Just how rare are we? Maybe less than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note said:
If you really want to find out how rare ABDLs are just go for a walk down a crowded street in full ABDL attire and gauge the reactions, that should give you an idea...

I've done that on Halloween. Met the now owner of Tykables. We're not that rare.

Note said:
If you really want to find out how rare ABDLs are just go for a walk down a crowded street in full ABDL attire and gauge the reactions, that should give you an idea...

LOL i agree! I think throwing numbers around is stupid. The chances of someone being vanilla or having another kink is far more likely. Based off the fact that people give off a weird reaction to ABDLs is enough proof that we are not just another tool in the shed ahaha

I believe that all of us ABDLs are ABDLs because of certain events that took place in our early years. Whether you can remember or not, there is probably a reason. Like someone said, almost no one chooses this. By the time we are mature enough to understand that this is an ingrained part of us, we become more accepting of ourselves. Im actually becoming a firm believer that being ABDL has helped me positively in ways that out weigh the negative, so far in my life. Anyways, when were very young things like being forced, punished to wear diapers, or bedwetting can have an affect on the person. But i think the MAJORITY of the population didnt have something that occurred to them that caused them to find diapers sexually or emotionally pleasing....

ryan2127 said:
LOL i agree! I think throwing numbers around is stupid. The chances of someone being vanilla or having another kink is far more likely. Based off the fact that people give off a weird reaction to ABDLs is enough proof that we are not just another tool in the shed ahaha

Hey, 98% of all ABDL's would disagree with this. While only 10's of research studies have been done to poll people about ABDL's on a small scale, it has been estimated that nearly 1 in 100 people are at least slightly into adult diapers- or more. This translates to over 3 million DL's in just the USA alone.

Of course, it's also true that 98% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think it's fine to throw numbers around, and I also don't see why it would be "stupid". It's really just estimations and such. I think it's pretty normal to want to know and estimate. We may never come to an actual answer that is accurate, but that is fine to me.

It's considered "taboo", I guess. It's somthing people do, but don't necessarily want to attach themselves to. I know I keep this very private, so I would think others do as well. This alone makes it difficult to get any real idea about how many people are AB/DL. There is also the vague question of what constitutes "a need to wear". The only thing I can think of is sales figures for providers.

Note said:
Halloween doesn't count...

Why is that? I met the owner of Tykables... Not sure what your point adds to the discussion... [emoji57]

I reckon we are as common as Lapras if we had to spawn as a pokemon in pokemon go lol!
That said i think the rarer the better.
Everyone is a sheep these days, rarity is good for us humans.

Before discovering the abdl world, i thought there might be a hundred or so "wierdos" like me. If i had to guess, I'd say maybe 1 in a couple thousand people. I'd also say maybe 2% or more would become abdl in some form if they were introduced to it properly.

I'd say like 1 in 10,000 probably, there has been calculations on topics like this before. My town is a very big town and have heard about others living here who are AB/DL but I've never intended to meet them.

It's become a lot more common in recent years with a lot of companies making specific items for ABDLs and also there have been many programs about or including ABDLs all over the world.

People are becoming more and more accepting in this day and age and people who were once afraid to come out or think they were the only one will realise they're not a lot sooner. I was 12 when I found out. Thought I was alone in the then 7 billion population of the world.

You know when people don't talk about it and the the media don't talk about it. We will never know. It all about MONEY for the media.

We can take LGBT. Well 40 years ago it was shame on. Then Aids hit and Ryan White with a blood transfusion and Aids and getting a hold of Elton john and then passing of Ryan. The media posted about it. Then a few times between then and now and due to Singers like Elton John and Freddie Mercury and Aids then Feddie Mercury passing due to Aids.. Then LGBT had a foothold with Obama and Marriage right. One thing Obama did right. The media love this. Because the public loves it. So the media made money on it. Face that fact.

Most of my family on my step dad side is gay. I proud of them for it. The Singers like Elton John and Freddy are heroes in my view.

We are not going to see that with adult fetish like diapers. The media will not cover that because it not main stream and it will not make them much money.

Lestat said:
You know when people don't talk about it and the the media don't talk about it. We will never know. It all about MONEY for the media.

We can take LGBT. Well 40 years ago it was shame on. Then Aids hit and Ryan White with a blood transfusion and Aids and getting a hold of Elton john and then passing of Ryan. The media posted about it. Then a few times between then and now and due to Singers like Elton John and Freddie Mercury and Aids then Feddie Mercury passing due to Aids.. Then LGBT had a foothold with Obama and Marriage right. One thing Obama did right. The media love this. Because the public loves it. So the media made money on it. Face that fact.

Most of my family on my step dad side is gay. I proud of them for it. The Singers like Elton John and Freddy are heroes in my view.

We are not going to see that with adult fetish like diapers. The media will not cover that because it not main stream and it will not make them much money.

You are absolutely right. Subcultures get positive media coverage when they are common enough to become a political issue and/or make money for the mainstream media. Something like ABDL which is fairly rare will have to make do with media presenting them as a freakshow, if they present them at all.

Every grocery and drug store has a shelf of pull ups and diapers, but I have only seen a couple people buy them. Only me where I get mine.
But someone besides the oldest generation is using them up.

Lestat said:

I couldn't agree more. The media and society in general is nowhere near willing to accept people with a sexual diaper fetish. But I do believe it may be possible for AB's and DL's to take the same that the LGBT community did back in the 80's & 90's.

Getting society to accept us for who we are will be a long and hard fought movement, but getting them to accept we're in diapers just for the sex will never happen.

Slomo said:
I couldn't agree more. The media and society in general is nowhere near willing to accept people with a sexual diaper fetish. But I do believe it may be possible for AB's and DL's to take the same that the LGBT community did back in the 80's & 90's.

Getting society to accept us for who we are will be a long and hard fought movement, but getting them to accept we're in diapers just for the sex will never happen.

It's never going to happen and I don't see any good reason for it to need to happen. We are not being oppressed or anything.

MarchinBunny said:
It's never going to happen and I don't see any good reason for it to need to happen. We are not being oppressed or anything.
Yup. As long as people aren't hunting us down to key our cars and throw rocks through our windows, it's all good. I don't see this as some special thing that society needs to take a stance on one way or the other any more than it does on people who occasionally cook for themselves or people who collect rocks.

i seriously think they are everywhere. its just they are very discreet about it.

irnub said:
Yup. As long as people aren't hunting us down to key our cars and throw rocks through our windows, it's all good. I don't see this as some special thing that society needs to take a stance on one way or the other any more than it does on people who occasionally cook for themselves or people who collect rocks.

Ya, I don't think some understand the LGBT movement, it wasn't about acceptance, it was about equality and oppression (increased acceptance is just a side effect). Which isn't occurring for AB/DL. You can't force people to accept the things you like, as long as they are not oppressing you for those things, they can think whatever they want. The same applies for LGBT. We cannot force people to accept us, we can only fight for equality and against oppression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back