Bedwetters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trevor said:
I've been 24/7 for the last five months. It's not the longest stretch I've done but it's pretty long for me. Although I'm in diapers all the time, I'm not trying or pretending to be incontinent. It's diaper wearing and using that I enjoy but incontinence doesn't have any appeal at all. I'm sorry for those who are stuck with it and I sure hope I don't ever have to be.

Smart boy.

I had one mainly dry period in my life, from 25 until my mid-40s. When I was younger and living at home my parents dealt with it in the ways that were usual back then, including various mild punishments as well as fairly constant criticism. They tried different methods including the 'nothing to drink after 7 p.m.' rule and 4 a..m. wakings. Because it was thought to be psychological I eventually got sent to a counselor who said it was no big deal, telling me that I was dry at night except for the 30 or 40 seconds when my bladder emptied. He told my parents it wasn't uncommon after puberty for boys and advised them to back off a bit and have me do my own laundry which I did throughout high school. My mom always kept a waterproof cover on the mattress and a cotton pad between the waterproof cover and the top sheet. By my late teens the bedwetting decreased quite a lot although it increased into my 20 after I moved out on my own and started drinking alcohol, which was forbidden at home. But eventually I settled down in a more stable life and it didn't affect me for quite a while. Later on in my 40s after I developed some serious medical problems it started again. I remember the shock of the first time waking up in a wet bed in my mid-40s and not having any protection on the bed. I started to deal with it using mattress protection and diapers. I think there's a lot more knowledge and understanding about it than there used to be when I was growing up when it was seen as a maturity and even behavioral problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back