If you were a parent, would you make your children wear diapers longer than necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trevor said:
I'd call that child abuse.

Thank-you, this guy gets it. I'd extend that to 'letting them choose' FFS, allowing a healthy child past the age of 3/4 to defecate or urinate themselves on a daily basis when they could be taught not to is equally neglectful imho.

Wow

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

I would say let them wear them if they want or need to. If it makes bedwetting easier to cope with that is good. If it means they do it have accidents on long trips , that is also good. If a child has accidents while playing computer games and wants to wear just in case as someone said. That is ok, but it must be their choice

Thsts true

It was hard for me. I was made to wear diapers longer so i have mixed feelings

If I had kids, I'd get them out of diapers by age 4. I wouldn't force kids back into them. If they want to keep wearing diapers, that's their decision, I wouldn't mind changing them at age 10 or something, but that's only if they prefer it. If not, I keep my fetish to myself and let them find out what my kids want to do during their spare time. If they wanted to be put back in diapers, I'd actually yes, all they have to do is ask.

In a nutshell? Absolutely no way. I go by the "don't force your kink on others" rule. I don't have kids but if/when I do I'll follow the exact same schedule as any vanilla non ABDL would.

Last edited:
Honestly, no. It isn't right. My kids, barring some unforeseen medical condition, will be potty trained as normal. I have absolutely no issue if they end up gaining an interest later on in life for diapers (and obviously I'd be supportive of it), but they'll be potty trained normally otherwise. It's the right thing to do, not to mention I don't needs to be dealing with CYS over my hypothetical 6 year old going to school in Pampers (barring a medical condition).

I think MarchinBunny said it well.

My opinion would be a child must be potty trained as usual. At that young of an age, not wanting to potty train is probably just laziness and stubbornness. They are highly unlikely to be considering the inconvenience of being diapered and having to be changed and school, or the potential of teasing by classmates. At potty training age, it's impossible for their choice to be a well-informed choice.

If however, at an older age, say preteen or teens, they desire to return to diapers at their own choice, then I would be supportive and try to help make sure they understand the ramifications of their choice (risk of discovery by peers, appropriate behavior, etc).

BabelBilly said:
what would you do if your, let's say, 9 year-old begins to wet his or her bed every night?
First, I'd imagine, take him/her to the doctor, right?
Then, provide proper bed-wetting clothing, right?
If they continue, then obviously they would require protection-whether or not the child "likes" it.
Would that be considered child abuse? At my age, I'm not about to have kids or marry into any any time soon...just curious. Very interesting discussion I may add

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Of course any responsible parent would do that. Though obviously this scenario has nothing to do with forcing them to have sex in those diapers either- ie, a diaper fetish.

Let me ask this scenario too though. You do have a diaper fetish, and your sex life couldn't be any better. To the best of your knowledge your 9 year old doesn't know about it though. Then one day he says he wants to start wearing diapers, and is adamant about it enough to start wetting the bed (most likely on purpose).

Would you welcome him into your bedroom and start showing him how to engage in a diaper fetish as well. Or more likely would you maybe give him a diaper for using on his own, simply because he loves wearing them as a diaper lover.

See, the difference between sexual diaper fetishes and diaper lovers is a very clear one. Sharing a fetish with any kid is a serious crime. Allowing a teen diaper lover to flourish in a safe manner is just good parenting.

If I had kids, which I probably never will, and if they asked me I'd ask what kind of issues they were having or if they just wanted them "just in case" and give them whatever would be appropriate, and take them to whatever doctor would be appropriate if appropriate.

Granted with me being incontinent and pretty open about not being ashamed of incontinence I'd make sure they knew that there was nothing wrong with wearing diapers and I'd keep a pack spare around for them and just let them know if they ever needed them to not be afraid to ask.

Slomo said:
Of course any responsible parent would do that. Though obviously this scenario has nothing to do with forcing them to have sex in those diapers either- ie, a diaper fetish.

Let me ask this scenario too though. You do have a diaper fetish, and your sex life couldn't be any better. To the best of your knowledge your 9 year old doesn't know about it though. Then one day he says he wants to start wearing diapers, and is adamant about it enough to start wetting the bed (most likely on purpose).

Would you welcome him into your bedroom and start showing him how to engage in a diaper fetish as well. Or more likely would you maybe give him a diaper for using on his own, simply because he loves wearing them as a diaper lover.

See, the difference between sexual diaper fetishes and diaper lovers is a very clear one. Sharing a fetish with any kid is a serious crime. Allowing a teen diaper lover to flourish in a safe manner is just good parenting.

As much as i would dislike it if my own child had this interest, i would accept it. Anything when regarding the diaper lover scenario, simply explaining things to him and telling him that its perfectly ok and theres nothing wrong with it behind closed doors is all thats really needed. Build rapport. I agree with you though, ANYTHING sexual or fetish related needs to be kept seperate from you and a child. It doesnt matter, even when theres a difference between dl and df. Support the child in a positive manner making them feel good about themselves and being DL. I definitely wouldnt be "sharing" the whole DL concept with him/her though, thats just wrong. Even when theres no "sexual" component involved with being DL apparently. In all honesty, I personally wear for sexual reasons mostly, so it wouldn't be something id be comfortable with at all. I would keep it as distant between us as possible.

No. Obviously no. I'll pile on and agree with the many that stated that as the OP's question was originally stated, that would be child abuse. All of the other scenarios whereby you might ALLOW your child to wear diapers longer, like bedwetting, are just that "scenarios"... They have nothing to do with the question asked. Of course, if your child wets the bed, diapers and/or pullups must be considered. Of course, if your child has recurring "accidents", then diapers and/or pullups must be considered. Of course, if your child has problems potty training, then diapers and/or pullups must be considered. If your child just doesn't want to potty train, that's tough. It's not their decision to make. It's the parents' decision. Pre-adolescent children don't GET to make adult decisions that can impact the rest of their lives. If, after they are potty-trained, they decide at some point that they just "like" being diapered, and want to start wearing diapers AGAIN, then that's a whole other conversation. Preferably one to be had with a family therapist, counselor or Child Psychologist.

What any responsible parent DOESN'T do is "make" their child wear diapers longer than is necessary, for any reason.

"Makes" implies that child either no longer needs them, or doesn't want to wear them, or both. That's called "Diaper Punishment" or "Diaper Discipline", and while it's an accepted fantasy scenario, anybody advocating using it on an actual child, is just asking for permission to psychologically abuse and stigmatize an innocent, no matter their intent.

Would I make my child wear diapers if they didn't want to or force them? No way in hell.

If they showed interest after being fully trained or wanted to then I'd talk them about it and allow it in the the privacy of our home and not allow others to know.

I'd supportive not abusing.

Last edited:
Note I never had kids. I think it depends on what happening at the time. We can take my nephew. 4 to 9 years old. Coming or going from my house. A hour drive. Parents saying well if you complain you have to pee next to the car. That a pedophiles dream. Me it would be explaining to them hay last time your bladder did not make it and we had to stop Maybe protect your self. Would I force them? no. But I would explain to them diapers are not just for babies. Diapers are great for long movies and long drives and bed time.

I'm going to step in and say this thread has run its course. Doing something like this would constitute mental abuse of your child. Don't do it; don't consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back