diapers in puplic

Status
Not open for further replies.
downtide said:
I use catheters five times a day but I use intermittent catheters; one use, in and out, and throw it away. It's in there for less than a minute. They are never painful but sometimes they're a little uncomfortable going in if it's cold (my bathroom is unheated and it gets really cold in there in winter). It warms up as soon as the flow starts though. If it's warm to start with, I hardly feel it at all.

The only time I've experienced discomfort with a catheter was after surgery when I had a foley that drains into a bag. I had that for a week. Putting it in was fine, taking it out was a bit painful. I think it dries out a bit so it drags on the urethra as it's pulled out. In theory, a foley can be left in for up to three weeks but I don't fancy that at all.

As for wearing diapers in public, in the 5-6 years I've been wearing them, I don't think anyone has noticed. At worst, they probably think I have a fat ass (to match my fat belly). Just once, in all that time, someone in a public bathroom said "what's that noise?" while I was changing, and it wasn't even the tapes, it was the sound of bagging up the wet one. I ignored them and carried on. They were gone by the time I came out of the stall.

I don't make a scene of it, I make sure the waistband isn't visible if my shirt should come un-tucked. But if anyone does notice, I don't care.

Just how I feel if someone notices so what.

Tommycombs said:
I've been trying to figure out a good go-to answer. Incontinence wont be a good excuse for me since the ones I wear are babyish. It really is just a security, comfort, and de-stressing device that's a deeply personal and private nature. But one you are not ashamed of none the less. Maybe say something along those lines?

Why not. I'm incontinent, and love wearing crinklz. Not much more babyish than that.

As far as anyone is concerned, they don't necessarily need to know you wear for fun or need (and a mental need IS a need). And why can't it be both anyways? When life gives you lemmons you learn to like lemonade. And when life puts you in diapers.....

Slomo said:
Why not. I'm incontinent, and love wearing crinklz. Not much more babyish than that.

As far as anyone is concerned, they don't necessarily need to know you wear for fun or need (and a mental need IS a need). And why can't it be both anyways? When life gives you lemmons you learn to like lemonade. And when life puts you in diapers.....
Thanks. Those are good ways of looking at it.

While not to purposely show off your diapers in puplic, I think it's rather important to help break the taboo. People should know that's it's none of their business why someone else is wearing diapers, no matter what age they are.

Yay, my 100th post!

Today was an interesting experience. I went to Starbucks for a coffee and to study a bit. I sat down with my coffee and started to study. Two woman sat next to me (the whole place was open and they sit next to me... never fails). So as I'm reading I get an eyelash in my eye and it was bugging the hell out of me. I got up and went to the bathroom to get it out. When I returned to my seat one of the women was gone and the one closest to me leans over a bit and said "I couldn't help but notice that when you got up and sat down I could see that you are wearing a diaper. I don't mean to be rude or nosy, but I was wondering what happened?". This situation isn't something necessarily new but I was a bit annoyed. She didn't even introduce herself or anything. I explained my citation and she said to me "That is a shame. You're really hot.". At that point I told her to go f*ck her self with a traffic cone. She apologized and said she didn't mean it in a bad way so then I felt like a jerk. After that she left. Sometimes people don't mean to be hurtful but come across that way. I still don't even know her name.

icklespace said:
I was going on the premises of wearing just for fun

Just say you need them, no need to elaborate its a mental over physical need

Me thinks we doth worry too much. Wear using stealth. Have an excuse in your head (STD, minor leakage, aggravated prostate, IBS, etc.). Use discretion, and know that it's only your business. If you wear cutesy designs, then maybe you'd have to imply your trying to have fun with your problemo. No big deal. OTOH, if you're wearing a binky around your neck, you've already outed yourself, right?

Jamieboy said:
if you're wearing a binky around your neck, you've already outed yourself, right?

Being an adult baby would actually would be the better thing in that scenario... as nuks are also popular to use with ecstasy by some drug addicts

Hi, I most often wear a diaper in public now. Like most of my fellow posters here I advocate complete discretion. I usually wear a pleated skirt or slacks and a longer cut sweater or blazer when diapered. I've never had any indication someone else has noticed my diaper, and would be mortified if they did!

I almost always go out in public, the only time I'm generally not wearing a diaper is when I'm at work (not a good diaper environment) But usually when I get home, putting on a diaper is the first thing I do, I then go about my usual business, I'm discrete, the public is not consenting. Normally on the weekend I stay in diapers, if I'm going out I'll make sure I have a onesie on (in case I bend down, no shirt ride up) I have been "caught" by the general public, I just ignore it, or if asked a direct question about it, say something along the lines that its non of your business. I also have had my butt padded / squeezed by someone (I think women are automatically programmed to unknowingly do that) both times I had that happened I just froze in shock, then regrouped and continued onward with what I was doing.

Kellycares said:
Hi, I most often wear a diaper in public now. Like most of my fellow posters here I advocate complete discretion. I usually wear a pleated skirt or slacks and a longer cut sweater or blazer when diapered. I've never had any indication someone else has noticed my diaper, and would be mortified if they did!

The ability to be discreet and pull it off in public is a big part of the appeal and enjoyment in this. No one is the wiser.

so maybe the people that are having a hard time going out in public in diaper is it all in the mind saying diapers are for babies and old people and you relley should be wearing underwear or boxers or whatever. and what I read hear noboday cares about you but in my work place they get a hold on anything you have that they make fun of you and laught they will thanks

Kaliborio said:
I wear in public, but I don't make my wearing public.

--------------------------

Bingo!

I've never heard or seen it stated better.

Andrew.

- - - Updated - - -

Kellycares said:

---------------

Here's the deal: If the person who knows you and your secrets well has to actually stop to ask, "are you wearing and waterproofed?" It's then you know you have
achieved the highest level of discretion. It's a very potent attractor to me -- when she wears and presents herself in that manner.

Hi, thank you Andrew! There are so any supportive and encouraging posts in this thread. Thanks for your acknowledgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back