Wearing in Public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzanza

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, I am tempted to wear in public; honestly, if I could get away with it, I'd wear 24/7. However, I'm concerned about 1. where would I carry the diapers? I don't want it to be obvious by carrying around a diaper bag 2. people noticing; I am unwilling to compromise by wearing a thinner, less noticeable diaper because the thicker diapers hold a lot and it usually takes 2-3 times to completely fill a diaper for me and I just love knowing that the diaper is there.

I could buy a bigger purse, but then I'd have to spend extra money; which is fine, but there's still the matter of how to hide it. Unless, of course, there's a thinner, less noticeable diaper that can still hold an equal amount or close to it; I'd just have to carry a couple extra diapers on me.

It really comes down to your choice of clothing and your attitude. Both make it easy to wear diapers in public. For example, you can wear looser clothing to hide even the most bulky diaper. I don't like tight clothes anyway so this is easy for me to do. If you like or insist on wearing tighter clothes, your diaper will be more noticeable. However, with the right attitude, what does it matter? You're not wearing your diapers on the outside of your clothes, at least I hope not.

The reality is no one cares what you are wearing under your clothes. Diapers are simply another form of underwear. Bulky? usually, yes. Unheard of? No, I don't think so. Those of us who wear diapers tend to think (especially those who haven't worn them all that much) that they are somehow exposing themselves to the world if they go out of the house diapered. I have been wearing diapers off and on my entire life and 24/7 for many years and not once has anybody said anything to me, looked at me differently or whispered under their breath within earshot.

The other aspect you bring up is more of a pain to some. In my case, I always carry a backpack where ever I go and keep my diapers in that. You can carry an oversized purse (I've stuffed diapers in my wife's purse many times) or you can leave them in a special pack/bag in your car and only take it out when you need to change. If you are wearing for the first time for extended periods of time, you will have to modify some things. What I don't recommend is wearing and using a lower quality diaper in public. There's one sure way to embarrass yourself and give away your secret and that's leaks. Good luck.

I my self don't have the option to not wear, so the few things that I do is wear lose fitting clothing, shirts that are little longer that can hide any plastic that may be visible above my belt line and I some times use a back pack to carry spares, or a camera bag but as of late I carry a lap top computer around with me and can easy put a spare in in the computer bag and keep any other extras I may need in my car. but in general no one notices, people don't go around looking for signs of some one in a diaper unless it's another person in a diaper.
in the past for the crinkle of the plastic I carry around lose change with my car keys and that makes enough noise to cover anything else up.

Okay, thanks guys. I'm just new to this since I've only experimented on rare occasion until now. Unfortunately, I don't possess a vehicle so, I'll just get a bigger purse.

Xzanza said:
I am unwilling to compromise by wearing a thinner, less noticeable diaper because the thicker diapers hold a lot and it usually takes 2-3 times to completely fill a diaper for me and I just love knowing that the diaper is there.
If I recall from your other threads, you're using ABUs and haven't really tried any other diapers right? ABUs border on being "comically oversized", and the capacity really is overkill for practical day to day usage (i.e. if you're moving around it'll likely start to fall apart or smell bad from sweat before you actually reach capacity). The higher end medical diapers like Northshore Supreme or ConfiDry 24/7 will give you a comparable practical absorbency in a slightly less bulky package.

Then also keep in mind that you don't need to change while you're out and about, so if carrying a change with you makes you too nervous you don't actually have to. You can put one on, go to the store or whatever, then come home. Since you're not actually incontinent you can always just hold it if you're afraid the diaper is near capacity. My only recommendation as far as carrying changes goes is if you're going to bring one, you might as well bring two. Otherwise if you rip a tape or poke a hole in the new diaper you're gonna have a bad day.

Then for concealment, baggy clothes like everyone else said. As long as you're not wearing skinny jeans no one is going to notice. And even if someone does notice that your pants look a little weird or hears something crinkle, the last thing they're going to think is that it's a diaper.

Let it show !!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

irnub said:
Then also keep in mind that you don't need to change while you're out and about, so if carrying a change with you makes you too nervous you don't actually have to. You can put one on, go to the store or whatever, then come home. Since you're not actually incontinent you can always just hold it if you're afraid the diaper is near capacity. My only recommendation as far as carrying changes goes is if you're going to bring one, you might as well bring two. Otherwise if you rip a tape or poke a hole in the new diaper you're gonna have a bad day.

Even though I'm not actually incontinent, I thoroughly enjoy the process of changing into a new diaper. I know that this was a stupid question and I probably already knew the answers, but I wanted feedback and ideas from people who have been doing this a lot longer than me.

- - - Updated - - -

Babyandy123 said:
Let it show !!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Haha! You make me laugh.

Take a backpack with you, no one thinks a back pack is for diapers. As far as thickness, just wear baggier clothing, virtually no one is looking at your butt.

I wear nappies all the time it's no big deal. No one will notice

Xzanza said:
So, I am tempted to wear in public; honestly, if I could get away with it, I'd wear 24/7. However, I'm concerned about 1. where would I carry the diapers? I don't want it to be obvious by carrying around a diaper bag 2. people noticing; I am unwilling to compromise by wearing a thinner, less noticeable diaper because the thicker diapers hold a lot and it usually takes 2-3 times to completely fill a diaper for me and I just love knowing that the diaper is there.

You don't have to use and change unless you're IC? I wear 24/7 and rarely use during work. Sometimes right before I leave for work though. I've only had to change at work once. I carry an emergency spare diaper in the lid of my lunchbox. (I also carry a few spares in my vehicle where I have more space) Don't forget to carry a 1gal ziploc in case you can't dispose of your wet diaper immediately. Maybe something to cover it up in an open trash can also. (opaque plastic grocery store bag?)

I wear my diaper in public all the time. It's very relaxing and nobody really cares and if they do forget about it. Just don't do a poopy. That will surely get you noticed.

Wear looser, and dark/black clothes. Nobody will notice, even when wearing thick diapers like confidry or abu. They will notice if you have a thin diaper that's leaked though. Also consider a good diaper cover like the gary pul pants. They will contain any potential leaks and smells, as well as reduce any diaper crinkling noise.

Carry a spare diaper (or two) in whater you want. An oversized purse is good, as is a backpack, laptop bag or briefcase. For just the day out, you don't need to worry about bringing creams, powder, wipes, etc so don't bother bringing them along.

the plastic grocery bags work great, you can refold them to a point where they take up almost no space

Well, today I wore in public for the first time; my roommates and I went out to eat, went to some stores and ran errands. I just wore a really long T shirt; it was lovely.

Xzanza said:
Well, today I wore in public for the first time; my roommates and I went out to eat, went to some stores and ran errands. I just wore a really long T shirt; it was lovely.

no pants or shorts?? I'm definitely not that brave

I'm on my way out of the house; I'm wearing an M4 with a pair of sweats overtop, and while you can probably tell I'm wearing a diaper (which, in the name of full disclosure, is kind of what I'm after... ;)) you'd need to be looking. The jacket I'm wearing (almost) masks the sound. However, when I get to where I'm going, outside noise will totally mask it. I was super paranoid about wearing out at first, until I realized just how loud it can be in public places.

Bottom line: put on a diaper and get out of the house. No one will know unless you want them to.

bambinod said:
no pants or shorts?? I'm definitely not that brave

lol no, I wore pants haha

I went through this phase too. I think most people do. If you want to wear full time, which I now do, then you'll probably be wearing in public. As everyone has said above, it's no big deal. There is nothing to be afraid of.

The idea of wearing a good diaper which is bulky and crinkly over one which is thinner but possibly less noticeable is, in my experience, the way to go. I've tried both and, for me, the larger diaper is best. During my work day I now wear either a confidri 24/7 or a Northshore Supreme. I wear a onesie or bodysuit over the diaper which reduces crinkle and holds things in place. Typically , I put a diaper on in the morning and change after I get home in the evening. Most of the time I can avoid the problems of changing at work, but if I can't, I keep spares in my nap sack.

Taking part in ADISC is also very helpful. There have been times when I was stressed, depressed, embarrassed or whatever and I've been able to come here, read some posts, share my own experiences and come away feeling better. There are many sincere and caring people here and it does help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back