The worst mistake of my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
kerry said:
You are more impressive every time I see one of your posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Back up a sec.

You keep referring only to living plans. What are your long term goals and life plans? I don't think you've mentioned them in this thread. The reason I ask is: MeTaLMaNN1983 had a pretty good suggestion. If you don't currently have a life plan, getting a trucker's license and a job that way can give you security, an income, and (as he said) a place to sleep. Truck stops feature showers and places to eat, and life on the road for a living has got to beat life in a parking lot without one.

My long term goals is to eventually get a job for either carnival or Disney cruise lines also to trade in my car for a automatic although I can drive a stick shift then get a motorcycle for recreational use. Become a motorcycle mechanic, take scuba diving lessons that I been wanting to do for a while now I'm still going to do that . I can go on an on I have so many goals,dreams, and desires that they could fill 3 cruise ships as for showers I wash up in the sink at work just get a wet wash cloth and some body wash and go it the stalls with some flip flops on

w0lfpack91 said:
Apply to Swift they have a terminal in Decatur. They will train you to drive and house you for free. Driving is not for everyone but it will get you off the street and back on your feet with a roof over your head in the meantime. PM me if you want I do training for them.

I tried when you recommend it but they said I have to wait until my next birthday before they would take me because I got into some trouble in the past and they require ten years if never got in any legal trouble then they would have taken me on the spot

Ah gotcha.

w0lfpack91 said:
Ah gotcha.

I was thinking what if I told them about my situation do you think they would wave the waiting time and take me on now

To: Starrunner Now I am thinking about staying a truck stop so all I have to worry about is food, gas, and car insurance. I'm a little scared about going to a homeless shelter unless I can stay in my car with the doors locked because in California I was helping to feed the homeless through Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church and some would have panic attacks and one almost took a swing at me. I just don't want no trouble. I Will go if they let me stay in my car where it's just me

I tried staying at a dog park during the day and sleeping at Walmart at night and that was working out wonderfully until somebody called the public works or whatever they are called on me and the park is free to the public so I don't see what the problem was so I went to my job and told my boss what happened and she let me hangout at the restaurant during the day. I have a extended stay hotel room but don't know how long I will be able to keep it .
Worst case scenario I will go to a homeless shelter or become a truck driver

Don't get stuck in the hotel room thing because you won't be able to afford much more than that. You won't be able to save money. I've been I your exact situation. You'll have no money pretty soon. You've got to be proactive if you don't want to be stuck in your current situation. Go get your CDL through a truck driving company, and save up for a place of your own.

The food service industry will not get you anywhere from here, you'll get little money and spend it right up or take a much longer time.

Just don't make the mistake of not being proactive about this. The more you dwell, the more you will fall. It will be harder to recover, and reroute your life.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Don't get stuck in the hotel room thing because you won't be able to afford much more than that. You won't be able to save money. I've been I your exact situation. You'll have no money pretty soon. You've got to be proactive if you don't want to be stuck in your current situation. Go get your CDL through a truck driving company, and save up for a place of your own.

The food service industry will not get you anywhere from here, you'll get little money and spend it right up or take a much longer time.

Just don't make the mistake of not being proactive about this. The more you dwell, the more you will fall. It will be harder to recover, and reroute your life.

I don't think this is going to be a problem because I have two sources of income one is from my job which is about $400 every two weeks and the other one is from the Social Security Administration for about $753 a month so between them both if I play my cards right I can afford to stay in the room and with the money from my Social Security I can reach my goal of getting my own place in Pennsylvania

- - - Updated - - -

Marka said:
Some people, are just as, if-not more protective of their dogs - as they are of their children... Someone may have got the notion, that you might be casing, for a dog-napping (stealing a dog to keep or sell)...

Another possibility is, someone may have thought, that you had a dog, unsupervised in the play area...

Either way (or, whatever other potential reason), it's precisely why you need a good rotation for your day/night stays... while you're in your car...

People start seeing you in one area for several times in a row and, for hours on end; they start to get suspicious or concerned, for and of your presence.

Some, may see perfectly well - that you are homeless and, associate that with troubles that they hear about or, have witnessed - relating to general homeless activities... and, their associated, real or perceived disrespect or lack of apparent concern for, laws and property and, health issues...

My best to you and, I'm glad that you brought your boss in on the situation!
-Marka

People will invest in you - especially when, it at least appears that you are making reasonable efforts for yourself and, that you have respect and appreciation of their offerings.
I guess I should have known that was going to happen but staying in the dog park during the day for long hours at a time but I was more worried about fuel and not getting lost because without my GPS I don't know where I'm going

Last edited:
You can always check into finding a place to rent. Try crashing at a friend's or coworkers. Life isn't easy but it has to start somewhere. My parents kicked me out at like 19-20 all I had was a car and a job at dominos. I was fortunate enough to have friends so good that I call them my second family and I moved in to their living room for a while. I was supposed to pay them something like 150 or 200 and help out with chores. But maybe a month or two after moving in I lost my job at dominos. It took me almost a year to find another job all the while I was racking up a small debt with my new fam and tensions were building. Eventually I met a guy and we moved in together and that got me out of there, in time I paid back my second family and I have been building up my life almost completely on my own ever since. Now 6-7 years later I rent a room in a house with 4 other really cool and accepting guys who also have how to say taboo interests. I do whatever whenever with next to no questions. My second family borrows money from me and even my parents have come to respect and admire me. In the last year I finally found a good job and making 15/hr I have next to no worries monetarily.

I'm not trying to rub it in, but just look at my life experience for example. I started out pretty bad and then everything got worse, but step by step everything gradually comes together and gets better. Just be patient and do what you have to. At least you have a car and a job. Many people don't even have that much.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

askmelater47 said:
You can always check into finding a place to rent. Try crashing at a friend's or coworkers. Life isn't easy but it has to start somewhere. My parents kicked me out at like 19-20 all I had was a car and a job at dominos. I was fortunate enough to have friends so good that I call them my second family and I moved in to their living room for a while. I was supposed to pay them something like 150 or 200 and help out with chores. But maybe a month or two after moving in I lost my job at dominos. It took me almost a year to find another job all the while I was racking up a small debt with my new fam and tensions were building. Eventually I met a guy and we moved in together and that got me out of there, in time I paid back my second family and I have been building up my life almost completely on my own ever since. Now 6-7 years later I rent a room in a house with 4 other really cool and accepting guys who also have how to say taboo interests. I do whatever whenever with next to no questions. My second family borrows money from me and even my parents have come to respect and admire me. In the last year I finally found a good job and making 15/hr I have next to no worries monetarily.

I'm not trying to rub it in, but just look at my life experience for example. I started out pretty bad and then everything got worse, but step by step everything gradually comes together and gets better. Just be patient and do what you have to. At least you have a car and a job. Many people don't even have that much.

I thought about getting a room for rent but I don't have the money for that yet but that's my goal to save up enough money to get out of the state of Georgia and get a room for rent

At least you have a goal. Figure out a plan and stick to it. If that plan isn't working then make another one. Never give up. Make your goals happen, that is how life works.

The Salvation Army will put up the homeless for a couple of weeks. If things get tight you might try that. Churches can also sometimes help as they should be committed to helping those in need. Our church does.

dogboy said:
The Salvation Army will put up the homeless for a couple of weeks. If things get tight you might try that. Churches can also sometimes help as they should be committed to helping those in need. Our church does.
OK I'll give it a try if things get worse hopefully not.

If you can, try and figure out what you want to do as a job/career before you move. Go online and see what states/cities are hiring in that field, and what the average pay might be. Even a truck driver gets paid better in say, california than rhode island. (I'm guessing)

Slomo said:
If you can, try and figure out what you want to do as a job/career before you move. Go online and see what states/cities are hiring in that field, and what the average pay might be. Even a truck driver gets paid better in say, california than rhode island. (I'm guessing)

I'M currently trying to get a job at Walmart so I will already have a job when I make my move to Pennsylvania and I'm a little worried about how I am going to find a room for rent when I'm not in the state of Pennsylvania. I have been looking online from my phone with no success except for apartments that cost to much to get into without some kind of financial help but I will keep trying hopefully something comes up to where I can move in right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back