Just how rare are we? Maybe less than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I never said I was trying to force society to accept the diapers we like. Quite the opposite here. I am trying to get society to where if/when they find out about it then their reactions aren't negative or outright hostile to us- ie. equality. And how many true stories have you seen just here alone when an AB or DL literally was oppressed by being punished, or even physically abused, simply because they liked wearing a diaper. Or when the medial gets a hold of a DL story and we are once again ostracised for it. So yeah, we are oppressed in every sense of the word (look the word up if you need to). You can try to ignore this all you want, but that doesn't make it any less real. Now sure our level of oppression is nowhere near as bad as it was with gays and lesbians, but again it is undeniably there.

And I've said this many times now too. If you have any other or better ideas to overcome this, then I'm all ears for it. Till then, this IS the only and closest to best solution ANYONE has come up with to date. Give us a better solution with an actual chance of succeeding, and I'll drop this one faster than you can. Or at the very least, could you please explain if you do not want to be part of the solution, then why are you so actively trying to be part of the problem by keeping the status quo here.

Slomo said:
Hey I never said I was trying to force society to accept the diapers we like. Quite the opposite here. I am trying to get society to where if/when they find out about it then their reactions aren't negative or outright hostile to us- ie. equality.
That sounds like you are trying to force it to me XD. I mean, I come across people who are extremely negative about the whole transgender thing even within our own community we have people who are like that. We can't force them not to be negative about it. What they don't agree with is up to them. As long as they are not opressing you, or treating you unequal ... then there isn't anything you can do about it, unless you want to restrict what they think. Which then we are getting in the realm of thought police.

Equality doesn't mean everyone has to be nice to you or be ok with something you do. Now if violence occurs or they are denying you your rights, that is another matter entirely.

And how many true stories have you seen just here alone when an AB or DL literally was oppressed by being punished, or even physically abused, simply because they liked wearing a diaper.
Ya, I am one of them. I don't know if I would call that oppression though. It's not like society is doing that, it's shitty people that are doing that. The only thing you can do is make it agaisnt the law, and child abuse IS already against the law.

Or when the medial gets a hold of a DL story and we are once again ostracised for it.
Again, there isn't anything you can do about that. When you allow free speech in society, you just have to deal with the haters ... or move somewhere else where they don't allow free speech.
I have been called all sort of things for being transgender. It's not like the LGBT movement stopped that from occuring. We still get hated on plenty. Even if you had a movement like the LGBT movement, it's not going to stop that from occuring.

So yeah, we are oppressed in every sense of the word (look the word up if you need to).
I know what the word means. You are talking about being "oppressed" by specific people which still occurs for the LGBT community as well and you are not going to stop it from occuring. The portions that can be enforced are already against the law. There are already laws in place to prevent abuse and such. Being treated poorly, as in through words ... you can't do anything about that (Though mental child abuse I am pretty sure is a thing, so even that is covered). Sorry, but it's time to grow a thicker skin because that is your only solution in a society that has free speech. The LGBT community didn't rise up because of name calling, or people hurting are poor wittle feewings. It was done because we where being denied equal rights by the government, by jobs, etc. Do you not understand the difference?

If we are talking about the oppression you are talking about than ... just about everyone in society is oppressed in some form by some other people. o.o It's sort of a thing that tends to occur when you live with other people who all have different views on things.

You can try to ignore this all you want, but that doesn't make it any less real. Now sure our level of oppression is nowhere near as bad as it was with gays and lesbians, but again it is undeniably there.
Yes, it's there for everyone ... your point? Not all oppression that exists in society is so bad that it's worth fighting for XD. I have been "oppressed" because I liek Nickelback ... do you think I should go outside and raise hell about it? Or do you think I should just lean to Q-TIP like a mature adult?

And I've said this many times now too. If you have any other or better ideas to overcome this, then I'm all ears for it.
I do .. it's called ignoring it. It's called calling the authorities when laws are being broken. Sadly there is only so much we can do. What you want is something that is simpyl never going to occur. You maybe able to raise acceptance .. and that is a big maybe. But you are not going to be able to stop all these things from occuring. Oppression will continue to happen, and honestly .. it doesn't happen enough in this community for you to raise hell about it. Most people here keep this shit private.

I was one of the people who got thrown out for being an AB/DL ... but you know what ... I know how to face reality and I know that no amount of raising awareness would have change my situation. I could have called the authorities. I could have reported the abuse I went thorugh with my family. But I didn't, and there was no way for anyone to know, other than for me to tell them. There quite literally is nothing you can do about this. But if you want to go parading aorund in a diaper to try and raise awareness ... then go ahead. Be my guest. I will not be joining you.

Till then, this IS the only and closest to best solution ANYONE has come up with to date. Give us a better solution with an actual chance of succeeding, and I'll drop this one faster than you can.
There isn't a solution. Not unless you want to place cameras in every home and remove privacy and create a very authoritarian society. Trying to raise awareness can also backfire, because you will undoubtly end up with radicals who go to far. Your movement will becomes exactly what the feminist movement has become today, because they are fighting agiasnt indeivudal people because they already have equal rights. So in your hope to make things better, you can make things worse for yourself and others.

Or at the very least, could you please explain if you do not want to be part of the solution, then why are you so actively trying to be part of the problem by keeping the status quo here.
Because the status quo isn't as bad as you make it out to be. I don't see any reason to fix what is already not a big problem.
You want to go after parents who abuse their children ... fine, but that doesn't just happen to AB/DLs ... that happens to many many children. We already have thigns in palce to try and prevent it, but again, unless we begin throwing privacy out the window ... there isn't anything we can do ... unless the child tells us or we have suspicion that it's occuring.

irnub said:
Yup. As long as people aren't hunting us down to key our cars and throw rocks through our windows, it's all good. I don't see this as some special thing that society needs to take a stance on one way or the other any more than it does on people who occasionally cook for themselves or people who collect rocks.

But then again we have people constantly labeling us as pedophiles and thinking it's absolutely crazy, just like people thought about gay men and women. I worked with someone in their 70s and he said he is disgusted by gay people, back then it was against the law so that's why he sees it that way.

CookieMonstah said:
But then again we have people constantly labeling us as pedophiles and thinking it's absolutely crazy, just like people thought about gay men and women. I worked with someone in their 70s and he said he is disgusted by gay people, back then it was against the law so that's why he sees it that way.

As far as I am aware ... there aren't any laws against AB/DL. While you may have a few people label us pedophiles, it's certainly not super common. I would say the typical response is more just of disgust, but we really can't force people to see it any other way.

We are also talking about human waste, so technically speaking ... I can actually understand why people would find it disgusting and I don't think any amount of raising awareness will change their perspective on that. XD Most animals have a natural aversion to bodily waste.

Interesting thread,
I used to be more active in this type of thing, then my family accused me of being a pedophile back in 2005 and totally shattered my world at that time so I withdrew in just about every thing, I even contemplated suicide and I don't think I am alone in this, I do some times wonder how many of us are out in the world, but I my self would rather stay in the shadows then deal with narrow minded people that would threaten my very liberty

DracoAmericanus said:
Interesting thread,
I used to be more active in this type of thing, then my family accused me of being a pedophile back in 2005 and totally shattered my world at that time so I withdrew in just about every thing, I even contemplated suicide and I don't think I am alone in this, I do some times wonder how many of us are out in the world, but I my self would rather stay in the shadows then deal with narrow minded people that would threaten my very liberty

Wow so sorry that happened to you :grouphug: I don't think my family would think I was a pedophile if they found out but they would think I was either:

1)Medically incontinent, but too scared to tell them.

2)Mentally ill

3)on drugs

Last edited:
MarchinBunny said:
As far as I am aware ... there aren't any laws against AB/DL. While you may have a few people label us pedophiles, it's certainly not super common. I would say the typical response is more just of disgust, but we really can't force people to see it any other way.

We are also talking about human waste, so technically speaking ... I can actually understand why people would find it disgusting and I don't think any amount of raising awareness will change their perspective on that. XD Most animals have a natural aversion to bodily waste.

Accusing people of being pedophiles can be a serious allegation and get people in trouble or technically be classed as harassment or a hate crime. I'm not too fussed over the matter but hey, it can be serious for some.

CookieMonstah said:
Accusing people of being pedophiles can be a serious allegation and get people in trouble or technically be classed as harassment or a hate crime. I'm not too fussed over the matter but hey, it can be serious for some.

Nowhere did I say it wasn't serious o.o

MarchinBunny said:
Nowhere did I say it wasn't serious o.o

Nooo I wasn't accusing you of anything I was just elaborating on the point

CookieMonstah said:
Nooo I wasn't accusing you of anything I was just elaborating on the point

Ahh I see, sorry. =^.^;=

I once saw a post on here I think where one of the commenters worked for like Abu or tykables and they said based on their sales and customer base the numbers are up there I can't remember specifics but number of individual USBased customers from just that one company was well beyond like 10 or 20 thousand.
I think 1 in 1000 is a pretty fair estimate it could be more or less but certainly not enough to really affect that general scale. There's many other factors that limit the visibility of our type of people. So when you look through the web and try to seek out people your seeing probably more like 1 in 10000. Lots of us are closeted especially in particularly oppressive areas like the bible belt for example. Then there are those who know and probably even act out on their desires but still choose to keep it private from everyone including the internet.

Whatever the case I just wish more people were open about it or willing to get out and meet others irl. I try and seek DLs on fetlife and it like 95% are either extreme AB or just come off as total creepers. ADISC is like the only place I can talk with ABDLs and people actually seem intelligent and seeking more than mindless infantile sexual behavior.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I Just saw an ad on tv for depends for emt's or possibly fire fighters..something about making sure you're ready. I've already heard of Pilots, Astronauts and Divers...:smile1:

I was a Vol EMT firefighter and i wore diapers better then depends.a
A ambulance trip was 50+ miles where i was and most on winding mountain roads at 30 to 40 mph

I looked at depend's website to see if they had that ad, and saw this instead. I must admit, that could pass for regular underwear in the locker room... maybe for those looking for a highly discrete pullup to wear during the day this is actually a good option?

real-fit-incontinence-underwear.png

https://www.depend.com/mens-solutions/products/12778/

Yeah depend has been spending a lot of money on a Chinese dude dressed as a firefighter the last couple of months in my area , I have never seen real fit that look as good as they do on TV, it's kinda like going out for a burger, it looks all fat and juicy and appealing , then you get one that was cooked and wrapped and kept warm in some guys pocket looking thing .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

As a firefighter myself...I don't know if anyone would really wear some sort of a diaper under their gear. When you learn about safety & the gear, you learn about how much it can protect you. You also learn about what you should / shouldnt wear under the clothes. I see wearing a diaper underneath as highly dangerous. It could get too hot & start to melt

Mattew said:
It could get too hot & start to melt

I would have thought if your underwear was approaching temps necessary to melt plastic, you were already in serious trouble from failure of your protective gear? That's easily enough to blister skin?

yeah I would think the same as well, if your can is that hot your cooked as well, I know it's hot in all that gear but if it's hot enough to melt the diaper, your underwear is just that hot as well, and I have some limited experience with fire related stuff, you need to de-ass an area that hot, I some times wear Kevlar that is just about as fire resistant as things come and is hot as heck to wear, in situations like that just sweat alone soaks the diaper

There have to be at least some significant number of us. If not I wouldn't keep getting frustrated when ABU runs out of medium Super Dry Kids because you guys buy them up! ;)
I have been wondering this as well and a quick internet search for my surrounding area showed me a local Facebook group with over a hundred members. I don't use Facebook due to issues I have with it (it reminds me of high school) but seeing those numbers was encouraging.

bambinod said:
I would have thought if your underwear was approaching temps necessary to melt plastic, you were already in serious trouble from failure of your protective gear? That's easily enough to blister skin?

The depending on the melting point of plastic, it could happen. Temperature can rise in a fire extremely quick, the flame doesn't have to touch you to cause ignition.
Your PPE can be working perfectly fine and you can still receive burns underneath, but at the point Firefighters would be evacuating the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back