Depend returning to plastic backed

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you still can't beet on line diapers

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

An important update

Photo on 3-16-17 at 7.16 PM.jpgPhoto on 3-16-17 at 7.17 PM.jpg

The Smalls/mediums are out now in some places.

rennecfox,
Your thoughts on them are they the same as the last version of the plastic backed or did they make massive improvements to them just wondering?

feel about the same to the touch, just changed a few minutes ago decided to give one of them a try, fits comforably, haven't had tape issues which was usually the big issue I'd have with depends. Pads definitely not improved though.

*update* been wearing this one an hour so decided to check, the indicator is already begining to disappear that said it doesn't feel uncomfortable or clumpy

I hope the large size comes out in some places too, soon.

Starrunner said:
The packaging in the photo is identical to the previous packaging. Is it possible that this is old stock being sold off?

Maybe, but this place had been selling the cloth stuff for quite awhile. They previously were the first place I noticed the cloths. Tapes also feel different

Just changed out of it, have to comment, held up comfortably while I was out no leaks, and heres the amazing thing, I was able to peel the tapes off when I changed! I noticed they are off white now, not transparent.

This is fantastic news.. i know i am one of the few that can say Depend with out having to say the word 'suck' after it, and granted they are no ABU or Bambino.. but they used to be my daily drivers. doubled up i could easily get 6-8 hours between changes. i just bought a two pack of Attends Waistband and was shocked at how inferior they were to Depend Max Protection: thinner, fit funny and NO STANDING LEAK GUARDS! Granted the plastic was really soft and they were nice and noisy which i love!

i also loved that fact that i could go into any Walmart anywhere in the country and pick up a pack at 2am. Somehow that made wearing and buying diapers a bit more ordinary and regular, like 'pick up some coffee, eggs and ..oh don't forget diapers.'

Starrunner said:
Well from the sound of it, then they are back on market. Last Tuesday, I stopped in a pharmacy and saw similar packages of the plastic backed diapers and I just assumed they were clearing out the old stuff. Good to know.

Maybe the April/May stated in the letter was when they expected most stores to have the plastic-backed diapers in stock, and many stores already have them?

I'm interested enough to find out that if I have the time I might stop in a store to see if they are back in stock.

randy1959 said:
This is fantastic news.. i know i am one of the few that can say Depend with out having to say the word 'suck' after it, and granted they are no ABU or Bambino....Granted the plastic was really soft and they were nice and noisy which i love!

They're the last gen of depends plastic, they aren't at all really noisy.

I hope they bring the filling allbte way to the top of the front and back of their diapers.

Are these anything close to confidry 24/7? Since I moved to confidry I've minimized leaks in the night and it seems much better at containing bowel accidents. Just curious about how these fair...

I would say 4 depends = 1 dry 24/7

randy1959 said:
This is fantastic news.. i know i am one of the few that can say Depend with out having to say the word 'suck' after it, and granted they are no ABU or Bambino.. but they used to be my daily drivers. doubled up i could easily get 6-8 hours between changes. i just bought a two pack of Attends Waistband and was shocked at how inferior they were to Depend Max Protection: thinner, fit funny and NO STANDING LEAK GUARDS! Granted the plastic was really soft and they were nice and noisy which i love!

i also loved that fact that i could go into any Walmart anywhere in the country and pick up a pack at 2am. Somehow that made wearing and buying diapers a bit more ordinary and regular, like 'pick up some coffee, eggs and ..oh don't forget diapers.'
You do know that merchandisers figured this out many years ago, in a lot of stores during football season they stock diapers right close to the beer cooler as an impulse buy , they just have had no idea to put adult diapers there also, what's more American than a nice game of football well padded, although depend kind of hinted at the football thing with the real fit commercial last year.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

INCONTAL said:
I would say 4 depends = 1 dry 24/7
I see, I've never tried them before, thanks for letting me know

miapeters said:
I see, I've never tried them before, thanks for letting me know

I'd even say that's an optimistic estimate :p

quattrus said:
I'd even say that's an optimistic estimate :p
I was really impressed with the confidry's so I became more open to change. Before that I was just stuck to abena because I've used it for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back