Does anyone else who is mostly DL rather than AB feel the same way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrinkleMyJimmies

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
One of the major things that I find exiting about diapers is that I am not only way too old for them but also that I am also way too YOUNG for them. It's like the ultimate age-bender, the ultimate f-u to society telling me I should be like x at a certain age, and my age makes me predictable. A diaper is associated with many things. Childhood, old age, disability, incontinence etc. But stuff like binkies, baby toys, baby bottles, baby clothes etc are PURELY babyish...which kind of makes it lose the specialness that diapers hold for me, even though I can appreciate why many like them.

I added "little" to my title because I feel like this was the option that describes me best even if it's not 100% accurate. I do enjoy age-bending and feeling ageless and not bound by the number my birth certificate says...I also enjoy feeling pure and innocent and occasionally feeling the need to be looked after. However this is not so much mere roleplay as a side to my true personality. I enjoy Lolita/gothic Lolita style fashion. However I have never felt the desire to regress to an infant or a toddler...the youngest I would enjoy feeling would be a tween, 9-12 years old. I want to feel sweet, ageless and loved, but I want to have most of my adult mental faculties, which an infant or toddler does not have.

Nah, you're not too young for diapers. You're not a young as a 2 year old after all.

I am mostly DL with a little AB too. I do not feel like this makes me too old or too young. I am my age, and I enjoy mixing my baby and adult sides. As an example, I actually find that drinking alcohol from a baby bottle is quite logical. It slows my consumption greatly, and protects my drink when the arthritis in my hands causes me to drop it on accident or I'm otherwise just clumsy. At the same time, I too do not seek out trying to get into a little head space, instead I have integrated it into my whole life overall. I may need a cane to get to my doctor's appointments at times, but that doesn't mean I don't also need my teddy bear too.

Well, in my opinion, if there's a company making adult diapers modeled to look like baby diapers then, we're clearly not too old. Personally, I also have some gender-bending tendencies as far as diapers go; I enjoy crawling on all fours, kicking my legs to hear the crinkling and I also wish that I had someone to change my diapers for me. Unfortunately, I'm still too insecure about it to tell anyone. I live with roommates and I'm confident enough to walk around the house in diapers, but I wear a very long T-shirt so, the only way they'd be able to tell is by my waddling or the crinkling sound.

I am 75 years old and have bladder-control problems that arose from a surgical mishap when I was 14. I managed to get by without daytime diapers from my late teens into my mid forties, at which I lost enough of my daytime control to persuade me to wear a diaper 24/7. As a teenager and throughout most of my adulthood, I was "too old" to wear diapers. Now that I'm in my mid seventies, I'm getting into the age group where people sort of accept the idea that incontinence may develop and require wearing a diaper. So in a manner speaking, I've "come of age" for diaper wearing. A big advantage of being "old enough" and also retired is that I am now a lot more relaxed about the idea of people finding out.

The original poster posed a question to people who are mostly DL. I'm an incontinent guy who has learned to appreciate diapers as a result of having to wear them. I think that makes me a somewhat atypical DL, but maybe my experience of getting old enough to wear diapers again may be amusing to some.

For me I think a large component of the diapers is that they can be a sort of loss of independence. e.g. if I decide to wear one while out and about, it limits me from doing things such as using the restroom "normally" or bending over without worrying about my shirt riding up. In theory ageplay should accomplish the same thing but in reality I'm horrible at pretending, so it doesn't really. If someone were to do the "aww, you're too little to do X" thing to me, my knee-jerk response is "oh yeah? watch me!" (which, to be fair, is actually isn't entirely inaccurate to how I was growing up).

I never considered the "too young for them" aspect though, I'll have to do some thinking on that one (and hopefully not be the one to kick off the movement of ageplaying as geriatrics :p )

Maybe we're as mature as we get in our 30s and early 40s - and as we get older we start to regress again - though I think it depends on your life experiences.

This is a great question thanks for asking. Knowing the variety of folk within this scene I am glad there is also some varied answers and insight. I feel that like many aspects of our lives is it what we make of it. I spend time with both DL, AB and sissies and my experience is that there are many crossovers if not complete comparisons between the them. Some feel the label is important and want to be defined by X or Y, which is fine for the most part but I have know DL's who were more AB and AB's who were more like DL's and sissies come in so many different ways that anything is possible. For the most part accepting yourself and being comfortable expressing yourself is paramount. Then any labelling becomes very secondary because you are simply YOU and not a type.

As we grow as people we develop and our tastes may change. Mood may change what you need or feel at any time and sometimes even stumbling across something we were unaware of before can lead us down a completely different path. We may even go back to things we have not done for a while as we miss them or find another who makes it exciting again. One thing I always ask my littles and sissies to do after I have met with them is to reflect on their experience and think if anything could have been better or even different. This is mostly for their own understanding of themselves but also for my own development as a caregiver. The lines between AB and DL are so blurred at times I may find myself crossing things that the person may not want to or doing things they were not really all that into.

Another aspect I find fascinating is how some stay in the little space for what seems an eternity while some ebb and flow between adulting and babying with ease and smoothness that is very impressive. I too notice how I can switch between being mummy and friend at a moments notice. It is not always possible or acceptable to be role-playing at all times so this ability to switch in and out is something I have come accustomed to as I have grown into my role. I find adaptability can be a great key to happiness as being to rigid and unable to mould into another persons needs can lead to a lack of enjoyment for both.

Getting to the point about diapers being more universal and baby items being just for babies, I have a point to make. When I play with an AB then the baby items are just that, for baby. But, if I play with a DL or sissy who may want to be forced to regress the items can take on a whole new meaning, that around degradation and humiliation to fulfil the role-play. Same with the diapers, if I am spending time with a DL then the diapers are just there to satisfy a need. When using them on a sissy they may take on the role of a punishment tool or again to humiliate and create the role-play. So it is all very much crisscrossing again just like the state of minds between ABDL and sissy types.

irnub said:
I never considered the "too young for them" aspect though, I'll have to do some thinking on that one (and hopefully not be the one to kick off the movement of ageplaying as geriatrics :p )

I wouldn't say I want to ageplay as a "geriatrics" but sometimes I enjoy imagining that I am much older (as well as sometimes much younger) than my real age and it feels very warm and satisfying to me!

irnub said:
For me I think a large component of the diapers is that they can be a sort of loss of independence. e.g. if I decide to wear one while out and about, it limits me from doing things such as using the restroom "normally" or bending over without worrying about my shirt riding up. In theory ageplay should accomplish the same thing but in reality I'm horrible at pretending, so it doesn't really. If someone were to do the "aww, you're too little to do X" thing to me, my knee-jerk response is "oh yeah? watch me!" (which, to be fair, is actually isn't entirely inaccurate to how I was growing up).

I find my self at loss to understanding your comment on diapers being a loss of independence?
I need then to be independent and I have no problems at all using a public restroom if I have to, just because your wearing a diaper does not mean you must use it, they can slide down just like underwear and if your a male you can still use a urinal just in the same way you would wearing underwear, I regularly use the bathrooms where I work at and use the urinal with some on in the next stall still not know that anything is different.
There is absolutely no reason you can't live a full independent life while wearing diapers.

back on topic I have always found my self more of a DL I don't like regressing to a point where I lose my independence, 9-12 is ideal for me as that was appoint in my life where I was happy, I still have most of my plush animals from then as well and leave them scattered all over my home mixed in with a collections of kinds of stuff but having them around makes me comfortable, if I stay at a friends house for more then a day or two I will even take one of them with me, a Folkmanis Dragon puppet named "Dwago" I named him after a Dragon I used to role-play with in the past. I bought him while on vacation to Las Vegas in 2001, in my cubical at work I have a beanie baby dragon called Scorch and two Lion King toys, I find I can deal with stress better with them around. When I worked at a tv shop I used to leave one toy, Scar on a coworkers oscilloscope as a joke, he had toys of own but did not like Scar and usually found him back on my equipment the next day. I am Autistic so I think at one point I just stopped maturing at a rate as my peers have. It honestly used to bother me a lot when I became aware of this and some times still does.
I used to be told I was too old for diapers then too young for diapers but after the diagnosis of autism my family dropped the criticism altogether as long as I kept things discreet

i do not know, to me or being more generic DLs does not have the diaper with connotations of kids behavior or kids elements towards diapers, i mean about do not add an kids connotation to the subject, just wear because is comfortable or other reasons but do not feel that the diaper has an infantile connotation as for think in onesies, pacifiers and the whole things on AB story, i just started with the DL part and the kids diaper frontal tapes with the design were nice to me,but from there to want use pacifiers,onesie or behave as an real baby there is my border, that time just wore an baby diaper and did not wet them, i also never have added an connotation of kid elements to them just diapers to me might be sexual, i think there is not an taboo to say it .

already when i am wearing out in public am careful with bend and such things, to me do not care a lot that watch or not watch sinbce you are on the street your privacity is gone logically but since the world today is full of idiots that would think whatever or add connotations where there are not, is better keep things on private

am not saying that ab be wrong, just is fine to me also the key difference is if to the diapers add some kids elements or behaviors that are of babies or kids, that is why AB/DL are called in psychology paraphilia but while do not harm to anybody is ok, many people that are incontinent or needs to wear for medical needs also might eventually turn AB or DL because that helps them to deal with the aduylthood problems or a kind of isolation to the everyday as an adult sometimes and i find that is respetable and fine

DracoAmericanus said:
I find my self at loss to understanding your comment on diapers being a loss of independence?
I need then to be independent and I have no problems at all using a public restroom if I have to, just because your wearing a diaper does not mean you must use it, they can slide down just like underwear and if your a male you can still use a urinal just in the same way you would wearing underwear, I regularly use the bathrooms where I work at and use the urinal with some on in the next stall still not know that anything is different.
There is absolutely no reason you can't live a full independent life while wearing diapers.

It's a sense of loss of independence only for those who are role playing. As babies or toddlers, we have no independence for all the obvious reasons, we're totally dependent on our parents. For those who are role playing, regression allows one to go back in their mind to the state of being "little", a baby or toddler. Using diapers and baby items aid that mental journey, making it possible for the role player to feel like they are either a baby or toddler, thus the object, the diaper, making one feel independent like a toddler is.

As for me, I've made the journey from being young and a DL, someone who because of starting young, remembers what it was like as a teenager. Now I'm at the other end of life and I'm both AB and DL. I think MotherFaith really nailed it. How we experience enjoying diapers, whether we're DL, AB, sissy and other aspects, can be fluid, both at the time it's happening, and throughout our journey with the passing years. I watched myself change slowly and subtly from mostly DL to AB/DL. I've given some thought to my age now and how older people sometimes need diapers, but it doesn't affect how I regress or my enjoyment of diapers. I don't think that will ever change.

I guess my question was just from the point of wearing a diaper while out doing normal daily stuff, I did not get the feeling that the author of that post was talking about being in the ABDL mind set at that point of time, that's why I was kinda puzzled by that post, not in the context of being in role-play mode but just doing one's normal life out and about.

I feel like an outsider either way because its not the norm, nor will it ever be, but the older I get, the less I care. The way I look at life these days, life is the Mardi Gras of particles of dust. While the parties going on where the mask but when all is said and done we go back to dust so what does it matter after it all what you were wearing during the carnival then?

I started wearing diapers 15 years ago. I just enjoy the relaxing stress relief that being in a diaper brings. The emotional and physical sensations are very satisfying.

DracoAmericanus said:
Keeping in mind that I'm not IC, wearing diapers just adds another inconvenient step, particularly if out and about. Yes it's possible to slide one down and use the toilet, but it's not as quick and easy as underwear and in my experience the diaper never fits right after and is prone to leaking/sagging. As a result, when I put a diaper on I'm generally in it until it reaches a capacity that makes it worth changing.

Then with the headspace or RP aspect, being put in a diaper and being not allowed/not able to change it yourself also fits that criteria. At that point you can't just use the bathroom whenever you want. Or I guess you can, but then you're going to be wet until a caretaker or whoever decides you can change.

irnub said:
Then with the headspace or RP aspect, being put in a diaper and being not allowed/not able to change it yourself also fits that criteria. At that point you can't just use the bathroom whenever you want. Or I guess you can, but then you're going to be wet until a caretaker or whoever decides you can change.

I'm also into bdsm so I can get this. :cool:

I understand what you mean , i enjoy age bending and feeling ageless and the youngest i would ever regress to is 8 or 9 and that's just personal preference , i can Def relate to wanting to feel sweet, ageless and loved, whilst having your adult traits . I have taken little in and out my name due to it not being accurate and because i dont wanna be misjudged but now i'm thinking about it . but yea over time you prob know that there are people on this site like me and you that sorta feel the same about stuff .

Joaomoeoso said:
I understand what you mean , i enjoy age bending and feeling ageless and the youngest i would ever regress to is 8 or 9 and that's just personal preference , i can Def relate to wanting to feel sweet, ageless and loved, whilst having your adult traits . I have taken little in and out my name due to it not being accurate and because i dont wanna be misjudged but now i'm thinking about it . but yea over time you prob know that there are people on this site like me and you that sorta feel the same about stuff .

Sounds like me. I sometimes want to feel like I need to be physically taken care of but roleplaying someone who has minimal reasoning faculties like an infant/toddler holds no appeal for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back