Depend returning to plastic backed

Status
Not open for further replies.
rennecfox said:
Really wish that poise brief they put out at one point was released in the us though

I meant make a new thread to advertise it in in diaper talk, not post it in an existing thread where it has nothing to do with the original topic. XD

you are addict to Opium?

in south america depends are as bad as in america, just is an basic diaper that can hold fine few voids but nothing big or serious as for use an thicker diaper, if in brazil does things with plastic or nor plastic no idea, in chile the depends that we get are made in argentina with the cloth like and also with an eufemism of brand, depend plenitud, lol is just a bit eufemistic put plenitude as co barnd
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by thickdiapers

The crazy thing is that Depend actually make good diapers in other markets. Never understood that.

Australia:

http://www.vichealth.com.au/vichealt...t=500&ext=.jpg

Mexico:
https://www.superama.com.mx/Content/...194345376L.jpg

Brazil:

http://thumbs.buscape.com.br/fraldas...-PU7598d_1.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dltrainer said:
you are addict to Opium?

Excuse me? Do you even know what I'm talking about to jump in and make such a rude response? Because I'm having a hard time understanding what you are going on about. It doesn't seem relevant to the European Poise brief though so please butt out.

update: Just real
On top of that you combined two replies! what is that about? They aren't related :wallbash: The second part of the comment was to Lestat as his post has no relevance to depends whatsover, so no clue why you felt a need to quote it. Poise bries on the other hand are a product of Kimberly Clark, so there is relevance, also they are thick and plasticid.jpg

Last edited:
had to edit the post since i quoted the wrong one, but there is, on mexico and brazil are not the depends better than in local market, only has some other products lines but that do not mean that be better in elsewere, just the depends are basic and that is like all, is like put in comparison side by side an small old car with an sports car, which one is better, is all according with the needs, if you need go faster go by the sports car, if you only want get from a point a to b get the small car, on the diaper world is also like that that is why are differents brands and differents kinds for each need of the customer.

dltrainer said:
had to edit the post since i quoted the wrong one, but there is, on mexico and brazil are not the depends better than in local market, only has some other products lines but that do not mean that be better in elsewere, just the depends are basic and that is like all, is like put in comparison side by side an small old car with an sports car, which one is better, is all according with the needs, if you need go faster go by the sports car, if you only want get from a point a to b get the small car, on the diaper world is also like that that is why are differents brands and differents kinds for each need of the customer.

I still have no idea what the heck you are on about, you are very hard to understand, but the rudeness was universally understood. I'm have not been talking about mexico or brazil depends so why do you keep bringing them up?

Well today I went on my normal thrift store run and to a radio shack store that is sadly closing but in my route I hit 6 rite aid stores and lucked out on 2, so I got 2 bags of the new depends, from the package the most noticeable difference is the main front of the package is vertical to where you open them up, I could find them in size large and the diaper it's self is just about the same as the pre 2016 version, the plastic seems a little softer and not as crinkly and the tapes are more narrow and are white rather then semi transparent but I have yet to have one fail, I have had one on now for about 8 hours dry and is holding up well, so over all I am quite happy. I honestly have never been this exited about a diaper! more so over a depends brand, to me this means lower cost and back to one diaper a day when I have close access to a bathroom, less clumping and not having the thing slide down after an hour or two, work on Monday will be the real test but I don't expect any problems, I will post a picture of the package later as now is time for sleep

DracoAmericanus said:
Well today I went on my normal thrift store run and to a radio shack store that is sadly closing but in my route I hit 6 rite aid stores and lucked out on 2, so I got 2 bags of the new depends, from the package the most noticeable difference is the main front of the package is vertical to where you open them up, I could find them in size large and the diaper it's self is just about the same as the pre 2016 version, the plastic seems a little softer and not as crinkly and the tapes are more narrow and are white rather then semi transparent but I have yet to have one fail, I have had one on now for about 8 hours dry and is holding up well, so over all I am quite happy. I honestly have never been this exited about a diaper! more so over a depends brand, to me this means lower cost and back to one diaper a day when I have close access to a bathroom, less clumping and not having the thing slide down after an hour or two, work on Monday will be the real test but I don't expect any problems, I will post a picture of the package later as now is time for sleep

Yeah they actually are working pretty well despite what a previous jerk in the thread may have to say about them.

I went by K-Mart, the only store left in my town carrying Depends with tabs, and they were still the cloth backed version. Hopefully they get switched over soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called one diaper supplier that only has the medical stuff and asked for the plastic depends, the operator did not know they switched back and sure enough they had them in stock so I ordered a case as right now it's them or ebay until local stores sell off the crappie ones

I'm glad to hear this, I may just pick up a pack if I see a return to store shelves.

If I go looking for these in my local store, how can I tell from the packaging if it is the cloth backed or plastic backed diapers? I hear the packaging is similar.

I keep getting a damned upload failure when trying to post a picture but the cloth-like one will have a purple and yellow print that says "NEW Refastenable TABS" and the purple part says "Soft Outer Cover" and the picture of the diaper it's self only has two tapes preside, the plastic backed ones don't have that text and look like the pre 2016 version with 3 tapes preside on the image of the diaper on the package

I for one haven't used Depends in years, but they were my first adult diaper before I experienced products found online. It's nice to see that a company does in fact listen to customers concerns sometimes.

Oddly for me and my version of IC they have been the best diaper for me, not to thin or thick and hold up for a full day, I don't void in them, just a slow dribble, kinda like my dang mercury mounter, except it dribbles fuel past a half tank, too bad I can't swap a bladder like I can a fuel tank

HawkMan said:
If I go looking for these in my local store, how can I tell from the packaging if it is the cloth backed or plastic backed diapers? I hear the packaging is similar.

If it says "New refasten-able tabs" thats the old cloth like product

I was nevus about my order form HDIS as there description if the depends diaper had the picture for the new ones but the test was for the old one, my case of 60 came in today and was elated that they are the new plastic version and functionary the same as the old ones just white tapes instead of clear ones. I did have a tape fail but I think that's my fault as I only taping on the two top tapes, gives me that gramper's to pampers feeling but that puts a lot of stress on the two upper tapes, but over all if I could do a diaper dance I would be doing it quite happily. To me they have only been the one cheap brand I can wear just one for the full day as I don't void
but I am very happy happy happy happy :) :)

Just curious - are they different enough from the original plastic (before the switch to cloth) to be worth trying again? Also, can anyone verify if the small/medium still has that dreadful mile long of dead plastic? I really like the waistband but I never could stand all that plastic with no padding.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

I do not know anything about Depends other then they are a nappy that sometimes is avertised on the TV. They maybe swiching back to the cloth diapers to save money and be greedy because of economics! I mean to protect the enviroment.

Though if they are doing something like that and they are not good at least take down the price so that people can buy them. If they are been greedy meanies and charging more then what is the point in buying a diaper for adults if it is just going to fall apart after one wetting or messing?

I do not think even old people and incontence people would apriceate their nappies falling to bits after use and it also makes more work for the people who are caring for the disablied. They do not need to change and also give the person a bath afterwards.

DLScottsman said:
I got a letter from Kimberly Clark because I had complained about the new cloth backed ones. The letter stated that in mid April they are going back to a plastic backed tape on.
I will still not be buying from Depend any longer because I prefer the better diapers online. Just letting the younger ABDLs.

I sure hope this is true!

Anyone in the Seattle area find the plastic backed Depends available in stores yet? If so, which ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back