Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saving money for diapers?

Cool Saving money for diapers?

Well, I have a problem. I have an allowance of 20 dollars a week, but during the week I always seem to spend it on things I deem "important". Such as clothes, weed, and video games. Then I get mad at myself because I wanted to save it for diapers. Is there any effective way to make sure I don't spend my money?

I'm saving up for Bambino's, which are around 60-65 dollars for a case of 64. And I get 20 a week, so It'll take me 3 weeks. But I need to find a way not to break between then. I really want them, but I'm too afraid that my willpower to save will falter.. I really want them. I have a few cases already, but I needed to pull some drastic shit to save the money. I want to teach myself how to increase my willpower to save the money on my own. Only two....more.....weeks...*makes exaggerated exertion and panting noises.*

the first step to saving your money is realizing that you want to save it for something. the actual saving part is easier said than done, i know, but it may help to put a portion of your allowance away and out of your sight. of course it will take "x" amount of time depending on what portion you set aside and how much you need to save, so that's up to you.

i will say one thing, though, smoking weed on a weekly basis at 14 can really screw with your work ethic. soon enough, you'll be so lazy that you won't get anything done -- let alone save ANY money. please consider stopping and making the decision to smoke weed once you've paved your way to college.

Quote Originally Posted by injektilo92 View Post
    the first step to saving your money is realizing that you want to save it for something. the actual saving part is easier said than done, i know, but it may help to put a portion of your allowance away and out of your sight. of course it will take "x" amount of time depending on what portion you set aside and how much you need to save, so that's up to you.

i will say one thing, though, smoking weed on a weekly basis at 14 can really screw with your work ethic. soon enough, you'll be so lazy that you won't get anything done -- let alone save ANY money. please consider stopping and making the decision to smoke weed once you've paved your way to college.
    Oh, see I don't smoke weed on a weekly basis. More of a monthly basis. Not even. I just mentioned a random list of things that have broken my saving streak in the past. I don't mean necessarily all of those get in the way weekly.

well, i won't nitpick at your word usage (although, i did notice that quite a few love to do that here ..)

i'm only giving you the best advice that i could give.

the way i save my money is that a portion of my paycheck is directly deposited into a separate savings account, which i don't avidly look at. then, when the time comes where i want to invest money on something (example: i have a 3 hour tattoo appointment blocked out next week) i just dip into there and take what i need. then i replenish it with future checks. i've found that since i don't LOOK at my savings account as often as my checking, i'm less inclined to spend frivolously.

using that same method, applied to your fixed weekly allowance, can help i'm sure.

Falkio

Why do I get the feeling that everyone who posts in this thread is going to mention the Weed? Definitely good to cut out, of course. At least for the time being.

I receive a small allowance (outside of what I earn) for lunch. Just go without and save the difference for personal items. What sort of income do you get besides the allowance? Why not ask your parents for extra jobs to earn money? If budgeting is your plan, then just leave the money at home. You can't spend it if you don't have it - works for me every time. Seperate your "needs" for your "wants". Think about what you use on a weekly / daily basis that consumes most of your income. Maybe start with that? I'm saving for a car, a convention, and a fur suit; so budgeting sense must serve me well.

Hope everything works out well when you decide to place an order.

Why are diapers a necessary expense? I know that's not what you said, but c'mon. It's not like diapers are a necessity. They're really more of a hassle to have around when you have too many. Just save your money for something you'll use more than once...

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Why are diapers a necessary expense? I know that's not what you said, but c'mon. It's not like diapers are a necessity. They're really more of a hassle to have around when you have too many. Just save your money for something you'll use more than once...
    I gotta disagree.. The more the merrier for me.

I think you love clothes , video games, ... ... more than diaper ! Don't worry ! If you run out of diaper and you need it, you will save the money for it

$20/wk? Damn, that's a pretty cushy allowance . I always used to get an allowance of $0/wk. Since you're not paying the vast majority of your own expenses, I'd think it would be pretty easy to save up money for diapers. I mean, I managed to save up for them with no allowance at all . This was mostly from holiday cards, getting paid a couple bucks for odd jobs (like cutting the grass), or money that ended up in the laundry.

Just buy your diapers at the beginning of the week. You really don't need any saving at all.

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAwesome View Post
    Well, I have a problem. I have an allowance of 20 dollars a week, but during the week I always seem to spend it on things I deem "important"... weed...
    There is the problem.

Get off that shit and you'll have plenty of money to spare.