The worst mistake of my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ah,, dragon.

I'm not much for posting on forums but I think I can help you out. I have plenty of exp. being "down and out" if you will?
Well it looks like most of the people responding have had some experience with this also. so skip what I was going to say.
(really not trying to knock anyone here, really) you DO NOT want to become a trucker or have a CDL from Cali. being from Oregon this may seem prejudice and in truth there is some, however you can look into this for yourself, if you are camping out at a truck stop. just go into the truckers lounge and start a convo with some one about it.
California has the absolute worst trucking laws in the nation! you will find your self in trouble just for being in a truck in cali. DOT there suck.
It is so bad that entire trucking companies have left and many, many truckers just will not go there. the risk is just too high no matter what the pay is.

I don't really want to say "trust me on this" but you gotta trust me on this!

there's that and, well, not even a year ago I was camping out at a truck stop and other places. sure, in my van. and camping out in my van was actually kinda great. but I was also meeting people camping in there cars and for them, not so great.

I get that your scared. I really do understand what your going through.
Homeless shelters are definitely not your option if you wish to get your feet under you again. also if you like holding onto what possessions you have, and your dignity, virtue or virginity. (not saying that....) avoid homeless shelters.

and really try not to be scared.
genuinely the people I have met camping out at the many different places I have, are mostly just that. PEOPLE!
just like you and me. I have found that the people you meet in your similar situation are generally more humble, closer to god, (yeah I said it) and more willing to help others than you would think. BUT on that same note, never let your guard down.

this is way longer then I wanted it to be, but the point is, I really think I can give you some help with advice and thing or resources to look into. But not here.

and always remember this. You are not a failure. our government system has failed you.

some of the people I have met were very successful, yet there they were, entire families BBQing at a park with me because they had no where else to go after what the Gov system had done to them.

if you would, Please try and contact me. I only want to help.

Oh yeah, and ta hell with swift. you might try looking into England trucking. they're a bunch of A-holes but almost never say no to anybody, and they'll put you up in a dorm for while they train you.

- - - Updated - - -

RESUME: class A bum.

Homeless EXP.
1) Eugene, Portland OR.
2) Denver CO.
* exotic locals include
3) Big Island, HI (the whole Island) Kona, Hilo, Pahoa, Kea-au, and so on....

also:
I attended Julliard, Graduate: Harvard Business & Law.
I've lived through the black plague, I've seen the "Exorcist" a hundred and sixty seven Times AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER, every time I see it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back