Depend returning to plastic backed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they do a field destroy the cloth backed ones will remain till retailer supplies and warehouses are depleted that is if they do product rotation or stuff old to the back and forget they are there. that is the 64,000 dollar question would like to see each retailers response to a inquiry on this.

Im sure retailers will sell off there remaining stock. Maybe they will discount them at least.

INCONTAL said:
Im sure retailers will sell off there remaining stock. Maybe they will discount them at least.
Are you kidding there is a pharmacy near me that has depends original diaper doublers on the shelf , they were discontinued eons ago , they were actually a great product , I don't buy them because I have a bag in my collection, and they are over priced .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Cool. The cloth like did not stay snug for me.

I wish that they would do the same thing to GoodNites to be honest.

Lestat said:
Here a idea. Require 2 new Plastic Pants and black light and Plastic back diapers and Cloth back diapers.

Put a plastic back diaper and Plastic pants on. Soak 1 time check Plastic pants with black light. Wet it again check with black light after each time You notice it DRY until the diaper start leaking.

Now do the same thing with Cloth back diapers. First soak you notice plastic pants are damp Scan it with a black light the Urine should glow. Second time it worse.
Interesting idea, though not sure what this has to do with this thread though, perhaps it deserves its own thread?

xpluswearer said:
VICTORY!!! Lets hope they are like the 80 to early 90's version with more material and I would consider buying a pack to try them out

From the cheapskates running kimberly clark? they won't spend anymore money then absolutely necessary on this product to get people buying it again, seriously I'm amazed, I figured they'd just drop the briefs all together like the undergarments.

rennecfox said:
Interesting idea, though not sure what this has to do with this thread though, perhaps it deserves its own thread?
Well I don't have the recording equipment so I let someone try it out. I do know when I wet one pull up or cloth diaper they seem damp.

Glad to hear it. I wore them a long time because they fit so well. The cloth ones are just a bit too small and literally fall down when wet and messy.

thickdiapers said:

Really wish that poise brief they put out at one point was released in the us though

Lestat said:
Well I don't have the recording equipment so I let someone try it out. I do know when I wet one pull up or cloth diaper they seem damp.

I meant make a new thread to advertise it in in diaper talk, not post it in an existing thread where it has nothing to do with the original topic. XD

Like I said, Depends in the US is catering to our baby boomers age group. They are making what that majority wants, and for a while now that has been thin, "discrete", and cheap crap that is only good enough for minor leakage.

As the baby boomers age, they are now needing actual diapers that can take a light or moderate wetting. Continue this trend, and in another 10 years Depends will probably be making diapers at least as good as what's overseas.

I'm glad they came to their senses and are bringing back the plastic backed diapers, but I really wish they did their market research first and never got rid of it in the first place.

zaps said:
I'm glad they came to their senses and are bringing back the plastic backed diapers, but I really wish they did their market research first and never got rid of it in the first place.
Now you've done it, asked them to apply logic and common sense to there business model ?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I may buy one pack after a few months just to make sure they get rid of the cloth ones, maybe they will be ok but I'm so used to the good diapers that they won't be nearly as dependable haha pun for my OAB. I could see needing them if I have have occasional bowel Ic from food poisoning or something, as I have experienced this a few times in the past 4 years and it sucks

SO happy to hear this! When tripled up, they are pretty absorbent ;)

Anyway, it is so important to have these readily available in stores. Often when traveling, I end up buying these on longer trips, as I don't want to pack 2 suitcases worth of diapers ;)

bambinobaby said:
SO happy to hear this! When tripled up, they are pretty absorbent ;)

Anyway, it is so important to have these readily available in stores. Often when traveling, I end up buying these on longer trips, as I don't want to pack 2 suitcases worth of diapers ;)

I don't know about your experience, but around me, the only place I was able to find the plastic-back Depend diapers in stores was at Walmart. Walmart is pretty widely available, but I also remember buying them at CVS, Walgreen, etc, of which none of those stores carried the Protection with Tabs product for years.

INCONTAL said:

Maybe it was a one-off thing, but the last time I went to Walmart, which has reliably been the only place for the Protection with Tabs, they were not stocking the new "improved" product, not even an empty space of the shelf for them, just not there. I wonder if the retailers were having trouble selling them and stopped stocking them, and KC was starting to feel the pressure and decided they made a mistake?

The problem with Walmart is they only carried Depend Protection With Tabs in the small size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends are good when your ruining low obsconded diapers

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back