Wanna try northshore, but have several concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpAzpieSweeTot

Daddy's girl through and through! Understood?
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
We all know northshore has its issues; right? When you visit the site, you risk things from them showing up on your personal pages, that maybe your family is on, they send free samples of products at times you never asked for, and no free shipping standard on cases. This is why I haven't tried them, but my might-as-well-be-1-handed, gimpy self really wants to try their new pull-ups. Can anyone help me fix the issues I have?

You can order some of their products off of Amazon (prime), or you could simply call them and talk to them. Voice your concerns about mailing lists. You should be able to order what you want without ending up on their lists and since it was over the phone, don't worry about your computer.

I order from them all the time, they have my favorite diaper , the northshore supreme. To avoid any unwanted pop ups or ads use incognito mode. For them mailing unsolicted mail that has not happened to me and I have been a customer for 2 years. I think they learned there lesson after that whole mess they caused a few years ago. Also, why not just use your phone or personal PC, I dont see why you have to order your diapers on the computer the whole family uses.

Vapor said:
I order from them all the time, they have my favorite diaper , the northshore supreme. To avoid any unwanted pop ups or ads use incognito mode. Also, why not just use your phone or personal PC, I dont see why you have to order your diapers on the computer the whole family uses.

Oh, no, that's no problem, I'd use my iPad. Pop ups just showed up on my Facebook a while back, and, y'know, mortifying.

Clean your cookies, and wipe your browser history and that shoudnt be a problem anymore. As with any diaper shopping use incognito and no one will ever know and the popups will stop. Use a burner email address as well.

Okay, as for the mailing thing, no idea.
For the advertisements, your internet browsers takes down these little pieces of data called cookies, which basically tells other website and advertisers what you have been looking at so that they can direct the most relevant adverts to you. If you dont want the ads related to the northshore website, its as simple as going into your browsers settings or history and erasing the cookies after you visit the site. Some devices also have the ability to block cookies from being sent, though this can sometimes cause issues with some websites.
-Derpface

I definitely clear my history now.

I know I shouldn't be so secretive. They're family, but, y'know, still hurts. Anything beyond a sticky-backed, darn-near-invisible, pad could change what kinda place state people put a person, if they think he or she needs to be put somewhere. Not saying loony bin. Care home. Still I'm tired of food and drink mapping. Think bathroom mapping for the homebody. I'm always under hydrated, and that's a kidney worry. So, I'm not hiding anything from them but the weirdness of the fact that I'm heck-bent on cutifying any medical brands, and trying Preschools, (Oh, sweet silence!) and tykables, if I can stand the forsaken crinkle! Ahhh!

I'm more nervous about my sister's attendants noticing, because they have state people in their back pockets.

I actually went to Northshore to purchase my very first "premium" diapers, believe it or not. I first tried their AirSupreme product and I was not disappointed at all. I actually had a huge stockpile of them in my closet at one point. Think I had well over 40, or dare I say even 60, of those things! :rolleyes:

From my own experience though, they have never mailed me anything out of the blue. Whenever I ordered my diapers, I was given just that. The boxes do ship discretely as well, so even if they decide to send something your way, I'm hopeful it would be in an all brown box. But yeah, I ordered from them countless times and never got anything from them randomly. If it helps though, you could make sure you turn off getting their newsletters or anything else pertaining just to be safe.

And as far as protecting your search history and all that goes, go incognito for sure. I use Google Chrome all the time and it works like a charm. If not though, a simple delete of the history and cookies will do the trick just fine.

I wish you the best with your purchases, too! Northshore has never once disappointed me at all - they've been very reliable whenever I bought anything from them, my shipments always came relatively quickly, and I was just a happy little camper all around. Hope this helps! :eek:

If you're using chrome, use the "incognito" window. Other browsers allow you "private browsing" settings.

Vapor said:
Clean your cookies, and wipe your browser history and that shoudnt be a problem anymore. As with any diaper shopping use incognito and no one will ever know and the popups will stop. Use a burner email address as well.

While these are valid responses, my response is more one of "that shouldn't be so necessary".

It's like the dreaded "opt-out" advertisements, or the sign-up pages that you have to UNcheck lots of (default-checked) boxes to get them to not hound you when you create accounts for things. It's sneaky default behaviors that force me to be on guard all the time. Constantly playing defense gets tiring, and having difficult/impossible to fix problems immediately result from a single small lapse of vigilance on my part is not my idea of a good time.

Example: I am signed into my personal google account at work because I want my prefs available when I browse during lunch. If I visit northshore at home once without remembering to go private browsing, guess what? I get a barrage of diaper advertisements on my work computer for the next three days while I'm trying to get my work done. There's no easy fix for that. Cookie clearing isn't going to fix it. And I really don't want to reset my browser anyway.

bambinod said:
If I visit northshore at home once without remembering to go private browsing, guess what? I get a barrage of diaper advertisements on my work computer for the next three days while I'm trying to get my work done. There's no easy fix for that
adblock?

But yeah, I've been avoiding buying from Northshore because of those kinds of issues. Last few times I bought direct from them:

- each purchase resulted in an inordinate amount of email from them. Not spam, it's just that they felt the need to inform me my order was received, my payment was processed, my order was ready for shipping, my order had been shipped, my order had arrived, and then ask me to write a review of the product a few weeks later. Any they're super blatant about what they are and what you ordered in the subject line. I had to set my phone to hide notifications while locked because I was afraid someone might see it in the little email summary popup.

- shipments were poorly packaged. Yeah it's a plain brown box, but the return info said "northshore care supply" on it (compare to XP medical that just said "XP"). They also consistently did a really bad tape job on the box. The final straw for me was receiving one where the box was basically falling open by the time it arrived. Diapers were clearly visible if you pulled on the flap even slightly, and I'm pretty sure one good kick would have popped the entire thing open and sent them flying.

- unsolicited snail mail.

Going through their Amazon storefront (the fulfilled by Amazon stuff) has never been an issue for me though.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
We all know northshore has its issues; right? When you visit the site, you risk things from them showing up on your personal pages, that maybe your family is on, they send free samples of products at times you never asked for, and no free shipping standard on cases. This is why I haven't tried them, but my might-as-well-be-1-handed, gimpy self really wants to try their new pull-ups. Can anyone help me fix the issues I have?

The medium supremes are really small. Just keep that in mind when ordering. Dry 24/7 are way better.

Also, there's no such thing as 'free shipping'. It's just built into the price of the case and it sort of sucks if you live close to the warehouse because you end up paying the same amount of built-in shipping as someone who lives way across the country. Including the price of shipping isn't really a thing in Europe, and some really high quality ABDL diapers end up costing about $1/ea.

I have a bit of a unique issue, maybe 2. Guess what my more severely CP effected, completely IC sister's diapers and stuff come in. Ding, ding, ding, unmarked boxes. And like I said, my family knows I'm IC, but because it's different than my sister, any substantial degree of protection may look like overkill, and result in being dragged to the whitecoats, which doesn't seem bad, except mom had to have neck surgery, invasive enough they had to darn near take her head off, from taking care of us. And what if Miss Julie, my sister's attendant, notices?!

Don't get me wrong. I'd only, "just visit real protection on bad muscle days," during the time I'm running everyone over with my menstrual cycle, :lol: when the condensation from the air vent in the only bathroom I can use is leaking water on my head, wheelchair, the floor, and everything in between, it's slippery, and I could fall, or when my AB/Little side starts getting ticked off at me because it's been a while.

I know my body. I've tried 24/7 before, for about two days, and my sister heard the tapes! See why I like pull-ups? In that time, those muscles weakened, and it took an almost equal time to get my weird, but at least present, control back. I'll be careful, I guess, is what I'm saying. I don't wanna make it worse. I need to eat and drink enough though, so there's that. Wow, it's weird being Little and mildly to moderately IC at once.

Sorry for the vent session. Can anyone tell me they understand how, and why, I'm feeling?

irnub said:
. . . I've been avoiding buying from Northshore because of those kinds of issues. Last few times I bought direct from them:

- each purchase resulted in an inordinate amount of email from them. Not spam, it's just that they felt the need to inform me my order was received, my payment was processed, my order was ready for shipping, my order had been shipped, my order had arrived, and then ask me to write a review of the product a few weeks later. Any they're super blatant about what they are and what you ordered in the subject line. I had to set my phone to hide notifications while locked because I was afraid someone might see it in the little email summary popup.

- shipments were poorly packaged. Yeah it's a plain brown box, but the return info said "northshore care supply" on it (compare to XP medical that just said "XP"). They also consistently did a really bad tape job on the box. The final straw for me was receiving one where the box was basically falling open by the time it arrived. Diapers were clearly visible if you pulled on the flap even slightly, and I'm pretty sure one good kick would have popped the entire thing open and sent them flying.

- unsolicited snail mail.

Going through their Amazon storefront (the fulfilled by Amazon stuff) has never been an issue for me though.

That's why I'm so leery about ordering directly from Northshore. Also the trouble with Amazon is, they only carry supremes. I actually have a hell of a problem physically taping, because of my hands deciding to spaz while I try to suit up. I'm thinking pull-up, and pad from a pad-and-pant system?

Last edited:
I use Northshore's Supremes and the new pullups and I'm quite happy with both. Yeah, I don't like needing to be proactive watching for ads that appear on other sites I'm on. I do the scrub and it's not a problem. I did post a review of the Supreme diapers once but my name (my REAL name) appeared in the review so I quickly took it down. I think their customer service is great, I think their products are great and I do like getting free samples of their stuff but last time they sent me the wrong size samples (too small) but other than that, all is good with Northshore.

I have not noticed these ads. I have been ordering northshore for a while now. They are great diapers. Specially with their boosters

I have been ordering from northshore for over a year and have never had an issue with them. There is a free shipping code you can get to cover the cost of shipping. I order today and they will be in tomorrow. You might want to call and have some samples sent just to make sure the sizes are a good fit for you. I find that the mediums are a bit small on me and the large are a bit big but try them before you commit to a case or a pack.

Those facebook (and everwhere else) adds are because of cookies being added to your browsing history when you went to Northshore before. MANY companies do this now, not just northshore.

So now when you go online your browser and various sites pull up those cookies to generate an advertisement based on where you've already been. You either need to set your browser to not accept cookies, delete them after the fact, or use incognito mode all of the time.

irnub said:
- each purchase resulted in an inordinate amount of email from them. Not spam, it's just that they felt the need to inform me my order was received, my payment was processed, my order was ready for shipping, my order had been shipped, my order had arrived, and then ask me to write a review of the product a few weeks later. Any they're super blatant about what they are and what you ordered in the subject line. I had to set my phone to hide notifications while locked because I was afraid someone might see it in the little email ....

That's called "Customer Service".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abdltimmy said:
That's called "Customer Service".

Seconded, you'll get the exact same thing ordering on amazon, walmart, and a slew of other major retailers too. People just say and send more while also saying less overall. You just have to chuck it up to being in a connected world now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back