Not open for further replies.

LifeGoesOn223

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
So long thing short.
How does being AB affect your day to day life and decisions you make?

For me my life revolves around being ab and it effects my life...alot

Last edited:
I keep them entirely separate. So it doesn't really have much of an effect on my daily life.

DprEffect said:
I keep them entirely separate. So it doesn't really have much of an effect on my daily life.

Affects me alot

I mostly felt like Dexter from the television show. Two separate lifes, nobody knows, sometimes struggling with my "dark" urges and sometimes being at ease with them. I watched that show mostly because of the parallels.

Yeah, I'm usually "Dexter". Most of the time during the day, I have a lot of things I have to do so I'm in a natural adult state. At night, I'm almost always diapered. On Saturday I typically have a baby day if nothing is happening which means diapers and having fun.

Life choices is kinda vague. I enjoy wearing diapers, so I make time for that during evenings, but I wouldn't cancel social plans just to wear diapers more, it's more like diapers are one of the things I do on calm nights or when I don't have other plans, same as videogames or reading a book (all of which overlap). I do live alone rather than, say, seeking a roommate to reduce my overall cost of living and save more money. But I'm financially able to do that and still save a good chunk of my income, and I strongly suspect I would want to live alone at this point in my life even if I didn't wear diapers because I love the freedom of controlling my own home and coming and going as I please. So, being able to be diapered more freely is just something of a perk. There are other things I like that are maybe ABDL-related. Like, I enjoy watching cartoons, so some of my TV time is spent on stuff like Steven Universe and My Little Pony rather than, say, Supernatural and Game of Thrones, which I suppose is an ABDL motivated choice. But if we're starting to look at all my preferences from favorite foods, to entertainment, to mannerisms and word choice and everything else, I think it's pretty hard to untangle all the influences that go into those things.

Overall, I'd put it this way. ABDL is an influence on who I am. It's a core piece of me. It helps balance all the other pieces, brings me joy, influences my beliefs and preferences, and my outlook on the world. It is also just one piece, and there are many others such as my family and upbringing, my education, my work, and my religion, to name a few. All put together, these are the things that make me, me.

for me been a AB is part of my life. so I wear diapers 24/7 and when I have the time to myself I play with my toys and play as baby :biggrin:

everyone has to find their own balance, i think.

It's not always about being an ab or diaper lover. It helps with confidence when wearing duaoers

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Diapers

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

ArchieRoni said:
Overall, I'd put it this way. ABDL is an influence on who I am. It's a core piece of me. It helps balance all the other pieces, brings me joy, influences my beliefs and preferences, and my outlook on the world. It is also just one piece, and there are many others such as my family and upbringing, my education, my work, and my religion, to name a few. All put together, these are the things that make me, me.

This basically. ^_^

DprEffect said:

I do the same thing keep them separate but I do wish that I could bring my plushie with me everywhere though.

For the most part I am a lifestyle little so it is a big part of my day to day life. There are times that I have to be grown up but as long as the grown up things are taken care of I am little as often as possible and it affects nearly every decision that I make. From what I eat and drink to where we go on vacation. But this is what I am comfortable with, that is part of the whole lifestyle that you decide to live. Some people are much more guarded and need to keep it seperate I am just much more comfortable being open.

I guess I should clarify. Like ArchiRon said it's a part of me that embrace, but just a part. The degree to which is consumes my attention waxes and wanes... this year has been intense and so it's been very present.

I hide from most people the stuff that would weird them out and make them needlessly uncomfortable, but I don't really hide my love of toys, toons, games, and my ... um ... not very grown up an manly fashion choices.

I guess I just wanted to be explicit that it doesn't need to be black or white, but there's room for shades of grey and different greys at different times...

ArchieRoni said:
Life choices is kinda vague. I enjoy wearing diapers, so I make time for that during evenings, but I wouldn't cancel social plans just to wear diapers more, it's more like diapers are one of the things I do on calm nights or when I don't have other plans, same as videogames or reading a book (all of which overlap). I do live alone rather than, say, seeking a roommate to reduce my overall cost of living and save more money. But I'm financially able to do that and still save a good chunk of my income, and I strongly suspect I would want to live alone at this point in my life even if I didn't wear diapers because I love the freedom of controlling my own home and coming and going as I please. So, being able to be diapered more freely is just something of a perk. There are other things I like that are maybe ABDL-related. Like, I enjoy watching cartoons, so some of my TV time is spent on stuff like Steven Universe and My Little Pony rather than, say, Supernatural and Game of Thrones, which I suppose is an ABDL motivated choice. But if we're starting to look at all my preferences from favorite foods, to entertainment, to mannerisms and word choice and everything else, I think it's pretty hard to untangle all the influences that go into those things.

*cough* well

First I thought, nah, it dont affect my life at all. But then...um - yes totally!! I need soooo much time for myself and my AB interests so having family/a relationship is totally out of question. Yes, I know you can do both but that is not for me.

It definitely affects my life. I make no effort to hide the more socially acceptable parts of being a little (playing with toys, coloring, liking cartoons). So maybe sometimes I'll sit down and color instead of say, playing video games. And sometimes I'll watch a cartoon instead of something more grown up. But really it's just another part of my life. It influences the things I do, but so does my passion for music. And my interest in the occult and spooky things. It's just another part of my personality.

LifeGoesOn223 said:
So long thing short.
How does being AB affect your day to day life and decisions you make?

For me my life revolves around being ab and it effects my life...alot
It affects me a lot also.. I kind of find it odd that some say, "I keep them separate, so it doesn't affect me"... Don't they realize that by definition, that IS an "affect"? My life doesn't "revolve around" being an AB and/or wearing diapers, but of course it affects my day-to-day that I actually DO wear diapers. It affects my diet, my personal hygiene, my schedule.. a lot of things. It's not the main factor, for ANY of those things, but it is a factor :)

Also of course, because I have a strong "attachment" to diapers, it affects my personal relationships. I have NO desire to be in a relationship with anybody who doesn't accept my diapers, so that DOES affect me, and profoundly. I know that I'm not going to just one day STOP wearing diapers, so NOT telling a prospective love-interest is out of the question. That's a major effect, right there :)

Currently, I wear 24/7. It doesn't impact every moment of my day, but it is always present in the background. I can go hours without even noticing/remembering that I am diapered, then I have to pee, or I hear my own "crinkle", or something else reminds me in SPADES that I am in fact, a 24/7 diaper-wearer. So yeah, it affects my life a lot, but not ALL of my life, if that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back