Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Being homeschooled all through my academic years, I never really needed a backpack. I remember having a see-through Lisa Frank one that came with a stationary set someone gave me as a gift, but I never really used it more than once or so. I think the children's backpacks hanging outside the preschool rooms at the YMCA might have put the idea into my head that it would be cool to have a PAW Patrol one of my own, that I could use when I go to the pool there at the Y. So I bought one today!IMG_20170304_151656 - Edited.jpg

And no, I have no qualms about carrying around a cartoon-character backpack in public; I mean some of my acquaintances at the YMCA might think it's a little odd but who cares. :p

Last edited:
Oh. . . My. . . Wait just a collard pickin' minute. You were home schooled?! What I wouldn't have given! What was it like? Tell me before I burst with excitement, wonder, and that'sawsomeitude, and yes, that's officially a word now! Only to me, but still. Mine might actually need a backpack, because we're seldom staying home. Space Center Houston, museums, zoos, all sorts of fun places are on my list, and documentation is always a good idea, even here, where requirements are pretty lax, so they'll need to carry a visual from of documents that learning is going on.

Betsy DeVos will love you. I had a backpack in college long before students had backpacks. It was one that was used in WW II and had a bullet hole in the back and a blood stain. I was protesting the Vietnam war and that seemed a good way. I was living off campus, so I would put my books in my army backpack and walk to school, rain, winter, storm...whatever. One time during winter, my hair was frozen in ice, and I had long hair. It began to melt and drip water during my first class. It was so cool because other students were laughing and saying, "You're melting!" like in the Wizard of Oz.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Oh. . . My. . . Wait just a collard pickin' minute. You were home schooled?! What I wouldn't have given! What was it like? Tell me before I burst with excitement, wonder, and that'sawsomeitude, and yes, that's officially a word now! Only to me, but still. Mine might actually need a backpack, because we're seldom staying home. Space Center Houston, museums, zoos, all sorts of fun places are on my list, and documentation is always a good idea, even here, where requirements are pretty lax, so they'll need to carry a visual from of documents that learning is going on.

It was actually my choice to be homeschooled. I remember running through the house one day when I was about five, and my mom saying something along the lines of ''You know, you'll have to go to school soon.'' And my response was ''No!''

So anyway, my one set of cousins was homeschooled because their dad was in the military and they moved a lot, so that's probably were I learned about it. I started with first grade through the local school district, but it was rather unsatisfactory so from second to eighth grade I was enrolled in the same Catholic program my cousins used, then changed to a secular program for high school.

For me everything was book-based instead of online. When I was younger my mother pretty much played teacher but when I got to around fourth or fifth grade or so I pretty much started teaching myself. From the second grade up my assignments were mailed in every so often to be graded and to get a report card.

I love to get my backpacks from Smiggle. Best shop ever. I swear. They have the cutest backpacks ever.

IMG_2969.JPG

This one is mine. I have a big collection of their backpacks, but this is my favourite. It's soooooo cute.

Last edited:
OK, I'll admit... I felt a little self-conscious toting around my new backpack today. On another note, when I went to change out of my swimsuit, I felt like Chase, Marshall, and Rubble were staring at my boobs. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back