as a compliment, myself included though im MtF XD. Doesn't bother me.
However, I do get it does bother quite a lot of poeple still, but I feel it becomes hard to state what a person should or shouldn't be allowed to do when you have the interpretation of it as subjective depending on the subject. Though if they keep at it after they know the person doesn't like it... that is where I consider it a problem.

So now the question is ... is taking it as a compliment a masculine trait? That makes me quite curious now that it has been brought up.

What crosses my boundaries is when a man starts suggesting that I NEED to lose/gain weight or in some other way change my appearance in order to look hot for him. But simply someone being attracted to me because of the body that I happen to have? I have no trouble with it at all.

CrinkleMyJimmies said:
What crosses my boundaries is when a man starts suggesting that I NEED to lose/gain weight or in some other way change my appearance in order to look hot for him. But simply someone being attracted to me because of the body that I happen to have? I have no trouble with it at all.

Ya, I would have an issue with that as well. I think the only exception being is if it's due to health concerns rather than appearance, then I probably wouldn't see it as bad.

CrinkleMyJimmies said:

Could be. My wife tried joining in at dailydiapers.com forums once. After three rude pms, one threatening pm (who got banned), and a dozen rude/lewd/sexual comments to her posts- all in one week- she did not return.

My first though was if treatment for female abdls was like that, then no wonder so few of them are online.

Slomo said:
Could be. My wife tried joining in at dailydiapers.com forums once. After three rude pms, one threatening pm (who got banned), and a dozen rude/lewd/sexual comments to her posts- all in one week- she did not return.

My first though was if treatment for female abdls was like that, then no wonder so few of them are online.

DailyDiapers seems to be a more sexually oriented site though, this is a more general one. I haven't joined it because although this diaper thing for me is partially a sexual kink it's mostly not.

Hell, I'm just incontinent and I get creepy "Do you want mommy to change you?" messages on FetLife all the time, and it's just like "Ew gross, I'm not into diapers as a fetish or sexually, but even if I was, ew gross."

I'd definitely say there are at least as many ABDL females as males but, unfortunately, the harassment is absolutely rampant and out of control pretty much everywhere; if I was a woman, I'd be intimidated at the very least (having recently tried putting myself out on the gay scene and trying bisexuality, I've actually experienced a small fraction of that myself and it really is surreal. Sometimes it makes me feel icky and maybe a bit threatened, not that I ever respond with anything other than a polite 'thank you.')

ClickyKeys said:
Hell, I'm just incontinent and I get creepy "Do you want mommy to change you?" messages on FetLife all the time, and it's just like "Ew gross, I'm not into diapers as a fetish or sexually, but even if I was, ew gross."

I don't know why that is surprising to me, but it is, considering the avatar you use XD.

MarchinBunny said:
I don't know why that is surprising to me, but it is, considering the avatar you use XD.

I don't use the same avatar though on FetLife. This is the one I use on there:
IIIFcQm.png

100x100 Avatar.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back