Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ices1

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So my partner and i have been together a while 4 years. While i told her pretty early on about my love of diapers. She does not understand nor want to be apart of it in anyway.

Well we moved im together about 2 years ago. I used to wear once a week without her home. While in the last 7 months our days have lined up. We are home at the same time and leave at about the same. So that means no time to myself. Now my urges are at the highest they have ever been. Im lost in what to do. They are making me cranky and upset. Yet i dont want to disappoint or offend my girlfriend.

So any advice

Welp, I don't have much time to respond, but if there's any kinds of things that she likes to do do but seldom gets a chance to (Whether that's goto the spa and salon and get a mani-pedi, cut or blowout, eyebrows, etc. or go rock climbing with her friends for an afternoon) you could just basically treat her to that by arranging it for her. Then you have a few hours to indulge, she gets an indulgence and you both go out to a nice dinner together afterwards.

Without getting to "preachy" I have found that if one isn't willing to participate or have any interest you really can't have the best of both worlds. This in my previous experience has led to a crossroads where a decision needs to be made. You will have to weigh what is more important to you. The relationship you have or your desire to play in the little world. Of course you can always find a means to play without being in her presence but I would try to impress that if you do this make sure it's not being done behind her back in a malicious manner. This could lead to resentment, fighting, etc. I am fortunate that my partner is understanding of my incontinence and with a little initial hesitation supports my play time and actively participates. I think the reason he participates now is I was able to convey what my desires were and make it a mutual thing. This might be the case for you where you'll need to take the time to explain it in a manner she can understand and hopefully support.

Unfortunately there is not a lot of legitimate reading material to help support your case but there is a large community of us who have been in or are in your shoes and can offer advice. If it is something she would be open to I would round up a handful of members and host a chat that you and her can actively participate in. I'm not a relationship counselor by any means, I have just found what worked for me in my relationship. Either way hopefully you are able to come to some middle ground and one will have to concede to make the other happy. My partner wasn't excited about babying me at first but as time went on and he began to understand what my feelings were it is now something that is extremely enjoyable for both of us. I hope you find the same.

You can always message me to if I can be of any further help.

BabyBlueBlanket

So what you have here is, ultimately, a failure to communicate.

You say you told her when you started your relationship and she let you know that she didn't want to be a part of it. That part is fine: good, clear communication. But what has happened since is not. You have allowed a basic human need (your own desire for comfort through a fetish that, though she doesn't understand, is in fact an essential element of you) to retreat and hide and fester. In doing so, you've created a situation that is unhealthy for your relationship: you are "getting cranky and upset" and beginning to blame your girlfriend for it. Though you care for her and "don't want to disappoint or offend" her, the truth is that you've placed yourself in an untenable position: things will only continue to get worse until you talk it out.

I know that's probably not the advice you want to hear, as it is likely to be the hardest thing for you to do. It may jeopardize your relationship. She has already rejected your fetish once. On the other hand, your current level of anxiety is evidence enough that continuing the status quo is simply not an option. So tell her your problem. But prepare. Do it in a thoughtful, adult way. You are her boyfriend, after all, not a baby seeking comfort. Make her dinner, or take her out; this has to be handled in an adult setting. Tell her how much you love her (if that's where your relationship is), and then explain that you don't want anything to come between you. When you bring up the diaper stuff, be sure to acknowledge that you know she has told you she doesn't want to be a part of it, and you respect that. But explain to her how much it is a part of you. Tell her it is a harmless thing that gives you pleasure even if, at first, it seems totally weird. Tell her about your current level of anxiety caused by the fact that you are leaving it out of your life for her because you are always together. If she responds by asking whether you'd rather not be together, emphatically deny this, but tell her you need some opportunity in your life for the diapers or you'll implode; surely she's noticed you've not been yourself lately, right? She might ask if she's not enough; tell her of course she is enough...for your love, for your relationship, for all of your world. But there is a single deep need inside of you that needs to be satisfied once in a while. Maybe you'd prefer her to be a part of that; it would be perfect that way. But though she doesn't want to, you still need it. And ask her how to help you work out opportunities to do so.

Maybe she'll suggest that she can go out with friends. Maybe she'll offer to try it with you once. Maybe she'll be disgusted and leave you. It's impossible to know. But you really don't have an option here: you have to talk with her about this.

babyblueblanket said:
Without getting to "preachy" I have found that if one isn't willing to participate or have any interest you really can't have the best of both worlds. This in my previous experience has led to a crossroads where a decision needs to be made. You will have to weigh what is more important to you. The relationship you have or your desire to play in the little world. Of course you can always find a means to play without being in her presence but I would try to impress that if you do this make sure it's not being done behind her back in a malicious manner. This could lead to resentment, fighting, etc. I am fortunate that my partner is understanding of my incontinence and with a little initial hesitation supports my play time and actively participates. I think the reason he participates now is I was able to convey what my desires were and make it a mutual thing. This might be the case for you where you'll need to take the time to explain it in a manner she can understand and hopefully support.

Unfortunately there is not a lot of legitimate reading material to help support your case but there is a large community of us who have been in or are in your shoes and can offer advice. If it is something she would be open to I would round up a handful of members and host a chat that you and her can actively participate in. I'm not a relationship counselor by any means, I have just found what worked for me in my relationship. Either way hopefully you are able to come to some middle ground and one will have to concede to make the other happy. My partner wasn't excited about babying me at first but as time went on and he began to understand what my feelings were it is now something that is extremely enjoyable for both of us. I hope you find the same.

You can always message me to if I can be of any further help.

BabyBlueBlanket

Thank you, if I got question for sure I will message you

kerry said:
So what you have here is, ultimately, a failure to communicate.

One sentence that I think sums it up. I'd quote all of it but this pretty much sums it up I feel.

I know it's hard. When I first told my fiance.... i... I was so scared. And it wasn't a wine time thing. We had Many talks and so much fear 81st each one. But he understands mostly and does things for me, where he can over a long distance relationship. Be it online role play, for dropping things like "it's time for bed little one" when he calls for the night.

Wear on the down low.

~Rob

Ices1 said:
So my partner and i have been together a while 4 years. While i told her pretty early on about my love of diapers. She does not understand nor want to be apart of it in anyway.

Well we moved im together about 2 years ago. I used to wear once a week without her home. While in the last 7 months our days have lined up. We are home at the same time and leave at about the same. So that means no time to myself. Now my urges are at the highest they have ever been. Im lost in what to do. They are making me cranky and upset. Yet i dont want to disappoint or offend my girlfriend.

So any advice
Some great advice here already, expecially from Kerry. I will add that the absolute WORST thing that you can do is "wear on the down low", and/or try to hide wearing from her. Doing that will ruin any trust that you have together, and it's not something that most couples come back from. Her interpretation will likely be that diapers are MORE important to YOU than her feelings. If you talk it out, and reassure her ahead of time, you may very well be able to reach an "arrangement" that allows you a little alone time. If you don't talk it out, and you try to hide it from her, she will NOT be grateful that you tried to "keep her out of it", she will be jealous and suspicious that diapers are more important to you than HER.

This is the voice of experience talking :(

As others have said, the only answer is communication. She may never "embrace" your attachment to diapers, but she'll be far more likely to work WITH you on finding a solution if you DON'T try and hide it from her. Trying to find a "sneaky" workaround, where you just do it on the "down low", without telling her, will inevitably lead to her finding out unexpectedly. She'll come home early, you'll leave something out, the smells or other signs will be noticed, and she will begin to not trust you. She'll think that you resent HER, and that you are just constantly "waiting for her to leave", so you can spend time with your precious diapers. How else is she supposed to feel, if you've not talked about it? This doesn't end well for either one of you...

Again... The voice of experience talking...

Living with somebody who has a strong fetish that you don't share is always difficult, a challenge. It's virtually impossible if the one with the fetish feels they have to hide it/supress it.

Just my two cents :)

Last edited:
That was great advice! Good show mate

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back