Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So I got lucky and found a switch. I've also gotten Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild with it. I've been glued to it for the past week. I love this game. It's puzzles are entertaining and I'm loving the landscape.

I've been playing a lot! I preordered my Switch back in January. I do have a problem with the frame drops tho.

I haven't noticed much drops in framerate. I only found my switch because I got to my local place first thing in the morning.

KryanAshford said:
I haven't noticed much drops in framerate. I only found my switch because I got to my local place first thing in the morning.

I have had 2 major frame drops when entering a new area with enemies .

Yes. This game is ... everything I ever loved about games from so long ago that I've only recently found in super hard things like Hyper Light Drifter.

The frame rate drop is weird, because it happens all the time, but it's not very disruptive... it's like they're still updating Link and the UI at full framerate and just the world goes slow or something weird...

I'm looking forward to playing it, but I don't plan to get it for a while. I still have plenty of other things to play, anyway.

I have never really been a Zelda fan, nothing against the series but it's just never captured me.....Until Breath of The Wild. This game is truly outstanding and is already one of my favorite games I have ever played. I pre ordered my Switch back in January as soon as they were up on Amazon. I have definitely had frame rate drops but considering this game is a port from the Wii U I would say that's the cause of a lot of it. So far I have been blown away by both the Switch and Breath of the Wild and I am really looking forward to what Nintendo has next.

Zelda has been kind of awful since Ocarina of Time... Wind Waker almost saved it, but it was still formulaic. BotW has the same open uncertain character that made Zelda, Link, an Link to the Past great... old school, not gonna hold your hand, world of possibilities...

Looks really cool, but I'm holding out on buying a Switch until there are more titles available. I know some friends who have them, though.

I've got it for the Wii U, probably not going to buy a Switch until Xenoblade 2 at the earliest. I'm loving the game, but I honestly can't explain why. The combat's fairly basic, it's essentially Dark Souls without the weight; there's barely any music; and weapons are about as durable as bread sticks. But yet I can't put the game down...

- - - Updated - - -

AdorableRabbit said:
Zelda has been kind of awful since Ocarina of Time... Wind Waker almost saved it, but it was still formulaic.
I don't get the love for Ocarina of Time. I played the 3ds version as my first 3d Zelda, and put it down several times before giving up and selling it. I did really enjoy Majora's Mask 3d though.

Would you recommend Wind Waker to someone whose Zelda experience is only Ocarina, Majora, Link Between Worlds and Breath of the Wild? I've be tempted to grab the Wii U version for a while.

I watched videos of it, and I can see that it's amazing. It's as if like they put Zelda, Skyrim, and the laws of physics in a blender.

Shadow456 said:
I've got it for the Wii U, probably not going to buy a Switch until Xenoblade 2 at the earliest. I'm loving the game, but I honestly can't explain why. The combat's fairly basic, it's essentially Dark Souls without the weight; there's barely any music; and weapons are about as durable as bread sticks. But yet I can't put the game down...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get the love for Ocarina of Time. I played the 3ds version as my first 3d Zelda, and put it down several times before giving up and selling it. I did really enjoy Majora's Mask 3d though.

Would you recommend Wind Waker to someone whose Zelda experience is only Ocarina, Majora, Link Between Worlds and Breath of the Wild? I've be tempted to grab the Wii U version for a while.

I dunno... I dropped Wind Waker during the initial set of more scripted adventures... honestly after BotW I don;t think I can ever replay the old Zeldas... except maybe Majora's mask or Link to the Past...

More than 100 hours in. It really scratches my exploration itch! Just about my perfect game. Great mix of exploring, puzzles and combat. First time a Zelda game has made it into my to ten list.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back