Vintage Goodnites and Pull-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good finds, shame you can't get em

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Some people actually use products like this as investments. They buy them cheap just before the run on that product is up. The 10 years later sell it for a big profit. Of course this only works good if you have an unused room or conditioned basement that is otherwise unused and good for storage.

As a side note, the Pull-Ups are foreign. Look at the size (M instead of 2T-3T etc.), the different languages, and the lack of licensed characters.

Slomo said:
Some people actually use products like this as investments. They buy them cheap just before the run on that product is up. The 10 years later sell it for a big profit. Of course this only works good if you have an unused room or conditioned basement that is otherwise unused and good for storage.
And people like me spend a good amount of money on vintage diapers and Pull Ups like these, unless you've got good connections and can negotiate good deals.

What country do you think those are from?

I'm guessing Korea or Hong Kong

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
As a side note, the Pull-Ups are foreign. Look at the size (M instead of 2T-3T etc.), the different languages, and the lack of licensed characters.

Drrockclub said:
What country do you think those are from?

bigbluehusky said:
I'm guessing Korea or Hong Kong

The pictures of the side of the package list contact info for Kimberly-Clark in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Indonesia, so they were probably sold in one of those countries - but the side of the package apparently says made in the USA.

It surprises me that they are made in the US. It also suprises me that these are not expensive. Other listing has 2 or 3 of these for 20.

They're from the mid 2000's. Of course, "vintage" means something different to each of us, but for most who will be searching eBay for vintage baby diapers, these probably don't quite qualify. Hence the pricing. (And there's the foreign thing.)

Every once in a while, I'll see a bag of ~10-year-old diapers priced at several hundred dollars on eBay, but they don't usually move at that price. On the other hand, anything from the 90's seems to be worth more than its weight in gold! Ouch.

Drrockclub said:
Where are all these coming from.

From people like me. I'm more of a collector. I've always been really bad about getting several packages, and then a new print comes out. So, I'll put the packages away, and get the new ones.

I've been doing it for years. I'm at a point now where I've got 8 or 9 very large storage tubs filled with various Goodnite packages from over the years. I've got several unopened packages of every (boy) print that's been made, including the old white ones.

Slomo said:

I've never thought about doing it as an investment. But I guess it's gotten to that point. I posted in a forum last year, and I got a bunch of messages from people wanting to buy them. I also have a bunch of older diapers too. I have a bunch of the luvs diapers with Blues Clues & ones with Barney, and some others. I even have several packages of the old plastic Luvs and Pampers.

Here's a link to that post where several of us were posting pictures.

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthr...-quot-history-of-GoodNites-DryNites-UnderJams

Last edited:
Mattew said:
From people like me. I'm more of a collector. I've always been really bad about getting several packages, and then a new print comes out. So, I'll put the packages away, and get the new ones.

I've been doing it for years. I'm at a point now where I've got 8 or 9 very large storage tubs filled with various Goodnite packages from over the years. I've got several unopened packages of every (boy) print that's been made, including the old white ones.

I've never thought about doing it as an investment. But I guess it's gotten to that point. I posted in a forum last year, and I got a bunch of messages from people wanting to buy them. I also have a bunch of older diapers too. I have a bunch of the luvs diapers with Blues Clues & ones with Barney, and some others. I even have several packages of the old plastic Luvs and Pampers.

Here's a link to that post where several of us were posting pictures.

https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthr...-quot-history-of-GoodNites-DryNites-UnderJams

I want the XL white ones so bad. I just hate it when some ebay sellers sell those for over $200 and even a pack of 2 for over $30.

Really? Damn. I used to have some of those. Might still. Have to check.

Mattew said:
Really? Damn. I used to have some of those. Might still. Have to check.
God I want the XL white ones so bad. I just hate it when some ebay sellers sell those for over $200 and even a pack of 2 for over $30.

AnimeDude892 said:
I want the XL white ones so bad. I just hate it when some ebay sellers sell those for over $200 and even a pack of 2 for over $30.

I'm not sure if I'm going to sell anything at this time. I've been contacted by many people that want the XL ones.

Speaking of Vintage Goodnites, I've read that some people say that the first GN's were not cloth covered? I never seen those. I do know that if you carefully remove the thin cloth cover, there is plastic.
I also remember the diaper inside the boxer shorts was plastic. Does anyone have any info on this?

12srepaid said:
Speaking of Vintage Goodnites, I've read that some people say that the first GN's were not cloth covered? I never seen those. I do know that if you carefully remove the thin cloth cover, there is plastic.
I also remember the diaper inside the boxer shorts was plastic. Does anyone have any info on this?

First generation Goodnites were cloth covered. Yes, most of the Goodnites cloth cover could be removed to reveal the plastic.

Yes, the pant inside the boxers was plastic.

I've got all of those in my Goodnites collection.

Mattew said:
First generation Goodnites were cloth covered. Yes, most of the Goodnites cloth cover could be removed to reveal the plastic.

Yes, the pant inside the boxers was plastic.

I've got all of those in my Goodnites collection.

Speaking of cloth and plastic covers...

I know I'd heard it mentioned before, but I never really saw it for myself until the other day, that below those cloth covers (on Huggies Pull-Ups anyway) is still plastic. I pealed off the material and lo and behold, there it is. I'm assuming regular baby diapers are still like that too? It's just a little weird to me. Is the cloth backing really serving and purpose then?

Purely you try to muffle any crinkling I'm guessing, so plastic doesn't rub on clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back