Diaper rash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mineral oil, aka baby oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could use some recommendations for barrier / rash creams in Europe. I have gotten myself a really bad rash lately. Waiting for some sudocrem to arrive, meanwhile I'm trying to cope with seni brand zink ointment from watercress, and ordinary lotion, as I tend to dry completely out in my diaper area. So European brands are highly appreciated.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI M2-801W med Tapatalk

NotTheAverageMan said:
I could use some recommendations for barrier / rash creams in Europe. I have gotten myself a really bad rash lately. Waiting for some sudocrem to arrive, meanwhile I'm trying to cope with seni brand zink ointment from watercress, and ordinary lotion, as I tend to dry completely out in my diaper area. So European brands are highly appreciated.

Sendt fra min HUAWEI M2-801W med Tapatalk

If you can get calmoseptine get that.

Maybe my skin is tougher than most. I usually wear for extended periods of time when in public, mainly because of my detesting public changes. Sometimes I end up with a large BM ( I use a bulk producing fiber supplement to keep my BM's solid ) for several hours until I can get home and have a proper change and shower. I never can get clean enough ( ocd? ) during a public change. With the Metamucil I take ( 4 large doses seem to work best at keeping things solid ) I have increased frequency and much larger volume so any public excursion brings with it one or two large BM's. I use Nullo, liberal amounts of Desitin ointment (zinc oxide ) as barrier protection and heavy gauge plastic pants. When I know I'm going to be out for more than a few hours I run a pinwheel over the plastic shell of my Confi-dry 24/7 disposable and add a pull-up cloth diaper for extra capacity. It also adds security if stool migrates outside my disposable though it's rare. So sometimes I end up in a wet, soiled diaper for hours. I know most try and change asap but I just can't get comfortable with a public change. I do air-out my skin at every opportunity and for some reason I rarely have had rashes. Sometimes I do get a bit itchy on my hips after extended wear which is understandable and neccessitates a dry-out session. Once, years ago ( I've been bowel IC for over 20 years ), I got a rash on my groin that simply would not heal. In fact, it just seemed to get worse with each passing day. I was miserable and uncomfortable. I had tried every remedy I could find with no results. It got so bad that I finally went to the doctors. He said, get this, it was a yeast infection. He prescribed Nystatin/Tramcinolone Acetonide ointment and it cleared up in a matter of days. To think I suffered for weeks with open sores on my groin when all I needed was an office visit. I think most think I'm nuts to stay in a wet, soiled diaper for so long but I am actually used to it. As long as I can avoid rashes I really have no problem with it. With the use of Nullo and plastic pants few if anyone can notice. Yes, I am wearing quite a lot of diaper but I'm an expert at remaining stealth. I've had very few comments over the years and most were extremely respectful. Bottom line - I think some of us just have tougher skin. For those with more sensitive skin I suggest liberal amounts of a zinc oxide based barrier ointment along with frequently airing out your skin. Since I shower after every BM change I am always very clean (at least I start out that way ). And most importantly, don't hesitate going to the doctors for a rash that won't heal.

Have you tried Tena Flex? They are a belt design so there's nothing covering your hips at all. They are cloth-backed but I have used them for years with no problems in that regard. Absorbency is excellent. Only thing is, they're not good at night if you sleep on your side, and they're more expensive than ordinary nappies. I get mine from Incontinence Choice which seems to be the cheapest option in the UK.

Or better yet, any really good diaper that is able to keep wetness away from your skin. Tena is ok, but there's better out there, like confidry or Northshore as example.

Slomo said:
there's better out there, like confidry or Northshore as example.

OP is in the UK. Neither of those brands are available here.

downtide said:
OP is in the UK. Neither of those brands are available here.

Yes I know, that's why I said "like confidry or northshore".

I understand betterdry is available in the UK. They are actually even better than confidry too for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back