admin power abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
some gamers should never acquire a privillege of being a server admin. with great power comes great responsibility to keep the server clean of hackers and trash talking.
but it seems like this specific branch of BFBC2 servers on nexus called nemoskal has some of the worst admins i've ever seen. for example, if you play on their server, have a good game and end up scoring a nice 50/10 KD while the admin is online, you'll get banned and accused of hacking.
but if you go to their website and request an unban, they'll unban you and say something like
"sorry, i thought you were using a wall hack. it's always suspicious when someone has a really good score."
and that's what they tell to everyone who requests an unban. they don't even have any tools to find hackers, they just assume that good score equals hacker.
or sometimes they might not ban you and leave you alone with your good score. well, unless you you get unlucky enough to get a really nice headshot on the admin. then he'll immediately return the favour by giving you a temporary ban (Vey19 if you by any chance happen to read this, i hope your motherboard fries. you're the worst moderator i've ever seen)

some people simply shouldn't be allowed to be admins. it's really sad when your favourite server has the worst admins on the internet

Alexia said:
some gamers should never acquire a privillege of being a server admin. with great power comes great responsibility to keep the server clean of hackers and trash talking.
but it seems like this specific branch of BFBC2 servers on nexus called nemoskal has some of the worst admins i've ever seen. for example, if you play on their server, have a good game and end up scoring a nice 50/10 KD while the admin is online, you'll get banned and accused of hacking.
but if you go to their website and request an unban, they'll unban you and say something like
"sorry, i thought you were using a wall hack. it's always suspicious when someone has a really good score."
and that's what they tell to everyone who requests an unban. they don't even have any tools to find hackers, they just assume that good score equals hacker.
or sometimes they might not ban you and leave you alone with your good score. well, unless you you get unlucky enough to get a really nice headshot on the admin. then he'll immediately return the favour by giving you a temporary ban (Vey19 if you by any chance happen to read this, i hope your motherboard fries. you're the worst moderator i've ever seen)

some people simply shouldn't be allowed to be admins. it's really sad when your favourite server has the worst admins on the internet

I refereed to something like this a while back, similar crap happens with minecraft servers, It's mostly power hungry people It's quite funny when you think about it, but a pain in the butt for those who are legitimately playing the game.

Also, if the guy is a techie, a fried motherboard won't do much, but since he doesn't know the difference between cheating, and playing legitimately I doubt he has any IT skills :)

It does remind me of some of the reddit moderators for some subreddits, I once got banned off a sub reddit just for asking a simple question.

This has been going on for a very long time. I got banned from a server along with my friend while playing Half-Life DM (very long time ago). I still remember the server name was Welcome to the Jungle. We gotbanned because the server owner states out of all his years of playing he has never seen anyone as good as my friend and has to assume he is hacking ... and since I was his friend ... he had to assume I was a hacker too. It was so stupid, but funny at the same time.

But I do understand the reasoning behind the thought. If you use an aimbot, obviously the effect of that is going to be a really high seemingly unnatural score. The issue is, it's not a good proof.

At one point in time when I was just finishing highschool and had tons of time to play, I ended up banned from a good portion of the HaloPC servers still in existence for suspected hacking. I wasn't the best at aiming (tons of other players could beat me if it was a straight up contest of twitch shooting heads), but I was extremely good at picking weapons and situations so as to offset that.

Once I started playing ut2k4 though, I kind of stopped caring about cheaters. I've encountered ut2k4 players who could probably go up against someone with an aimbot and still win 50% of the engagements, and they weren't even considered good enough to play in tournaments.

irnub said:
At one point in time when I was just finishing highschool and had tons of time to play, I ended up banned from a good portion of the HaloPC servers still in existence for suspected hacking

yea i ended up getting banned just a few hours later. the server owner was online, i killed him three times and got banned for "wall hack" because i was mvp with 20/7KD. that score is not even that high. i think those admins just can't accept the fact that there will always be someone better than them. i'm really frustrated now that i can't play on my favourite server just because i got falsely accused of hacking

Alexia said:
i'm really frustrated now that i can't play on my favourite server just because i got falsely accused of hacking
tbh you probably didn't want to play on that server anyway if it has admins like that. Find a better one (or create your own).

irnub said:
tbh you probably didn't want to play on that server anyway if it has admins like that. Find a better one (or create your own).
the problem is that there's only a handful of players and 90% of the servers are empty 24/7 so i don't have much of a choice at choosing a server and even if i had my own, nobody would play on it. now that i got banned from the most active server it's really getting hard to play. i might just buy the game on steam and start over. or maybe i'll start playing some other game

I'm going to have to tell my kid about this thread because I have NO f'n clue what you guys are talking about. LOL (it's an age thing I think, I can't remember)

BuffedBaby said:
I'm going to have to tell my kid about this thread because I have NO f'n clue what you guys are talking about. LOL (it's an age thing I think, I can't remember)

You just aren't old enough yet. :p

I don't remember being a victim of admin abuse, but I have been reported and accused by Call of Duty players for "aimbot," when I use snipers. Some people just hate quick scopes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back