Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyKai

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I'm new to ABDL. I only learnt that it was an actual thing about a year ago.

All I really know about sissys is that it's males playing as little girls? (I'm sorry if I'm wrong)

I'm female and when I'm in little space, I usually play as a boy (sometimes a girly girl) so is there a word for females who play as boys?

Also, there's a lot of phrases and words that I've seen ABs use that I've never heard before. I only understood what "Little Space" meant because it's kinda obvious but other phrases... haven't got a clue. :confused:

Also (this doesn't have to be answered if it's inappropriate or anything) but I only just found out that some people play as ABDLs for sexual reasons. I've never seen it as sexual so this is kinda weird to me but could someone explain to me why some people do this? I'm not judging or anything, I'm just curious and I would like to learn everything I can about the ABDL community.

Thanks!

BabyKai said:

All I really know about sissys is that it's males playing as little girls? (I'm sorry if I'm wrong)

I'm female and when I'm in little space, I usually play as a boy (sometimes a girly girl) so is there a word for females who play as boys?

Also, there's a lot of phrases and words that I've seen ABs use that I've never heard before. I only understood what "Little Space" meant because it's kinda obvious but other phrases... haven't got a clue. :confused:

Also (this doesn't have to be answered if it's inappropriate or anything) but I only just found out that some people play as ABDLs for sexual reasons. I've never seen it as sexual so this is kinda weird to me but could someone explain to me why some people do this? I'm not judging or anything, I'm just curious and I would like to learn everything I can about the ABDL community.

Thanks!
A sissy is a male or female acting effeminate, the inverse of that would be masculine. I'm sure there's already a word for females who play as boys, most people who are 'normal' and not diaper lovers or incontinent, use the word tomboy. The sexual aspect of ABDL is simple, it feels good. There are many different aspects to it, but that's the gist of it. I hope that answers your questions, if you have more, let me know.

Wow, both good hard questions with complex answers that are full of subtlety!

Premetheus is not wrong, so that's a start! ^_^

There's lots more to read on sissys and sissy play.
You can find a good article here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/82965-Sissies-and-Little-Girls
And there was a good thread just last week too: https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/105803-Am-I-a-sissy

Even those don't capture the full spectrum of feelings and folks you'll encounter. For example, I enjoy being a hyper feminine boy (think Little Lord Fauntleroy or Victorian style sailor suits), *AND* playing a tomboyish little girl (Corduroy overalls, climbing tress, and skinned knees). *shrug*

Personally I think girls can be just as sissy as boys, but it's all in what makes you feel comfortable with your own self identity!

As for the sexual aspects of the entire swath of ABDL (including sissies, BFs, and friends), there is the absolutely the physical aspect of wrapping something around your privates that can feel good of course!

However the mental side is just as important. For ABs, grown ups are in charge, babies are not. For DLs and sissies what they wear is not 'normal'. Both these spaces of control and shame/self acceptance are related to the broader dominant and submissive sex play world.

In short it it's really not surprising some folks find giving up control, or being pampered, or being teased, or being accepted, arousing!

Sorry I don't have time to write more, but hopefully this is helpful!

BabyKai said:

Thanks!
BabyKai, Since you know what a 'Little' is, you may know that 'Littles' can be sexual or non-sexual in their age play. Some are even asexual. Non-sexual 'Littles' (as you identified yourself) seek the innocence of youth in their age play and are confused when some 'Littles' sexualize it. Sexual 'Littles' are harder to understand. Nobody really knows why there are sexual 'Littles'. I think 'Littles' come from a place of innocents. There's a theory called the 'Love Map' which try to explain why. It's easier to just call it a sexual fetish. Here's a case where the same activity can be a fetish in one case and non-fetish in another.

You also asked about age play that has a gender component (i.e. a male playing a girl and visversa). In the case of men, it's called LG which stands for 'little girl'. Note that this is different from the LG in a DD/LG relationship where there is no gender switch. (I assume that you know about DD/LG because of your signature line.) I'm not aware of a term that is used to identify a female age playing a little boy. Unfortunately LB is usually used to describe a male who plays a little boy.

LG and Sissy have some basic similarities and differences. When you say that sissies are 'males playing as little girls', you are correct. You should read this article (https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/82965-Sissies-and-Little-Girls?p=1435205#post1435205) if you want more depth. One frequently mentioned difference is that LG's regress to their child mindset while Sissies stay in their adult mindset when they play.

As you can see, this is very convoluted and there's no accepted definitions of anything. I suggest that you just put the pieces of the puzzle together in a way that makes sense to you.

Last edited:
tickles51 said:
BabyKai, Since you know what a 'Little' is, you may know that 'Littles' can be sexual or non-sexual in their age play. Some are even asexual. Non-sexual 'Littles' (as you identified yourself) seek the innocence of youth in their age play and are confused when some 'Littles' sexualize it. Sexual 'Littles' are harder to understand. Nobody really knows why there are sexual 'Littles'. I think 'Littles' come from a place of innocents. There's a theory called the 'Love Map' which try to explain why. It's easier to just call it a sexual fetish. Here's a case where the same activity can be a fetish in one case and non-fetish in another.

You also asked about age play that has a gender component (i.e. a male playing a girl and visversa). In the case of men, it's called LG which stands for 'little girl'. Note that this is different from the LG in a DD/LG relationship where there is no gender switch. (I assume that you know about DD/LG because of your signature line.) I'm not aware of a term that is used to identify a female age playing a little boy. Unfortunately LB is usually used to describe a male who plays a little boy.

LG and Sissy have some basic similarities and differences. When you say that sissies are 'males playing as little girls', you are correct. You should read this article (https://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/82965-Sissies-and-Little-Girls?p=1435205#post1435205) if you want more depth. One frequently mentioned difference is that LG's regress to their child mindset while Sissies stay in their adult mindset when they play.

As you can see, this is very convoluted and there's no accepted definitions of anything. I suggest that you just put the pieces of the puzzle together in a way that makes sense to you.

I didn't actually know much about DD/LG. I just saw it a documentary once. I wasn't aware that my quote looked DD/LG related. I just thought it was cute because I remember saying something of the same quote to my dad when I was little.

Thank you everyone for your help. It would be great if anyone could explain definitions that are used in the community (i.e. LG, DL, AB, Sissy etc (I already know what those mean but I'm wondering if there's anymore.))

PS: I'm changing that quote soon but I just thought I'd mention it wasn't because of the DD/LG thing, I just want something else instead.

BabyKai said:
"Daddy, I don't want to be a big girl! I want to be your little princess forever!"
Sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen. If it makes you happy and reminds you of growing up then you should keep it. It is cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back