Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ISPs allowed to sell your browsing and app usage data?

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    D'oh! It's all perfectly fine after all! A congressman has pointed out that anyone who doesn't like the new anti-privacy law can simply not use the internet. Of course!

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...acy_criticism/
    Given his age, and that his job, life experience, and education are almost certainly non-technical. It's entirely possible that he, personally, may not make much use of the internet. Or doesn't understand that all the stuff he sees on his phone is 'internet'. I have a suspicion that Hillary was similarly baffled, and may not have understood thing one about the whole e-mail fiasco.

D'oh! It's all perfectly fine after all! A congressman has pointed out that anyone who doesn't like the new anti-privacy law can simply not use the internet. Of course!

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/0...acy_criticism/
    Perhaps I should twist Sensenbrenner's logic against him and suggest that he should move to North Korea if he doesn't like the concept of the "canaille" having privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Given his age, and that his job, life experience, and education are almost certainly non-technical. It's entirely possible that he, personally, may not make much use of the internet. Or doesn't understand that all the stuff he sees on his phone is 'internet'. I have a suspicion that Hillary was similarly baffled, and may not have understood thing one about the whole e-mail fiasco.
    Well, maybe. But if he's so ignorant about something, he really shouldn't be giving his opinion on it! And he definitely should not have voted for something he doesn't understand. This is political corruption!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFox View Post
    Perhaps I should twist Sensenbrenner's logic against him and suggest that he should move to North Korea if he doesn't like the concept of the "canaille" having privacy.
    Ha ha! Nice retort!

And "canaille", eh? Thanks for teaching me a new word!

I'm a little bit puzzled by the Wiktionary entry, though. "Canaille" is apparently a loan-word from French referring to the lowest class of people; the rabble; plebeians. So it means the same in English as it does in French.

But in Canada it also means "shorts" or "inferior flour"!? Wow! That's a bit random!

Well, maybe. But if he's so ignorant about something, he really shouldn't be giving his opinion on it! And he definitely should not have voted for something he doesn't understand. This is political corruption!

LOL. Here's a new avatar for you: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diogenes_searches.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	29130

You're welcome.