Not open for further replies.

LittleTraumas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Who do you visit for nursery time?

Looking for someone loving, caring, into the non-sexual side of AB/DL.

Reactions: MissMummyUK
Haha....I saw the thread title and I thought of mummies, the dead, wrapped up kind. I'm sure the mummy from "The Curse of the Mummy" would make a terrible caretaker. Still, if you're interested in finding a mummy, I'd go to Egypt.

dogboy said:
Haha....I saw the thread title and I thought of mummies, the dead, wrapped up kind. I'm sure the mummy from "The Curse of the Mummy" would make a terrible caretaker. Still, if you're interested in finding a mummy, I'd go to Egypt.

^^that's too funny! XD

but i am sure if you find a lot of Mummies or daddies in England all over the place.

Btw becareful because there are fake ones out there.

sbmccue said:
I can highly recommend Mummy Grace in Nottingham - www.MummyGrace.co.uk

She sounds great, but... I've always been put off by the idea that it's going to be insanely expensive:

I provide an exclusive service to a select clientele. The therapeutic care I provide is unique; my three years' training as a general nurse, and four as a psychotherapist, means I charge commensurately. I do not apologise for providing a quality service. If cost is the deciding factor I respectfully suggest I may not be a good fit for you.
https://www.mummygrace.co.uk/faqs

I'm guessing that's over £250 an hour...?

In some ways I'd love to have a nanny/mummy, but I think I'd need a few hours (maybe overnight) to sort-of relax into it. That starts getting expensive very quickly. :-(

Yes, Pro-DOM "Mommies" are expensive.
I could never afford to visit one.
But I can fantasize about being cared for by a "Mommy".

caitianx said:
But I can fantasize about being cared for by a "Mommy".

I think the fantasy might be better than reality, anyway... :dunno:

Mummy Grace doesn't charge £250 per hour. I don't recall her hourly rate offhand, but she's significantly cheaper than that.

I've only had a few overnights with sitters in the US. You're correct; they can be insanely expensive. Mummy Grace, on the other hand, has extensive psych training and should be able to help you 'relax into it' very quickly.

I've had about 15 babysitters over the past three decades; while I enjoy visiting professionals like Mummy Grace, most of my carers have not been professionals. My current nanny certainly isn't a 'professional,' although she easily could be. I much prefer a sitter to come to me, which most 'pros' won't do, so I've tended to find friends who can fill the role with some degree of effectiveness.

Ah, Mummy Grace is not someone I would consider - anyone else?

Interesting to think about non-professionals as an option - I hadn't really thought of that.

Lol at the Egyptian Mummies comment - that gave me a good giggle!

Thank you everyone for the replies.

I'm not sure why you'd rule out Mummy Grace without a trial, but to each their own. She's one of the few 'open-minded' professionals I've encountered.

The majority of London-area pro sitters are too expensive for me or do not cater to my imagined nurturing babysitter ideal. Years ago, there were several others I could recommend (this was back when there was an AB clothing shop in Dagenham!) but they've since gone onto other things.

If you have a friend who has had childcare or nursing experience, there's no real reason not to approach her. I've always looked for women with a pronounced maternal instinct, or someone for whom changing an adult isn't that big of a stumbling block. Do not expect them to care for you for free, however; in my experience, the hourly rate I've offered has always been an incentive.

dogboy said:

He, He, He

dogboy said:
That's certainly one way to get swaddled !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

There is of course, this nice "Mommy", profiled on "The 15 Stone Babies"
Here is an article on her...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2939476/Inside-bizarre-nursery-ADULT-babies-pay-75-hour-Mummy-indulge-fetish.html

I saw this thread and I thought I like in the UK I have to check it out.
Unfortunately your looking for a mum not a mum looking for someone.

Also be careful because it might not be the mum that you expect. Having said that you should be relatively safe ish since your not wanting to go for the sexual side.

Hi Tiny

Did you have a think about going to the pre-school event in the Farnborough Area, 1st April as far as I can remember?

Kittylitter said:
Hi Tiny

Did you have a think about going to the pre-school event in the Farnborough Area, 1st April as far as I can remember?

OMG! That's tomorrow! I had a look online but I can't find anything about it (other than the page with the dates for 2016).

Are you going? Drop me a PM! :-D

Hi Tiny

I was planning to go, and my hubby was going to visit his friend in the area, as its not my hubby's cup of tea, but the friend was busy, so I cant really expect my hubby to sit in the car park and wait for me lol. Sorry I cant PM you yet as I don't have enough posts to enable me to PM.

Kittylitter said:
Hi Tiny

I was planning to go, and my hubby was going to visit his friend in the area, as its not my hubby's cup of tea, but the friend was busy, so I cant really expect my hubby to sit in the car park and wait for me lol. Sorry I cant PM you yet as I don't have enough posts to enable me to PM.

Ah, no worries. If you're up for the next one, just quote one of my posts and I'll get an alert saying you've replied. :)

tiny said:
Ah, no worries. If you're up for the next one, just quote one of my posts and I'll get an alert saying you've replied. :)

Oh there we go, the quote button - thanks, I'm having a think about the Little Big Land, Birmingham on 13th May.

Kittylitter said:
Oh there we go, the quote button - thanks, I'm having a think about the Little Big Land, Birmingham on 13th May.

Hmmm... I had a quick look, but it's about a 5hr return journey and £60 on the train... And I'm still a bit confused about how "little" I am... I quite liked the more guided sort of ageplay at the preschool. So I think I'll pass, but do let me know if you're thinking of coming to Farnborough any time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back