Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchtopK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
anyone try mom to mom diapers.
these are for little babies. But I was strolling through the diaper isle today at the grocery store. And as many others have commented, got a strong wiff of something alot like vintage pampers. I have already bought pampers and luvs and this is not it. Looking at the shelf, the mom to mom diaper box was the only one that was "open". the hand holds on the box were pushed in and you could see the diapers. So, I am surmising perhaps that they were the ones with the scent. I could not find any info about scent online. So, I wonder if anyone here has tried them and could comment.

Why dint you just grab the package and sniff it?

Because it was so close to the front desk and I thought that would look strange. I wanted to though.

I have had some of the mom to mom diapers and they do not have any scent at all. they are a cheaper supermarket brand diaper. They have bedwetter pants in the lineup. The manufacturer of them also makes other brand names of supermarket diapers.

then the mystery continues. For something in that isle was reminiscent of vintage pampers. I have purchased Luv's and Pampers there and none had this scent. So that leaves Huggies. Can Anyone comment on them?

Huggies do not have a scent either. However, what you describe reminds me of Parents Choice Scented baby wipes (available at Walmart), they have the same scent of baby wipes from the 1980's. They are great!!

so the plot thickens. most things these days in the baby isle are sealed in plastic. I wonder if the store has something they spray in that isle occasionally to do this? Doubtful.

Could it be baby powder, that has a lovely scent?

I see people talking about this infamous "scent" all of the time, but I have no idea what you guys are talking about! Can someone describe it to me?

ArchtopK said:
then the mystery continues. For something in that isle was reminiscent of vintage pampers. I have purchased Luv's and Pampers there and none had this scent. So that leaves Huggies. Can Anyone comment on them?

By my nose, the closest (modern) thing to the scent of those old late-80's, early-90's Pampers would be the scent of Pampers Easy Ups training pants.

...but that might just be me. I suspect that, after decades without the original diapers, our noses are all a bit "off". And the scents don't age well either, as I've several times found when buying bags of vintage diapers. The lotions and other chemicals have long since dried up or otherwise evaporated. The vintage bags I've purchased have always smelled a bit stale and musty.

Anyway, maybe snag a package of Easy Ups and see what you think. Last bag I had was in August, and they still smelled (again, by nose) like the old Pampers I remember. Or pretty darned close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back