New goodnites!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barush said:
Any idea when these will be out in the UK (as drynites)?

I have no idea. Since Goodnites and Drynites are owned by KC, but operated as separate companies, maybe never. Or the double leak guards on Goodnites could be a trial run for expansion to Drynites. I suppose we won't know for a while either way

I can't wait to try them! I didn't like it when they shortened them at all!

I checked the diaper isle at my local supermarket and they had the new ones. Too much risk of seeing someone I know at that store, so I'll grab some tomorrow in a town further away and give them a try. I really hope they work well, since they're the only thing I'll ever dare to wear in public.

Skwuzzy said:
I checked the diaper isle at my local supermarket and they had the new ones. Too much risk of seeing someone I know at that store, so I'll grab some tomorrow in a town further away and give them a try. I really hope they work well, since they're the only thing I'll ever dare to wear in public.

They are better than the previous model, at least for me. They are more absorbant and absorb faster. They are taller, a bit wider in the crotch, and deeper in the crotch.

This thread has reached over 2000 views. I didn't think people would care THAT much about some new Goodnites, but I guess they are pretty nice :)

Thanks for all the interest. It makes me feel so loved

GoodnitesLover8 said:
This thread has reached over 2000 views. I didn't think people would care THAT much about some new Goodnites, but I guess they are pretty nice :)

Thanks for all the interest. It makes me feel so loved

Could you please reupload the photos of the 2017 goodnites comparison?

I got a pack today and tried one on. I can confirm that they do legitimately fit me with no butt crack showing. I'm 152 lbs with a 32" waist. I still need to wet one and see how it performs, but the size is encouraging. The new package is very similar to the old one, except is says "new designs" and "5 layer protection". It doesn't say anything about the double leak guards or larger size on the package.

I'd like to try and find these in the store soon. Is there anything on the packaging that would help determine if they are the old ones or new?

Edit: just read the post above me. I'll keep a look out!

disneygeek said:
I'd like to try and find these in the store soon. Is there anything on the packaging that would help determine if they are the old ones or new?

Edit: just read the post above me. I'll keep a look out!

The double leak guards Goodnites have VERY similar packaging to the ones without dlg, but they DO say double leak guards under the "5 layer protection." They are phasing out the old ones. Also, the double leak guards Goodnites do not mention the increased size. I was pleasantly surprised they were bigger.

- - - Updated - - -

AnimeDude892 said:
Could you please reupload the photos of the 2017 goodnites comparison?

What problem are you having with the pictures? There is a public Photobucket link that I verified still works

- - - Updated - - -

MailCat581 said:
I've tried wearing goodnites off and on as they are the closest thing to a disposable pull up that small build adults like me can fit in. But I have not tried any of the newer ones. I haven't worn a goodnite in a few years because when I wet; I flood. I'm better off wearing a tape on diaper even if it has babyish prints.

You can still leak with the new ones, but the faster absorption, extra absorption (more SAP), and deeper crotch are a HUGE improvement in the capacity department. You should try them again :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I just got a pack of the SM Goodnites with the double leak guards, so I will upload those pictures either tonight or tomorrow night

Do the girl ones also have the extra length?

I'll look for these tomorrow, Hope I can find em. I like goodnites. I'm 35" waist, and the regular XL ones fit me, although I can't be to rough. Capacity is decent. I hope the new ones are better.

I tried one out last night/this morning. I was going to post in the Diaper Review forum, but I read the rules and they expect way too much time and content than I want to bother with.

Fit: Definitely a bit larger than the previous ones. They fit my 32" waist like brief style underwear with nothing exposed that should not be. They seem to be a tiny bit wider and they fit around male anatomy somewhat better. When still dry, there was no way to see it under my clothing (cargo pants). Once wet, there would be a bulge in the front but not the back. Someone looking would probably just think you were well endowed.

Absorbency: I didn't do exact measurements of fluid capacity, but I let out a morning bladder-full at a moderate flow rate. It still absorbed a bit slowly like the old ones, but it held well with no leaks. I went back to bed and slept on my side with no issues. I gave it one more small wetting when I woke up, which it also held. Like the old ones, the last few inches of absorbent material near the butt really won't absorb anything unless you wet lying on your back. I sat on a carpeted floor and felt a little damp around my legs, but nothing that would have left a wet mark on my clothes. To give it the extreme test, I sat on the rim of the bathtub wearing white underpants over it to see if I could force it to leak. The absorbent material squished to the back and it leaked out the butt area a little bit.

So in conclusion, I think they're a big improvement. I'll probably start wearing in public way more often now because I finally have something I enjoy wearing that I can hide under my clothes. They're not going to take more than one wetting, but that's not what they're for.

thiceman said:
Do the girl ones also have the extra length?

I don't know, but probably considering the girl and boy versions usually have the same dimensions

- - - Updated - - -

Skwuzzy said:
I tried one out last night/this morning. I was going to post in the Diaper Review forum, but I read the rules and they expect way too much time and content than I want to bother with.

Fit: Definitely a bit larger than the previous ones. They fit my 32" waist like brief style underwear with nothing exposed that should not be. They seem to be a tiny bit wider and they fit around male anatomy somewhat better. When still dry, there was no way to see it under my clothing (cargo pants). Once wet, there would be a bulge in the front but not the back. Someone looking would probably just think you were well endowed.

Absorbency: I didn't do exact measurements of fluid capacity, but I let out a morning bladder-full at a moderate flow rate. It still absorbed a bit slowly like the old ones, but it held well with no leaks. I went back to bed and slept on my side with no issues. I gave it one more small wetting when I woke up, which it also held. Like the old ones, the last few inches of absorbent material near the butt really won't absorb anything unless you wet lying on your back. I sat on a carpeted floor and felt a little damp around my legs, but nothing that would have left a wet mark on my clothes. To give it the extreme test, I sat on the rim of the bathtub wearing white underpants over it to see if I could force it to leak. The absorbent material squished to the back and it leaked out the butt area a little bit.

So in conclusion, I think they're a big improvement. I'll probably start wearing in public way more often now because I finally have something I enjoy wearing that I can hide under my clothes. They're not going to take more than one wetting, but that's not what they're for.

This is pretty much the same as what I said. That means I was accurate. Yay :)

- - - Updated - - -

MickeyM said:
I'll look for these tomorrow, Hope I can find em. I like goodnites. I'm 35" waist, and the regular XL ones fit me, although I can't be to rough. Capacity is decent. I hope the new ones are better.

The new ones should be better. Let me know

GoodnitesLover8 said:
What problem are you having with the pictures? There is a public Photobucket link that I verified still works

Never mind.

so you think we're going to start seeing a whole lot more of this "double leak guard" trend?

bambinod said:
so you think we're going to start seeing a whole lot more of this "double leak guard" trend?

No. It's pretty rare and probably always will be. :(

I hope not. Instead of adding a second leak guard that barely works these manufacturers need to focus on making the leak guards they already have, to work better.

Slomo said:
I hope not. Instead of adding a second leak guard that barely works these manufacturers need to focus on making the leak guards they already have, to work better.

The double leak guards may not work for adults, but if they work well for youth, then that's all that really should matter.

bambinod said:

Yes. It seems like it might become a trend. Always advertised it pretty heavily when they released their Underwear, it's been put on the newest product from NorthShore, and it is making more appearances in the children/youth area now.

GoodnitesLover8 said:
No. It's pretty rare and probably always will be. :(

Not really, for the idea only having been introduced recently it's found it's way onto several products already.

Slomo said:

I agree. I think they are a gimmick, advertising trick, and waste of material. Two equal length, equal height leak guards standing next to each other is a waste. Fluid that manages to get between them has no where to go so ends up leaking out anyway. That "extra" material used for a useless extra leak barrier would be much better utilized to reinforce, extend, and heighten existing leak barriers.

Most leak barriers are already subpar (generic, mainstream, non-premium/ABDL products). To go with that, leg gathers seem to have shrunk as well. I would much prefer that leak barriers would increase in dimension as well as widening leg gathers and adding more/better elastic to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back