New goodnites!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skwuzzy said:
I've found that weight doesn't mean much. Its waist/hip size that counts. I'm 153 lbs with a 32" waist and I legitimately fit into the new ones. The old ones left the top of my ass crack showing. I would describe the fit of the new ones on me like wearing a pair of brief underwear that was one waist size smaller than I would usually wear. They're tight, but they really do fit.

What's your hip measurement though? Assuming you're a cis-male, it's possibly not much larger than 32", depending on your proportions. With 38" hips I *can* squeeze into them if I put them on very carefully, but they're stretched to the max.

Edit: incase anyone reading is interested in pullup sizing - I am somewhere between a small and medium in both Tena and Molicare Pullups. I tried out both the small and medium Molicare Mobiles - the medium I can "fill out" with no bagginess but with little to no stretching, the small is very stretched and snug. I'd say I'm probably the largest hip size who can 'fit' into Goodnites in the usual sense of the word.

Last edited:
If any of you guys have ever worn Goodnites/Drynites or similar products when you were under 14 years old and had a waist of 28" or less (presumably the hips would also be 28" or less as well if you are a guy), then you will know what the product is actually supposed to fit like. Any guy claiming that they fit as intended that has a waist size in excess of 30" is not being truthful or they just don't realize how they actually fit a boy who actually wears size 12 or 14 clothing (which would be about 11-14 years old depending). I actually wore goodnites when I was a kid and know how they are supposed to fit. Further keep in mind that guys who are well endowed will have to be even skinnier to get the intended fit and the product to function ideally. The fact of the matter is that L/XL Goodnites are designed equivalent to boys size 14 underwear, so if you can't comfortably wear boys size 14 underwear or smaller then Goodnites won't fit you properly despite the fact you can get them on or just squeeze into them or whatever the case may be.

As far as girls go, unfortunately generally after puberty the hips get wider for obvious reasons, so this makes getting a good fit more difficult obviously. Girls need both their hips and waist to be below 29" (they can be about 1/2" or 1" at most wider due to not having to account for the male anatomy). Generally most girls won't fit properly (as intended by KC) after age 12 or 13 due to the hips being too wide (in excess of 29").

I don't know why everyone always has to say oh I have like a 36" waist and 38" hips and they fit me perfectly or something to that effect...but I digress

Personally I have a 28" waist and 28.5" hips (I weigh 135 lbs but I am 6'1") and in my opinion they just barely "fit me as the manufacturer intended." The weight doesn't really matter as much as the waist, the hips, etc. as someone could be tall but a bit heavier than the range and fit or conversely within the weight range but short (and therefore too fat). Keep in mind the weights pertain to the average boy or girl and the height they would be, they are meaningless for adults.

I can honestly say that I can wear Goodnites, Underjams and other store brand products without them ever tearing or becoming loose, or having any issues and further with Underjams I never leak even when I flood them and with Goodnites I maybe have a small leak once in a blue moon if I really flood them. Keep in mind your results will also vary due to your specific urine production and bladder capacity.

I have yet to try the newest iteration but plan to get some soon, so sorry I cannot comment specifically on the new ones yet.

Well they "fit" me with 38 hips as in that they cover my butt crack and don't rip as long as I don't make any sudden movements :lol. But no, they don't fit as the manufacturer intended.

If any of you guys have ever worn Goodnites/Drynites or similar products when you were under 14 years old and had a waist of 28" or less (presumably the hips would also be 28" or less as well if you are a guy), then you will know what the product is actually supposed to fit like. Any guy claiming that they fit as intended that has a waist size in excess of 30" is not being truthful or they just don't realize how they actually fit a boy who actually wears size 12 or 14 clothing (which would be about 11-14 years old depending). I actually wore goodnites when I was a kid and know how they are supposed to fit. Further keep in mind that guys who are well endowed will have to be even skinnier to get the intended fit and the product to function ideally. The fact of the matter is that L/XL Goodnites are designed equivalent to boys size 14 underwear, so if you can't comfortably wear boys size 14 underwear or smaller then Goodnites won't fit you properly despite the fact you can get them on or just squeeze into them or whatever the case may be.

Well they are meant to fit a 28 inch waist, that fits in the MIDDLE of the range. I had a 32 inch waist in middle school, I lost some weight from then to now, so I currently have a 31 inchish waist. Goodnites fit like they are meant to, and that IS truthful. Maybe my hips are disproportionately small, I don't know, but they stretch normally, have normal rise (same as my briefs), and hold a full wetting/flooding. The old ones were a bit too small (hardly noticeable), but the new ones seem perfect

GoodnitesLover8 said:
Well they are meant to fit a 28 inch waist, that fits in the MIDDLE of the range. I had a 32 inch waist in middle school, I lost some weight from then to now, so I currently have a 31 inchish waist. Goodnites fit like they are meant to, and that IS truthful. Maybe my hips are disproportionately small, I don't know, but they stretch normally, have normal rise (same as my briefs), and hold a full wetting/flooding. The old ones were a bit too small (hardly noticeable), but the new ones seem perfect
Actually, the top of the range is 28" waist, they stated that in their FAQ, also the package says up to size 14 and everywhere where you look up the waist size for size 14 the waist size is 27 to 28". The average middle school boy does not wear larger than size 14 (or 28" waist).
To be honest if you had a 32 inch waist in middle school you were probably overweight.
The waist for a 12 year old boy (7th grade) should be below 26", the average waist is 24". For a 10 year old boy (5th grade) the average waist is 23". The waist for a 14 year old boy (freshmen) should be below 30", the average waist is 28". These statistics are obtained from data from the CDC. Most boys when I was in 8th grade did not have a waist greater than 30", in fact most probably had a 27 to 28" waist.

Last edited:
cute

are these new goodnites available in canada? And has anybody seen them in stores yet? in GTA area?

Last edited:
CrinkleMyJimmies said:
What's your hip measurement though? Assuming you're a cis-male, it's possibly not much larger than 32", depending on your proportions. With 38" hips I *can* squeeze into them if I put them on very carefully, but they're stretched to the max.

Edit: incase anyone reading is interested in pullup sizing - I am somewhere between a small and medium in both Tena and Molicare Pullups. I tried out both the small and medium Molicare Mobiles - the medium I can "fill out" with no bagginess but with little to no stretching, the small is very stretched and snug. I'd say I'm probably the largest hip size who can 'fit' into Goodnites in the usual sense of the word.

I am a CIS male, and my hip size is about the same as my waist size. I'm a fitness nut, thus the 32" waist at 40 years old.

I finally got around to trying these as I found them in a store close by (in Vancouver Canada). They are definitely taller and improved absorption which is great. I still would way rather use a proper adult diaper as they work MUCH better, and these goodnites are still quite likely to leak with a good wetting from an adult (I am 28" waist, 130 lbs male). It is nice to see these improvements though as goodnites are the first diapers I ever used as a DL :sweatdrop:

okmis said:
Actually, the top of the range is 28" waist, they stated that in their FAQ, also the package says up to size 14 and everywhere where you look up the waist size for size 14 the waist size is 27 to 28". The average middle school boy does not wear larger than size 14 (or 28" waist).
To be honest if you had a 32 inch waist in middle school you were probably overweight.
The waist for a 12 year old boy (7th grade) should be below 26", the average waist is 24". For a 10 year old boy (5th grade) the average waist is 23". The waist for a 14 year old boy (freshmen) should be below 30", the average waist is 28". These statistics are obtained from data from the CDC. Most boys when I was in 8th grade did not have a waist greater than 30", in fact most probably had a 27 to 28" waist.

First of all, to be honest, you're offensive. Secondly, Goodnites doesn't have a FAQ much less state the waist size limit. Goodnites has ALWAYS measured fit by weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Wiles said:
I finally got around to trying these as I found them in a store close by (in Vancouver Canada). They are definitely taller and improved absorption which is great. I still would way rather use a proper adult diaper as they work MUCH better, and these goodnites are still quite likely to leak with a good wetting from an adult (I am 28" waist, 130 lbs male). It is nice to see these improvements though as goodnites are the first diapers I ever used as a DL :sweatdrop:

I'm glad to hear it. The new Goodnites are much better.

I'm also very impressed with the new Goodnites. :D

12srepaid said:
I'm also very impressed with the new Goodnites. :D

Three months later...

Inventor at Kimberly Clark: I HAVE AN IDEA!!! Let's make Goodnites small again!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

*Everyone at KC claps

GoodnitesLover8 said:
Three months later...

Inventor at Kimberly Clark: I HAVE AN IDEA!!! Let's make Goodnites small again!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

*Everyone at KC claps

Hopefully that will not happen (crosses fingers) but you may be right.

GoodnitesLover8 said:
Three months later...

*Everyone at KC claps

Your joking right?
GoodNites users: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

GoodnitesLover8 said:
First of all, to be honest, you're offensive. Secondly, Goodnites doesn't have a FAQ much less state the waist size limit. Goodnites has ALWAYS measured fit by weight.
You can clearly see on both the box/package and the website they list that they are only intended to fit up to Boys clothes size 14. The top image is taken directly from their website and the bottom is from a box of Goodnites. And they had an FAQ until their most recent website update. Most of the information from the FAQ section was redistributed throughout other sections of the website. Use the wayback machine and look if you don't remember the FAQ section.

GN's Size.jpg

What they claim on the package and/or website is one thing. Who they actually fit in the real world is another thing. Like I said, 32" waist and 153 lbs, and they fit me just like brief underwear.

Skwuzzy said:
What they claim on the package and/or website is one thing. Who they actually fit in the real world is another thing. Like I said, 32" waist and 153 lbs, and they fit me just like brief underwear.

I agree. Besides I don't know why he's making such a big deal out of it.

Skwuzzy said:
12srepaid said:
I agree. Besides I don't know why he's making such a big deal out of it.
I am simply stating that they are designed to fit only up to 28" or size 14. I am not saying you can't physically wear them with a 32" waist, but they inherently won't work as well simply because of a multitude of factors.
What they put on the package is not what I would call a "claim", it is listing the product's design specifications.
So if a package of boys briefs says size 12 (24-26") then would you say they only claim it is size 12 but it actually more like a men's medium?
So by that logic, if the Goodnites are marked size 14 then they are made for a boy who wears size 14 (with no more than a 28" waist).

Hopefully this makes sense to you guys.

okmis said:
I am simply stating that they are designed to fit only up to 28" or size 14. I am not saying you can't physically wear them with a 32" waist, but they inherently won't work as well simply because of a multitude of factors.
What they put on the package is not what I would call a "claim", it is listing the product's design specifications.
So if a package of boys briefs says size 12 (24-26") then would you say they only claim it is size 12 but it actually more like a men's medium?
So by that logic, if the Goodnites are marked size 14 then they are made for a boy who wears size 14 (with no more than a 28" waist).

Hopefully this makes sense to you guys.

Except it does work as well for me. The website does not fit the facts. The facts are that the Goodnites fit a full flooding and a halfish with no leaks. They fit like my underwear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back